A Wonderful Gift That I Just Received....

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

feinstei

A Wonderful Gift That I Just Received....

Post by feinstei »

Just received a treasured gift today... Wanted to show them off! The LP's sound magnificent, except for the "Angel Voices" LP where they tried to stuff 10 songs onto each side of the album. In the case of that album, the commonly available CD actually sounds better than the LP version. The other two ("New Day" and "Sing For Ever") are unfortunately out-of-print on both LP and CD (they were also available on cassette), but have a beautiful simplicity and organic nature to them. They also include selections featuring the entire St. Phillips Church Choir including trebles, tenors, baritones, and basses which are magnificent...

I hope that Libera continues issuing LP versions of their albums. McIntosh (the high-end audio company) used the "Hope" LP to demonstrate their high-end LP playing system (> $50,000!!! Wish I owned it!!!) at the "Apoxna" Audio Show in Chicago because of the incredible sound and expert mastering on the LP done at Abbey Road.
NewDay_Side_1.JPG
NewDay_Side_1.JPG (2.68 MiB) Viewed 3778 times
NewDay_Side_1.JPG
NewDay_Side_1.JPG (2.68 MiB) Viewed 3778 times
NewDay_Side_2.JPG
NewDay_Side_2.JPG (2.73 MiB) Viewed 3778 times
NewDay_Side_2.JPG
NewDay_Side_2.JPG (2.73 MiB) Viewed 3778 times
Last edited by feinstei on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
feinstei

Re: A Wonderful Gift That I Just Received....

Post by feinstei »

SingForever_Side_1.JPG
SingForever_Side_1.JPG (2.65 MiB) Viewed 3776 times
SingForever_Side_1.JPG
SingForever_Side_1.JPG (2.65 MiB) Viewed 3776 times
SingForever_Side_2.JPG
SingForever_Side_2.JPG (2.69 MiB) Viewed 3776 times
SingForever_Side_2.JPG
SingForever_Side_2.JPG (2.69 MiB) Viewed 3776 times
feinstei

Post by feinstei »

AngelVoices_Side_1.JPG
AngelVoices_Side_1.JPG (2.7 MiB) Viewed 3775 times
AngelVoices_Side_1.JPG
AngelVoices_Side_1.JPG (2.7 MiB) Viewed 3775 times
AngelVoices_Side_2.JPG
AngelVoices_Side_2.JPG (2.31 MiB) Viewed 3775 times
AngelVoices_Side_2.JPG
AngelVoices_Side_2.JPG (2.31 MiB) Viewed 3775 times
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Wooow!! I wish I have got these vinyls... Very very nice!!!
feinstei

Post by feinstei »

Thanks "Ludwig1874"... They are probably the most treasured records I have (and I have quite a few rarities).... As I said, "Q Records" almost comically stuffed 20 songs onto the "Angel Voices" LP (waaaayyyyy too many tracks for a single LP -- LP's are compromised when you try to stuff too many songs onto them) -- "Q Records" probably didn't think anyone would buy the LP version! Luckily, the CD version is still available for about $10.00 on various sites (like Amazon) around the world.

BTW "Ludwig1874": If you don't have them already and you have Usenet capabilities, the two out-of-print albums (as well as many other wonderful recordings) are available in FLAC format on the group alt.binaries.boy-choir-and-soloist.

BTW "Ludwig1874"... What is a "T-card"?????
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

It's a loyalty card that works in Japan with the chain 'Tsutaya'. They sell CDs, DVDs, Books, etc.
https://fan.tsite.jp/tcard/libera.
feinstei

Post by feinstei »

Thanks fan_de_loK... I don't think that they ship overseas though. I order all of the exclusive Japanese CD's (like the "Hope" deluxe CD with the DVD) through CD Japan or Amazon.jp.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

I know this is an old topic, but I just stumbled onto it and I have to say how lucky you are! That "New Day" album has got to have been out of production for aaaaaaaages! I've heard some of the songs on YouTube and wanted to get a copy of it but alas, no such luck. Very nice for you though!
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther