Beyond

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

aoba

Re: Beyond

Post by aoba »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:49 am">5 years ago</span> Surely the full video will be made public when the Japanese version of Beyond will be released, on October 17th
james010101 wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:49 am">5 years ago</span> Edit: And as Patrick kindly pointed out, the full video should be released to the public on 17th Oct.
My understating of the Libera Record's announce is that the full video will be released on 17th Oct at some CD actual stores . :?

(Its public release date is unknown...)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:51 pm">5 years ago</span> My album review!

My thoughts are much the same as yours so it would be difficult to add anything that you haven't said.

I agree about the improvements to Salve Regina, I like this version much more. The Rocco songs are excellent. Of the Ave's I lean towards Merlins version as my preference. I thought Gabe's Do Not Stand was really good. Lacrymosa is possibly the biggest surprise. Not one of the songs I listened to often it was just OK to my taste but this version has something extra. When I heard it on the radio my immediate thought is that's a much darker mood (in a good way). My first thought was Alex G was the singer because of the way some of the words are pronounced so clearly and Alex is a very good speaker in the concerts.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:03 am">5 years ago</span>

I'm confused about the soloist crediting in the "Beyond" booklet. Only Gabe is listed there for Do Not Stand. Now is the other one Leo? It should be him, like in London, but where's his name? I looked up the other booklets: On "Free" Ben and Joe are listed. On "Angel Voices - Libera in Concert" only Tom, not Ed. But we know that it was Ed singing the second voice.
The second voice is just too important in this song, as they complement each other in an extraordinary way.
That is annoying isn't it. I hadn't realised they didn't credit Ed on the Angel Voices concert CD so I had to check and you are right :lol: Really odd. I know this cropped up on the last album and it turned out that Merlin did both parts - could that be the case here? Could they have recorded Gabe whilst he still had his high notes and then mixed it with his lower voice? That would be really great!

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:03 am">5 years ago</span> I'm confused about the soloist crediting in the "Beyond" booklet. Only Gabe is listed there for Do Not Stand. Now is the other one Leo? It should be him, like in London, but where's his name? I looked up the other booklets: On "Free" Ben and Joe are listed. On "Angel Voices - Libera in Concert" only Tom, not Ed. But we know that it was Ed singing the second voice.
The second voice is just too important in this song, as they complement each other in an extraordinary way.

Do Not Stand stays such a beautiful song ...

@Surpinto: Thank you for your review which I'll read after I've written mine. :P
It is a bit strange, but this is no different than the high note person not being credited for descants, at what point is a solo a solo? I do not say this to disagree with you, I am just pointing out that the criteria that Mr. Prizeman and crew use to determine such recognition are unknown to us. In fact, as you pointed out, the criteria changes from album to album. Maybe it is also based on the importance or uniqueness of the soloist as determined by the song itself? Again, I speculate only and have no answers. Not having been involved in a musical ensemble at any point in my life I defer to others to provide guidance on the answers; if in fact such answers exist at all :roll: .

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:39 am">5 years ago</span> I know this cropped up on the last album and it turned out that Merlin did both parts - could that be the case here? Could they have recorded Gabe whilst he still had his high notes and then mixed it with his lower voice? That would be really great!

:shock: Wow, that might just be possible; although somehow improbable. Maybe someone can ask Leo about this at the next signing if that is possible? Short of that we may never know. FDL did just that regarding "Venite Adoremus", and we got a definitive answer. That situation was distinct from this one though, as in that particular case the soloist did not harmonize with himself, there was just a moments overlap (1/2 second maybe) between parts as a result of audio mixing.

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:33 am">5 years ago</span> My thoughts are much the same as yours so it would be difficult to add anything that you haven't said.

I agree about the improvements to Salve Regina, I like this version much more. The Rocco songs are excellent. Of the Ave's I lean towards Merlins version as my preference. I thought Gabe's Do Not Stand was really good. Lacrymosa is possibly the biggest surprise. Not one of the songs I listened to often it was just OK to my taste but this version has something extra. When I heard it on the radio my immediate thought is that's a much darker mood (in a good way). My first thought was Alex G was the singer because of the way some of the words are pronounced so clearly and Alex is a very good speaker in the concerts.

Yes, after I wrote and posted my review I recognized that I had likely not given adequate credit to Rocco in accordance with how much I enjoy his solo work. His singing is simply incredible. I am saddened only by the fact that we do not have a recording of him singing "Amazing Grace" and "Angele Dei" as he did on the 2017 US tour. His voice is simply stunning in its power - my jaw hit the floor when I heard him sing the latter of those two songs on that same tour.

I agree with you about "Lacrymosa" and I actually borrowed your verbiage from twitter about the song being 'dark' as I felt that this was a very apt description. Alex's voice with the choir has a hauntingly dark quality that I enjoy more and more with every listen. And yes he has clear pronunciation with his Latin too.

james010101 wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:49 am">5 years ago</span> Libera Records has revealed that the Japanese special "Tomorrow to the Future" (明日へ~for the future) has been released today for Libera Japan Fan Club members, and will only be available for a brief 24 hours.

https://libera-records.com/news/2018/10/13/780/

Edit: And as Patrick kindly pointed out, the full video should be released to the public on 17th Oct.

Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
ooooh! I can't wait. Thank you for this information.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:39 am">5 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:03 am">5 years ago</span>
I'm confused about the soloist crediting in the "Beyond" booklet. Only Gabe is listed there for Do Not Stand. Now is the other one Leo? It should be him, like in London, but where's his name? I looked up the other booklets: On "Free" Ben and Joe are listed. On "Angel Voices - Libera in Concert" only Tom, not Ed. But we know that it was Ed singing the second voice.
That is annoying isn't it. I hadn't realised they didn't credit Ed on the Angel Voices concert CD so I had to check and you are right :lol: Really odd. I know this cropped up on the last album and it turned out that Merlin did both parts - could that be the case here? Could they have recorded Gabe whilst he still had his high notes and then mixed it with his lower voice? That would be really great!
:shock: Oh ... no ... That was exactly my fear which I didn't want to write down. The idea that Gabe sings with himself is not pleasant to me. Hopefully, it's Leo, even though not credited.

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:35 pm">5 years ago</span> It is a bit strange, but this is no different than the high note person not being credited for descants, at what point is a solo a solo? I do not say this to disagree with you, I am just pointing out that the criteria that Mr. Prizeman and crew use to determine such recognition are unknown to us. In fact, as you pointed out, the criteria changes from album to album. Maybe it is also based on the importance or uniqueness of the soloist as determined by the song itself? Again, I speculate only and have no answers. Not having been involved in a musical ensemble at any point in my life I defer to others to provide guidance on the answers; if in fact such answers exist at all .
I think a solo that is so distinct - here it even misleads listeners to consider the higher voice as the melody, which is wrong - should be credited. Normally all soloists should.
And yes, I find exactly the second solo voice indispensable for this very song. Without it, the song would lose something essential.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

There it is, the surprise album ... or who of us counted on one so soon after "Hope"? 8) Okay, it comes back to many songs from previous albums. And thus it automatically provokes some comparison you will find here and there in the following review.

Ave Maria (Vavilov (Caccini))
Oh dear, this one was my fright and fear song, after the news were out that it would be included on "Beyond". Yes, I know, it had already been executed simply perfectly not only once, but twice by Steven Geraghty and Tom Cully. But tempt fate a third time?? :shock:
Steven and Tom left huge footsteps to follow, but it's true, they did have a new soloist again capable of doing it - Gabe. I'm happy with him! He has that splendid silvery voice and he sings this aria in a simple and modest way, which does the song justice. The bit making me most nervous was the one from 3:20 onwards, when the melody reaches up to the high C, and Gabe masters it flawlessly. Afterwards the song slows down to a short pause - very speaking. All along this enchanting Ave Maria, Gabe's voice is just floating above the instruments and the choir. The overall sound is balanced and fine. This is such an enjoyment for my ears, I just lean back and fall, fall into the music.
And Gabe, I will miss your treble voice!
I've always liked this crystal clear voice and am so glad to have heard him live and to have long recordings with his voice.

One side remark about the piece itself: It is highly doubted that the composer is actually Giulio Caccini (1551 - 1618). More probable is an authorship by Vladimir Vavilov (1925 - 1973). Vavilov used to sign compositions with baroque composers' names. The reason is guessed to be his safety in a Communist system which didn't allow this kind of music, but obviously there exists also a quotation by his daughter saying that her father didn't believe that music under his own name (unknown, banal) would ever be published and so he credited any former composers. This "Ave Maria" was apparently published under "Anonymous" by himself and after he had died, someone ascribed it to Caccini. As far as I've seen it wasn't even intended to be an Ave Maria.*

I'm not entirely sure, but - also for some other reasons - I lean towards believing in Vavilov's authorship.

For those interested, here is one of the relevant links.
http://www.musicaantigua.com/el-engano-musical/

*[EDIT 01.11.2018: It was an Ave Maria from the beginning. I have found the original recording from 1970.]

In Paradisum (Robbins)
This song can move me to tears. I was lucky enough to witness the song as a Libera premiere in Ely this year and found it enthralling! I can't stand listening to the original for the cold voice of the singer, but Libera's version is amazing, full of emotion and beauty and it captivates me indeed. It is a beautifully orchestrated piece, sung by the choir with soft intensity and Rocco's voice and singing are beyond all doubt anyway! His voice is wonderful, his intonation has been admirably secure from his very beginning. I'm really pleased about having an extended solo by him now; the opportunity was very well used. :)

Well ... but still ... I confess that in my heart of hearts I wish we had a recording with Rocco singing Angele Dei, actually rather than In Paradisum. Not only because it's an original by Robert, whose compositions I love and value high, but Angele Dei is just unique music, while In Paradisum is pleasant, but rather conventional. Normally, I would supposedly lose interest after a while. However, for all I mentioned above, I find the Libera interpretation fabulous.

And they did give us another Rocco song with ...
Salve Regina
They didn't get away with the ridiculously tiny solo bit of the "Hope" version. Our lament was loud and honest and it's fine that Robert and we agree so nicely. :lol:
Although we know that Libera sometimes finishes a mere choir song with a short solo bit, I felt this approach a bit out of place in this piece. I'm glad about the change to a larger solo part. Now the song feels balanced to me.
At my first listen to the iTunes snippet released in advance, I somehow missed the warm choir sound I love so much in this piece, although I was immediately touched by the expression in Rocco's voice. But already my second listen had me fall in love with it and I came back to it constantly. Goosebumps by a snippet! :mrgreen:

I have always considered Salve Regina as radiating a particular calm, which gives the song its justified place in the Libera repertoire. The calm results from its quietly flowing music without a big increase and a big climax, reinforced by the warmth of the voices. While the only new in this song is changing the first part from choir-only into solo & choir and the rest, including the ending solo, was taken over from "Hope" (only discreetly shortened by a repetition), the song now appears in a brighter, clearer sound than before. But the warmth is still there, I've found it again. :) The singing mainly takes place in the lower registers, which I highly enjoy. It's really not all about the brilliance of high notes, which are of course wonderful and special, but don't ever miss the beauty of the lower ones! - So Salve Regina is very contrastive to the stirring In Paradisum, which brings out such intense emotions. I find it wise to place the latter one directly after In Paradisum on the CD, even though it's two songs with the same soloist, which I normally would prefer avoided.
I liked Salve Regina before, but with the extension of the solo and Rocco's shimmering voice, it has been beautified once more. :D

