Libera's Official Fan Club in Japan

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

justin

Re: Libera's Official Fan Club in Japan

Post by justin »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:09 am">5 years ago</span> This was already the case with "For the Future" on the the Japanese version of Beyond which required ordering a Japanese version of the CD - although we were lucky and the Japanese version was on iTunes for a brief while before it was removed. I somehow doubt that a song would be recorded exclusively for the Japanese club, but something like that would be the only reason I would consider joining personally.
Hi Surpinto, there are some additional perks associated with the Japanese fan club ("FC") that might just entice u to take that extra step :lol: Two examples: (1) the "For the Future" music video was pre-released to FC members before its official release in Japan; (2) a video (8 mins long) was just released today showing the entire proceedings of the Halloween party held last October.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Surpinto wrote:Thank you, fan_de_LoK. I am sure that there are plenty of fans who will take advantage of this information and will appreciate the help you always offer on such matters. :D
Thanks Surpinto :)
To go a bit further to help fans to register on the Japanese FC, I share here a pdf I made to help someone.

I was hesitant to publish it in public because I would not want to make people to register if they do not have the autonomy to manage themselves the kind of translations required on simple forms.

The idea of opening an account is to use that account along the year, it is not to be just a 'one shot connection'. This requires to not be scared by a bit of Japanese to translate each time there is something new published on the FC site.

But I now assume that anyone here is warned enough about what is he doing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlatbuc85sgld ... n.pdf?dl=0

Please don't repost that link outside this Libera dreams forum :)
justin

Post by justin »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:54 pm">5 years ago</span> To go a bit further to help fans to register on the Japanese FC, I share here a pdf I made to help someone.
This is an excellent resource Patrick!! :) Thanks!

I'd also like to add (in case anyone is not aware) that if the internet browser you're using is Google Chrome, there's a function built into the browser (which is based on the Google translate service) which you could activate such that the browser would automatically do all the necessary translations on-the-fly for you whenever you land in a foreign language site. This function can be found on the right side of the URL bar.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:54 pm">5 years ago</span>
Thanks Surpinto :)
To go a bit further to help fans to register on the Japanese FC, I share here a pdf I made to help someone.

I was hesitant to publish it in public because I would not want to make people to register if they do not have the autonomy to manage themselves the kind of translations required on simple forms.

The idea of opening an account is to use that account along the year, it is not to be just a 'one shot connection'. This requires to not be scared by a bit of Japanese to translate each time there is something new published on the FC site.

But I now assume that anyone here is warned enough about what is he doing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlatbuc85sgld ... n.pdf?dl=0

Please don't repost that link outside this Libera dreams forum :)
Wow, this is extremely detailed and helpful. Thank you for your efforts in that regard! :D :D
justin wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:00 pm">5 years ago</span>
Hi Surpinto, there are some additional perks associated with the Japanese fan club ("FC") that might just entice u to take that extra step :lol: Two examples: (1) the "For the Future" music video was pre-released to FC members before its official release in Japan; (2) a video (8 mins long) was just released today showing the entire proceedings of the Halloween party held last October.
Good points!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

justin wrote:Hi Surpinto, there are some additional perks associated with the Japanese fan club ("FC") that might just entice u to take that extra step :lol: Two examples: (1) the "For the Future" music video was pre-released to FC members before its official release in Japan; (2) a video (8 mins long) was just released today showing the entire proceedings of the Halloween party held last October.
Another example of exclusive content for the fan club members : various short video newsletters were posted during the last 3 months, as well as a very nice 5 mins long video of the concert in Arundel :)

The FC revealed today the design of the new membership card for year 2019-2020 (it changes each year).
It was chosen a photo coming also from the Arundel 2019 concert.

Read more on this news page on the FC site (in Japanese) :
https://liberafc.jp/s/n75/news/detail/10036
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

A little update about the Libera Fan Club in Japan.

The FC informs today its members about the soon release of the 2020 Libera calendar in Japan.
It is composed of photos taken during the recent tour in Japan, in October.

Last year the 2019 calendar was reserved exclusively for the FC members, but this year it is more open.
The 2020 calendar can be purchased by anyone.
The FC members have simply an additional little benefit: an exclusive Libera post card

The visual of the 2020 calendar cover :

The Japanese calendar can be bought from the Sony Music shop website :
https://www.sonymusicshop.jp/m/arti/art ... d=79033590

There are two entries for the 2020 calendar.
The one marked as "FC" can only be bought when you are a FC member and have linked together both your FC and Sony accounts.

The Sony shop page propose about 25 other Libera memorabilia and CDs, including the recent Japan tour concert program and a printed blanket :)

The Japanese 2020 calendar is desktop sized, meaning approx 18 * 13 * 8 cm.
It is smaller that the 2020 Western Libera calendar that was proposed at the recent Christmas concert at St John's SS, and which is now on the official site's shop.

