Hello from Japan

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

aoba

Hello from Japan

Post by aoba »

Hello.

My name is Aoba.
I'm 22 yo and live in near Tokyo in Japan.

I knew Libera on youtube in December 2016 and became a fan.
Thereafter, I am listening to Libera's songs on CD and Apple Music.
I went to a concert in Tokyo for 2 days in japan tour 2017. And I am looking forward to the new album 'Beyond' and the Japan tour in October this year.

I am not good at English, so I'm sorry if I posted it using very strange expressions.
I may translate and post information about CDs to be released in Japan, as far as I know.

Thanks.

Aoba
filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Hello from Japan

Post by filiarheni »

Hi Aoba, welcome to Libera Dreams! :D

So it seems you became a fan from one Moment to the next like so many others. Where you actively searching for Libera or was it a coincidence to find them ? And do you remember what your very first Libera song was? Great that you already saw them live and in October you will have two highlights ... :wink:

As non-native speaker I can promise you that no-one will judge you for your language, this is a very friendly, very international group of fans and you will hopefully feel fine being around here. :)

I'm excited about your offer regarding Japanese info and translations. Thank you! :) (I once tried to get a proper translation of the "Free" booklet and it was not possible from here. Maybe there's hope now ...)

Have fun in the forum!
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
aoba

Post by aoba »

Hi filiarheni, thank you for your reply and warmly greeting me.

When I was searching classical music and boy soprano songs on youtube, I found Libera by chance.
My first song I listened to is 'I am the day'.
Even if I listen to English words, I can not understand the meaning at once, so I do not understand the lyrics well. But I was fascinated by their mysterious singing voice and the songs themselves, including accompaniment.

Unfortunately I don't have any version of 'Free'... I usually listen to it on Apple Music.
The titles of the CD that I have are 'Hope (Japan & UK edition)', 'Libera in America (BD)', 'Christmas in Ireland (CD & DVD)', 'Angel', 'Jupiter produced by Mao Asada' and 'Libera'.

Of course, I will get both JP & UK version of 'Beyond'. :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

aoba, welcome to Libera Dreams and thank you so much for telling us how you discovered Libera. Many fans seems to find the choir through searches on Youtube of classical, choral, or sacred music. As Filiarheni already mentioned we are an international group here and there is no shame and no embarrassment about mistakes with language, because all are welcome. :D In addition, because most on this forum are from Europe or North American, far fewer fans who participate here are able to travel to Japan for the concert. But having more fans who go to concerts outside of the UK or US creates more interest for those of us who read.

I look forward to reading more from you, including your impressions of the new album Beyond and your review of the Japanese concerts. :D
aoba

Post by aoba »

Hi, Surpinto.

Thanks for your reply.

I think that the information of Libera in Japan is hard to find and interpret from abroad.
If I have something I can write about Libera in Japan, I will post it in my free time. :D
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Hello aoba and welcome to the forum :D :D

It's good to see you here. I'm looking forward to reading your contributions. So, we will have a Japanese insider here now (or, maybe we already do and I'm not aware of that :? ). Anyway, welcome.

It looks like we discovered Libera at the same time. It was December 2016 for me too! Since then so many good, Libera related things have happened to me. I hope, you also feel, that you discovered something special almost two years ago.

Don't worry about your English. I'm neither a native English speaker and I certainly write strange and weird things, but people here are extremely nice and understanding.

Welcome again and enjoy. :D
aoba

Post by aoba »

Hello andmar.

Thank you for the reply and welcoming me.

I am pleased that you discovered Libera at the same time as you. :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hello Aoba,

Welcome to the forum. It is always good to meet new fans, especially from Japan which is a country that has given huge support to Libera over the years. I think Japan is one of the boys favourite places to visit - especially when they are treated like pop stars by the Japanese girls :lol:

I hope you will enjoy the concerts in Japan. They were very good in Ely and even better by all accounts in the USA on their recent tour so they should be outstanding by the time they get to you in October!

All that remains is for me to give my traditional forum welcome to new members (if your English isn't good I have no idea what you will make of this!):

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
aoba

Post by aoba »

Hello Yorkie.

Thanks for your reply and welcoming me.
I decided not to think deeply about my weird English. :D

I am looking forward to the concert in October very much.
I read some reports of last USA tour, and I am sure that I will be able to enjoy the next Japan tour. :)

When I went to the libera's concert for the first time last year, I certainly felt that there were many girls fan.
I was surprised that some girl was using binoculars to watch the pop stars. :shock: :lol:
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

I haven't been on this forum for some time (which is quite unlikely ever since I decided to sign up last year) so it's a little late now, but welcome to Libera Dreams. I have really enjoyed my stay here with really nice fans and I'm sure you will too. :D

I have read your posts on some other threads and also want to say thank you for those contributions. Enjoy the Japan concerts this October, and I'm really looking forward to hearing your opinions about them. :wink:
aoba

Post by aoba »

Thank you, kinda_k00l. :)

I hope you will continue enjoying Libera Worlds from now on.
And I also hope so.