Libera's Official Fan Club in Japan

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Libera's Official Fan Club in Japan

Post by kinda_k00l »

There is a news article posted on Libera Records, that an official Libera Fan Club is to be established in September 2018.

The name is "from LIBERA, from LONDON". And there is a line that says it will be 'connecting London and Japan, to get fans closer to Libera', so maybe it is not a Japan-only thing. However, it is organized by a Japanese branch of Libera, and the article is written entirely in Japanese, so...

Fan club privilege & enrollment method will be announced later.

The "beyond" album will also be released in a fan club limited edition, which comes with "jacket booklet wide case" (not sure what it means) and no DVD. Tracklist remains the same.

-----

I don't know why - this is big deal for Libera and their fans perhaps, and while I am supposed to be excited to hear this, I can't help but feel somewhat blue, to be honest...
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit to have it clearer
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Libera's Official Fan Club (in Japan, or...?)

Post by maartendas »

The release date for Beyond is mentioned as October 17.
It also says there will be a "fan club limited edition". This leaves open the possibility of a regular release as well - perhaps at an earlier date even. (one can hope, no? :wink: )
It also states the fan club version to be CD only - wonder what that says about a possible regular release?

Meanwhile, here is a rough Google translation of the release date, price and tracklist:
beyond 【fan club limited edition】
Release released on October 17, 2018 LIBE - 0011 CD ¥ 3,000 (excluding tax) ¥ 3,240 (tax included)
※ Fan Club limited edition will be CD only.
<Track to be recorded>
Ave Maria (Kachini)
Voca · M
Ave · Maria
Sanktus (Pachelbel's Canon)
Mother of God (Tavner)
Always be by your side ("Becoming a thousand wind" Ribera · Original)
Salve Regina
Benedictus Deus
In Paradisum (Ben Robbins) (New Song), etc.
<Japan disc special track>
To tomorrow ~ for the future (Lyrics · Composition · Produce: Kameda Seiji Arranged: Robert · Prizeman)
<Fan Club Limited Edition Bonus>
Fan club limited edition jacket, booklet wide case specification
Nearer my God to Thee is not mentioned. I wonder who will be the soloist in the Caccini Ave Maria? And the new songs Always be by your side & To tomorrow - for the future - what might they be? (the latter seems to be the "Japan disc special track")
Questions, questions.... :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

The above post fits better in the 'Beyond' thread - moderators, feel free to move it there :) (even though most of the info is already shared in kinda_kool's post :wink: )
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:00 am">5 years ago</span> There is a news article posted on Libera Records, that an official Libera Fan Club is to be established in September 2018.

The name is "from LIBERA, from LONDON". And there is a line that says it will be 'connecting London and Japan, to get fans closer to Libera', so maybe it is not a Japan-only thing. However, it is organized by a Japanese branch of Libera, and the article is written entirely in Japanese, so...
I think they mean that Japanese fans will feel connected through the club to Libera which is in London. In this way the club connects Japan and London. I am almost entirely certain that this is intended for Japanese fans only. Will those outside Japan be allowed to participate? That would depend on whether the club would be physically shipping things to people or not. Before the internet in times long gone by, belonging to an official fan club mean regular mailing of a magazine or autographed photos or something like that. I doubt that this will be a throwback to those times as email is so much simpler. But if there is some component of physical mail then the limitation of a Japanese address may apply. Fan_de_lok on Twitter advised using https://www.tenso.com/en/ to establish a Japanese mailing address.

We will have to see what this fan club has to offer. It may only be applicable to those residing in Japan anyhow.
kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:00 am">5 years ago</span> Fan club privilege & enrollment method will be announced later.

The "beyond" album will also be released in a fan club limited edition, which comes with "jacket booklet wide case" (not sure what it means) and no DVD. Tracklist remains the same.

-----

I don't know why - this is big deal for Libera and their fans perhaps, and while I am supposed to be excited to hear this, I can't help but feel somewhat blue, to be honest...
I think that this refers to something like this:

So extra inserts with extra artwork. No need to be blue! The top priority is the music itself which will doubtless be available internationally. I would not advise jumping through the hoops needed just to get a unique album cover when most of us listen to our music on digital devices these days anyway and the CD artwork sits in a drawer!
aoba

Post by aoba »

Libera-Records have been announced details of the Fan Club in Japan.

https://libera-records.com/news/2018/09/01/663/
https://liberafc.jp/s/n75
    The fan club name is 'from LIBERA, from LONDON'. It starts on 19 Sep 2018 at 10:00 a.m. JST.
      The Halloween Event will be hold on 25 Oct 2018 at Osaka. It may be not event for only fan club member, but they will be able to get this ticket in the advance lottery sale.
        Membership Benefits: members card, annual photo book.
          The fan club member can enjoy some contents: video letter, Q&A, movies (behind the scenes & etc), photo, ticket's presale, limited goods shop, mail magazine.
            Annual fee : 6000 yen.
              Payment method : Credit cards, etc.

However... I found the following description.:?
              "Benefits and services for members are limited to those residing in Japan."
              fan_de_LoK
              Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes, as Surpinto pointed it earlier, this was likely, sadly :roll:
              Well, I guess tenso.com will see new registrations to arrive in the coming few weeks :wink:

Here the link to the fan club front page throught Google Translator.

To make it easier, here below the blocks made from the page translated through Google :

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

aoba

Post by aoba »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:14 am">5 years ago</span> Yes, as Surpinto pointed it earlier, this was likely, sadly :roll:
              Well, I guess tenso.com will see new registrations to arrive in the coming few weeks :wink:
              Wow, that's an amazing service. :shock:
              Unless the payment system rejects overseas credit cards like iTunes Store or deny access, I think there is some hope.
              As long as the payment system does not reject overseas credit cards like iTunes Store or not deny access, I think there is some hope.
              fan_de_LoK
              Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The yearly fee is not excessive, I thought it would have been higher.
              6000 yens is about 55 dollars, 45 euros, 40 pounds
              james010101

Libera Japan fansite

Post by james010101 »

I just thought u guys might be interested to know that the Libera Japan fansite is currently active, but applications will only be open on 19 September. Application fee is 6000 yen, though I'm not sure if applications are open to foreigners (i.e. non-Japanese). They did state at the bottom of the page that "Awards and services for members are limited to those residing in Japan", though I can't be certain if that means foreigners are NOT allowed in at all.

Would appreciate any thoughts, especially from active Japanese fans here on the site. :)

https://liberafc.jp/s/n75
              fan_de_LoK
              Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I successfully registered as member of the fan club :)
              The process is not too difficult, with the help of Google Translator, but it requires to have a Japanese mail address. Mine was given by tenso.com

I started at the very opening and It took me about 15 mn to complete the procedure.
              Despite that reasonable short time, on the final page I saw that my member number was already near #1000!
              bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I was just taking a look at the home page of this website, and noticed what has to be a very recent picture of some Libera members in front of a green screen. The reason I know it has to be recent is that someone appears to have gotten a haircut! At first, I thought it was a new member.
              james010101

Post by james010101 »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:28 am">5 years ago</span> I successfully registered as member of the fan club :)
              The process is not too difficult, with the help of Google Translator, but it requires to have a Japanese mail address. Mine was given by tenso.com

I started at the very opening and It took me about 15 mn to complete the procedure.
              Despite that reasonable short time, on the final page I saw that my member number was already near #1000!
              I started my registration process at exactly 10 a.m., took 5-7 mins to finish registration, and my member number was around #500................ I swear, either japanese ppl type insanely fast, or the member numbers dont start from #1 :P
              Last edited by james010101 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
              james010101

Post by james010101 »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:36 am">5 years ago</span> I was just taking a look at the home page of this website, and noticed what has to be a very recent picture of some Libera members in front of a green screen. The reason I know it has to be recent is that someone appears to have gotten a haircut! At first, I thought it was a new member.
              There's a new Q&A vid as well! (in case you weren't aware :P)
              bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

james010101 wrote: <span title="Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:59 am">5 years ago</span>
              bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:36 am">5 years ago</span> I was just taking a look at the home page of this website, and noticed what has to be a very recent picture of some Libera members in front of a green screen. The reason I know it has to be recent is that someone appears to have gotten a haircut! At first, I thought it was a new member.
              I don't plan on registering for the fansite, which I assume is required for viewing the video.
              james010101

Post by james010101 »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:13 am">5 years ago</span>
              james010101 wrote: <span title="Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:59 am">5 years ago</span>
              I don't plan on registering for the fansite, which I assume is required for viewing the video.
              yes, it appears that its only available on the fansite...