A few more things to know about the Japanese Sony Music Shop :
- The site is Japanese only. So you have to be at ease using translations sites like Google Translator, or using your web browser translation capabilities (i.e. Chrome)
- They do domestic deliveries only, so being abroad you have to rely on a mail proxy service, like tenso.com, which increases the costs a bit of course
- Foreign credit cards are accepted.

Although using that Japanese website may sound a bit adventurous for a foreigner, it is perfectly doable if you feel motivated to buy some of these Japanese Libera goodies. I already used their service a couple of times and it works very well.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you fan_de_LoK for this update and information as a number of fans have used your tips to acquire all sorts of things exclusive to Japan. :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

A little update for the Fan Club members:

- the new membership card was sent one week ago. At last. It was due for September or October 2019.

- a new yearbook '2019-2020' has just been announced today. It will be released in late April.
This is the second yearbook printed by the FC for its members. If it works as for the previous one, only one copy is given per member and it is not possible to buy more issues.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you, fan_de_LoK, for this information. I'm sure that those who are members of the flan club appreciate that. I'll make a follow-up post about the 2020 concert elsewhere on the forum so that it is on topic.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The libera Fan Club released yesterday July 9th the new yearbook 2019-2020 :)

The release went a bit delayed from the original plan, due to the covid-19 situation, but it is now in the hands of the FC members, or almost.
For the foreign members there is now the international shipment to apply, from the address proxy service (tenso.com in my case). I shall receive mine in a week or two.

The yearbook has 34 pages and tons of photos coming from concerts and outings held in 2019.

Here the cover, as posted by a fan in public on twitter.
Sorry to not share inside pages, the FC rules prohibit publishing materials that are for the members only.
20200710_122602.jpg
Libera FC 2019-2020 yearbook
20200710_122602.jpg (424.37 KiB) Viewed 3344 times
20200710_122602.jpg (424.37 KiB) Viewed 3344 times

The yearbook is not for sale, it is not possible to order multiples copies. Only one issue is sent per FC member, which represents something from several hundreds to a few thousands people in Japan, and a couple of foreigners abroad.

This 2019-2020 yearbook is the second published by the Fan Club in Japan (see about the 1st edition here).
Let's hope we will have one or two public concerts in late 2020, otherwise there will be little photos available next year for the 2020-2021 issue :wink:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

For those who have gotten their copy I hope you enjoy it! :D

Thank you for the update.
LordG

Post by LordG »

Is it possible to become a member of the Libera Fan Club?
Where do I find it?
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

LordG wrote:Is it possible to become a member of the Libera Fan Club?
Where do I find it?
You can find it here : https://liberafc.jp

Keep in mind that we are talking about the Japanese fan club, where everything is written in Japanese.
In order to register you will be asked to provide a mail address located in Japan, and there is a 6000 yens fee to pay yearly. Foreign credit cards are accepted.

If you are still interested about becoming a member, I suggest you to read this topic from the start (http://forum.libera-dreams.com/viewtopi ... =36&t=3023), you should find some useful tips there.
LordG

Post by LordG »

After looking at the Sony Japan Shop, I find only two items there that are
exclusively for FC members.

One pint of beer a month is not much money for a membership in the fan club
but I don't see much more advantages at the moment. I do not plan to travel to
Japan for a Libera concert yet.

What I take away from this thread is the possibility to use the proxy service
like tenso.com to send items from Sony Japan to Europe. Up to now I have
always bought my CDs at amazon.jp and was annoyed that the Beyond DVD
did not arrive here in the limited version.

What other advantages are there on the FC website that outsiders will not get?
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

True, the main advantages of being a member are found when you have the opportunity to attend concerts in Japan.

Members are the firsts to access to the tickets, and they have exclusive gifts at concerts. Last year it was a poster, the previous year it was the possibility of being photographed with 5 liberaboys around.
The fan club members also have the privilege of having a meet & greet reserved for them, as the last one that took place last year at the Sony Entertainment premises in Tokyo.

If you don't go to Japan for concerts, the interest of being a member is a little more limited.
There are actually one or two exclusive items per year that you can buy, CD, calendar, as you have seen.
There are from time to time exclusive photos or videos published on the fan club website, such as the video from the last Meet & Greet, short videos Letters, Q and A.
Longer videos are sometimes edited, such as one of more than 5 minutes filmed in Arundel. In 2019 there must have been 8 to 9 publications of exclusive content.

In 2020 it is more difficult of course, because of the Covid-19.
There has not yet been a public event this year and face rehearsals in St Philip are currently suspended, which limits the possibilities for the FC staff of having produced content for club members.

There are also these yearbook photo albums which are very appreciable :)