Sanctus
(In the following, I mark the three Sanctus versions with I, II, III to avoid misunderstandings)
I know that Sanctus obviously is a must-sing in Libera concerts and is considered more or less like their trade mark song, different from their other one, Libera, and I think labelling it like this is based upon combining the famous and popular (so people are satisfied to hear it) Pachelbel canon with the typical Libera sound. Yet, it has never become a favourite of mine and secretly I've wished the song to give way for another one. There were other opinions saying the same and it has been in the programme for so long ... so perhaps this was a reason for Robert to renew the song. It may be the common denominator for those who liked the former concert version and those who didn't.
It would have been sufficient for me to get Sanctus II in the concerts, as this setting is already more interesting than Sanctus I. Now there exists a 3rd version suddenly. And this one for me is the best. The choir sound is full and straight; a new part was added which gave room to add new lyrics as well. The result of working the piece over is diverse and cheerful - just fresh!
I've just looked up what I wrote about Sanctus II in my "Luminosa" review: "I am gladly prepared to warm to this Sanctus II now. It uses more melodies of the Pachelbel original and thus displays a wider variety. I also find it more delicate than the other one. I'd like to hear it without the drumset, which in my opinion is too 'heavy'". Now - here I am! Perfect. :D

Ave Maria (Prizeman)
Two Ave Maria on one CD that contains only 11 songs? Isn't it too much?
The answer is no, because they are entirely different from each other. The Vavilov one is composed in style of an aria. With its minimum of lyrics, the focus on the feeling couldn't be clearer. Its attitude is contemplative, descriptive. I would make the distinction "passive", while in Robert's Ave Maria is "active": Someone seems to have taken action in urgently praying for succour. I hear and feel the imploring in the piece, strengthened by the interval jumps from down upwards of its particularly beautiful melody. Listening to it, I always have its religious component in mind, while the Vavilov Ave Maria just evokes feeling ... and much of it, but detached from religion.

Well, yes, a recording of this favourite of mine with Merlin, whom I heard in Ely with it, was my dream. And I'm just so happy to have it now. To tell the truth, I don't consider his voice as one of the best, when it comes to the mere sound alone. But for me he is one of those who show their personality through their singing the most, and this counts a lot for me! It's very charming and I greatly enjoy Merlin singing.
My deepest wish had been a recording that would be capable of catching the silky choir sound Libera presented in Ely. It was definitely extraordinary and never before or in another song I heard them that way.
In my concert review I noted: "I am longing for a recording of that and I HOPE with all my heart that the CD recording of the song has reached this high level and intensely touching interpretation." And ...
... it has, it really has! I can't tell how happy that makes me. When I heard the "Beyond" version in full first yesterday, I was nothing less than enrapt! Silky, deep feeling, even passionate - somehow urging, but never obtrusive, still humble and honest. The song has actually been upgraded: It was gifted a haunting instrumental intro and was affectionately newly arranged, it also received a very touching new ending, all of which, as I believe, underlines the significance of the song for Robert.

I am intoxicated.

Lacrymosa
It's not easy for me to become friends with Lacrymosa. I like the instrumental original, "Aquarium" from "Carnival of the Animals" by Saint-Saëns, but a sung version still sounds strange to me. "Aquarium" is mysterious and correlating with the swaying fish swarms, this is perfectly set. But the sung version is separated from that original meaning and now it feels eerie to me, to a degree I can't bear very well. While I acknowledge that it is excellently sung and the typical Libera clarity of the voices works especially well in this song. I like the beginning best, that solo intro is really good. Alex's a bit breathy voice is the perfect one to contribute to the mysteriousness of the song and this does attract me, because the song in itself is "round". However, due to the overall mood it's no song I'd go to for its own sake.

Voca Me
New recording in full. It's the song that simply blew me away at my first Libera day. It had me sit like hypnotised in front of Youtube and not believing that they sing such a piece of music, taylor-made for me (and I know, not only for me). As I consider the "Free" version as 100 % perfect in every single regard - the piece itself, arrangement, choir sound, dynamic treatment, soloist's voice colours, their crystal clear sound, the special way of emphasising certain syllables in the "Lacrymosa" solos -, I knew that a new version would have a hard time with me. :lol: After Ely, I wrote that both versions can very well co-exist. And they can, as the new doesn't contain those awesome solo parts anymore, but has other very attractive highlights.
It's completely in Latin now and the melody of the verses was adapted to fit the rhythm of the Latin words right. Robert did a magic trick to, at one bit, prolong the melody by taking it from the former instrumental part, and at the other bit handing the previous melody over to the 2nd choir voice. Very well solved!
While Salve Regina was "de-softened" in sound, it's the opposite with Voca Me. The dissonances appear less sharp, the dramatic factor has been reduced in favour of a more floating sound. I like it a lot, it conveys a different mood. (And I'm aware that I didn't mention the America live version, but I just never listen to that one.)
The new Voca Meis very enjoyable and I will listen to both the "Free" and the "Beyond" version in the future for sure.

