Hello from Maryland, USA!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

JackPat

Hello from Maryland, USA!

Post by JackPat »

Hello everyone! I was excited to find this wonderful place to celebrate and share Libera’s music. I first encountered Libera in 2014, when they came to the USA to perform in Washington DC. I sadly did not go to that performance (oh, how I regret this!), but in the few days before the concert, they used my church’s school building as a rehearsal space. They joined us for mass on Sunday, with Robert Prizeman playing a keyboard, and that’s where I first heard their incredible sound. (I remember them singing Immaculate Mary, in an arrangement unlike any I’ve heard before. I had hoped it would be part of their “Libera in America” album, but alas, I haven’t been able to find it anywhere.) Anyway, I’ve been listening to Libera ever since, and I’m very happy to join this forum.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from Maryland, USA!

Post by Surpinto »

Welcome! That 2014 DC show was my first live concert and was really something special. I am so sorry that you were unable to see them then. I take it that you were not able to travel to see them on either this year's or last year's US tour? It's unfortunate that the most densely populated part of the US (the so-called Northeast Corridor consisting of Washington, New York, Boston, etc) has not had a concert in a while. I would be overjoyed for them to have another Washington concert.

Anyway, it is good to have you here. Have you pre-ordered your copy of Beyond yet? :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

That's an interesting story of how you were introduced to the group, was there a buzz amongst the congregation after that mass service? They are remarkably different in style to the music song in many churches these days aren't they.

How about my usual welcome to new members?

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JackPat

Post by JackPat »

Thank you both for the kind welcome! Surpinto, you're correct that I didn't see them on their last visit to the states either. I would love for them to come back to the 'Northeast Corridor.' I'm sure it will happen someday soon.

Thanks for the fun video, Yorkie - a great tradition you've got going there. Yes, there was something of a buzz. I know our pastor was really excited about it, as was our music director and some other friends of mine. I'm certainly not the only one to become a Libera fan that day.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

They seem to be visiting the US almost annually now, so maybe next year they will grace the east coast again.