I love Voca Me, and this love is forever.

The Prayer
I know my opinion will not be popular now, but I don't like the song. To be very clear: It's only the song itself. I can't even say what it is exactly that disturbs me. The bad is: Now it hurts, because Libera is the best also here and Daniel's solo is incredible! As I already mentioned before, I admire his voice's maturity. When I close my eyes listening and then open them and see him, it still surprises me. Like other fans, I notice a similarity to Isaac's voice. It's very gentle, very pleasant, and he sings just so well! Daniel is young enough to have me confident that there will be more Daniel solos and then at songs I like. I do enjoy the beauty of Libera's sound when I listen to the song, but ...

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep
Oh, this song is so very much one of my number one songs of all time and the new version is mesmerising again!
And now that they - to my big joy - came back to the harp accompaniment, I'm certain now that the piano only serves as a replacement, when there's no possibility to have a harp. which just fits the song like no other instrument. - What a beautiful song this is! Every time I surrender to it directly during the first sung notes. The whole song showers me with goosebumps. Actually, this is also a result of the lyrics, but both lyrics and music are in entire accordance. I sure said it already somewhere else, but repeat it here: I can't imagine a more touching setting of these very lyrics! A stunning composition by Robert.
Gabe has a darker voice than Ben (whose version had been my favourite), which makes it different, somehow drier (not sure about the word), but he definitely conveys the tenderness the song needs. Very well done, Gabe! In the second voice an instrumental part is now sung by the choir and so it's even more heartfelt. And the bit "Of quiet birds in circling flight" is beyond words..
The end of Do Not Stand is amazing with the slowing down in tempo. It moves me more than the "Free" version (which I still just adore); in fact, I've only now become aware of it. :wink: The last sounds in all versions express hopeful confidence, by finishing a minor pitch song with a major harmony and upgoing notes of the enchanting harp.

Benedictus Deus
I'm just listening to it. It retains its awe feeling for me each and every time I hear it. Another song from "Hope", where only a part was modified by the exchange of the soloist. It's highly welcome to have Leo not only with vocalises, but with a full solo. Anyway, it's still a question why it had to be exactly this song after Thomas DL's brilliant performance with a comparably short time for savouring the unsplit credits. Perhaps we'll never know.
And there is something else that makes me wonder: The "Gloria in excelsis part" at 1:59 has always sounded to me like a solo melody, by Thomas of course. But this part is not new now either. So am I wrong in assuming that it's solo? Or was it just not replaced by Leo? And if so, why?
By the way, this Gloria part practically feels like a magnet to me, quite a unique sensation. :mrgreen:
In general, I'm fine that, if Benedictus Deus had to be on "Beyond" again, they kept the first recording, this sparkling sound of the voices just can't be repeated in this way.
At the beginning I like Thomas's brightly shining voice better, but then at the "Benedictum nomen" (1:28) Leo softens what I, as I confess, have felt as a bit too hard and wished that Thomas's voice had been embedded more in the instrumental accompaniment. It's not his fault, I had only the feeling of a gap between voice in the height and the orchestra below. And this is gone now in the new solo recording. I very much appreciate that. Well, and this is all I say about this song, which is and will remain the one which is best described by one word: Magnificent!

Mother of God
It was taken over from the album "Eternal" (2008), only worked upon in sound, and is one of "Eternal"'s few songs which had not appeared on another international Libera CD. By including it on "Beyond", furthermore taking in mind that there are only 11 songs, it has gained value. I often had the feeling that it lives more in the sidelines. Now it is here once more, and I'm very pleased about that. I love this quiet song, interpreted with care, making me totally believe its lyrics which express so much modesty. It is a very introverted song. The sound is filigree and very balanced.I heard versions by other choirs, but Libera's reaches into my heart like no other.
Technically, I like the unusual way the melody processes.
It's the only a cappella piece of the album and represents one end of the stylistic range, while I can't decide which one would be the other: In Paradisum? The Prayer? Benedictus Deus? :wink:

And so we wake up from the stillness of the beautiful Mother of God.

Quintessence, or: Review in a nutshell: :wink:

Top favourite:
Ave Maria (Robert)
Voca Me

Further favourites (just alphabetical order):
Ave Maria (Vavilov (Caccini))
Benedictus Deus
Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep
In Paradisum
Mother of God
Salve Regina

Very fine:
Sanctus

Less:
Lacrymosa
The Prayer

"Beyond" is a huge enjoyment. I was a bit afraid before, because I found it too early for a whole new album and because I was unsure what to think about taking existing recordings and mixing new solos in there. But I feel very good now.
Congratulations to Libera and all who participated in this album to another masterly result with plenty of highlights! :D :) :D
Last edited by filiarheni on Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni, what have you done? Your review is so amazing, so detailed, and so full of personal and musical annotations that I had to read it twice (then certain parts yet again) to really take it all in while re-listening to many of the songs so as to hear them through your ears!

The Prizeman "Ave Maria" is your favorite? It may be the best recording of that song that they have done in terms of sound quality and harmonies and all that.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:53 pm">5 years ago</span>

:shock: Oh ... no ... That was exactly my fear which I didn't want to write down. The idea that Gabe sings with himself is not pleasant to me. Hopefully, it's Leo, even though not credited.
Listened again through headphones and I'm now convinced it is just Gabe's voice and at least three different parts layered together.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:20 am">5 years ago</span> filiarheni, what have you done? Your review is so amazing, so detailed, and so full of personal and musical annotations that I had to read it twice (then certain parts yet again) to really take it all in while re-listening to many of the songs so as to hear them through your ears!
Aw ... :oops: :) Thank you so much for your very friendly words, Surpinto, and for taking so much of your time for it. It's good to have a place with this forum to share thoughts and feelings, as sometimes we just have to let them out (at least it's the case with me). And it makes me honestly happy that I may have been able to give something.

So now that I posted my review, I've allowed myself to read yours. :lol: I greatly enjoyed it, and again I wish I was a native speaker, because your words are just so accurate and clear in their meaning. This is NO fishing for compliments, I really mean it; could I only express myself that precisely! I also went, just like you, after the parts of the songs you highlighted in particular and where you described your perceptions in detail. I love that, it's always the most exciting for me in other fans' reviews. :D

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:33 am">5 years ago</span> Lacrymosa is possibly the biggest surprise. Not one of the songs I listened to often it was just OK to my taste but this version has something extra.
Yes, I agree. Although not among favourites of mine, this certainly is the most welcome of the three existing versions also for me.

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:13 am">5 years ago</span> Listened again through headphones and I'm now convinced it is just Gabe's voice and at least three different parts layered together.
We speak about the "of quiet birds" bit, right? Do you mean three soloists or three parts? I hear two solo voices and the choir's oo's.
Why have someone dueting with him-/herself? I know that in the studio many things are worked into a piece that live are not doable. But I wouldn't go as far as having solos being sung in a way that it's completely off every possibility to have it the same way live. In any case, I prefer two different voices that, yes, fit together in an ideal way, but keep their individual colour shining through. Bringing this together is what I consider as attractive, a little bit of friction which is the salt in the soup.
And finally ... It's just a much nicer thought to have it natural: that two persons make music together and not only one, by technical help, with him-/herself.

justin wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:54 am">5 years ago</span> I think among all of the current soloists, I like Rocco's vocals the most. He may not have the highest range (I think Leo does, correct me if I'm wrong), but his voice is sweet, powerful and mature.
Same here, I like Rocco's voice best. Regarding "Beyond", Rocco and Gabe are my favourite soloists.
Libera Snow

Post by Libera Snow »

At first I would like to apologize for my absence.
I still join the concert or listen to Libera.
Finally I started Twitter,too.

Thank you very much for sharing many reviews about Beyond.
I am also happy that Libera produced new album again and soon.
I think many people buy this album. It’s also my wish.

Title “Beyond” means going forward,future,far away....I wonder why they named Beyond.
Especially "In Paradisum" is excellent.
I didn’t know Ben Robbins until last night-I listened to Beyond last night 10/14.
In Sep 2007 Ben Robbins won Classic FM's Composer competition with In Paradisum performed by Soprano Fiona Jessica Wilson.By the way,I also downloaded Classic FM last week and I really enjoy listening.
Fiona's voice was very beautiful.

Over all I feel the tone of this album is softer,sweet or delightful,and it remind me Libera’s older albums.

Honestly I don’t feel this album is NEW or latest so much.Then a question came up in my mind. Why they created this album. I don’t know any reasons except one of my kindly Libera fans mentioned something through Libera Dream. Maybe it’s true.
If it’s the case,I wanted Song of life,Nearer my god to thee or Eternal light! It’s my selfishly desire.
I also learned some songs are basic versions better.

I really like In Paradisum. Rocco sang very carefully and an accurate pitch. I saw he tuned himself when he sang at the concert. His voice makes this song more mysterious. Rocco sings in the same version as Fiona sang and I like Rocco. Because of his voice is my taste.I still like TLD and Alressandro.

Now I know “Hope” is unusual album as Libera. Hope is more modern style. I like Hope because it’s easily listening for me.

it’s good as Libera makes various kinds of albums.
I wonder Libera will make new Christmas album again.......

Finally Libera created a special song for their Japan tour.
"For the future" is just a name of Beyond.
Libera always sing America The Beautiful in US and they show their gratitude for the audiences through special songs over the world.

I admire Roberts Prizeman's feat all the time. Libera won’t be excellent performed if he wasn’t here.

It’s just my selfish impression.
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Anyone knows who the 2 soloists are for the new song in the Japanese version of Beyond? I really hope the full version comes out soon!!!

I'm guessing Oliver Watt-Rodriguez and Cassius Collard? I'm not sure as not familiar with the newer boys in Libera after Isaac's batch.
james010101

Post by james010101 »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:14 am">5 years ago</span> Anyone knows who the 2 soloists are for the new song in the Japanese version of Beyond? I really hope the full version comes out soon!!!

I'm guessing Oliver Watt-Rodriguez and Cassius Collard? I'm not sure as not familiar with the newer boys in Libera after Isaac's batch.
You're correct with Oliver WR, but the other boy is Daniel White :) There are other soloists as well, you'll know when the full video is released :D
aoba

Post by aoba »

The digital music of a Japanese special track ‘For the Future’ is now available. :D

iTunes Store
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

aoba wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:47 pm">5 years ago</span> The digital music of a Japanese special track ‘For the Future’ is now available. :D

iTunes Store
Any idea if the full MV will be released? No indication of who the soloists are though..
aoba

Post by aoba »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:56 am">5 years ago</span>
aoba wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:47 pm">5 years ago</span> The digital music of a Japanese special track ‘For the Future’ is now available. :D
Any idea if the full MV will be released? No indication of who the soloists are though..
I watched the full MV at the CD shop in Japan. (my tweet)

Soloists of ‘For the Future’ are... (Until the full MV is released on the web, I will keep the setting on spoiler messege.)
- Oliver Watt-Rodriguez, Daniel White, Koji Shinokubo, Oliver Mycka.

<The each language part>
- Italian: Mathias Montro,
- Spanish: Oliver Watt-Rodriguez
- Polish: Oliver Mycka
- French: Victor Wiggin
Last edited by aoba on Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.