Hi from the U.S.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

feinstei

Hi from the U.S.

Post by feinstei »

Hi,
I became a Libera fan because I was a fanatical fan of controversial "new-age" comedian Kevin Day who is quite famous over in Great Britain. Through my fandom, I discovered that his son Ed Day (now a rising young comedian going by the stage name "Ed Night") was in a boys choir called Libera.

Since I sang in a Israeli boys choir during the 1970s that made record albums and concert appearances in Israel and Europe (you can hear my "brilliant" solo singing from our top selling Israeli album here: God... we were awful and so was that 70's style music!!!), I became interested in Libera/St. Phillips and proceeded to collect all of their records and videos (I'm a fanatic record/CD collector and completist.. once I have one record from a particular artist, I fanatically buy all of their records) and became quite a follower of the group.

My interest in Libera is not so much with the beauty of their singing (my experiences in that Israeli boys choir kind of turned me off to that) but rather with the "evangelization" of modern day listeners to the rich liturgical heritage of Latin and English liturgical music that is unfortunately being lost due to the ignorance of modern society for the classical liturgy and hymnody. I feel that Mr. Prizeman is doing the Church (Anglican/Traditional Catholic/Orthodox) a great service by popularizing this type of liturgical music in a way that is palatable to mass audiences. I pray for his success in this task....

I also now have the privilege of being a major donor to the Libera organization here in the US. I hope that others in this forum will consider doing the same....
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Hi from the U.S.

Post by Surpinto »

Hello and welcome! Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself and your very unique background as a chorister in that choir. Very retro :wink:.

I too have been brought into the liturgical music of the various Christian traditions (Anglican, Catholic, etc) through my initial introduction to Libera. I had a strong interest in classical music prior but not much with regards to choral music. But it was Libera that caused me to explore so many different types of music I had never before considered.

Glad you are a donor to Libera of the US! I also support them and encourage others to do the same. Please stick around, would love to hear more from you concerning their music, audiophile stuff, or whatever else you would want to contribute.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I never knew about Ed Day's dad. I'm glad to hear he's having some success on the stage.
It's thrilling to hear them sings hymns and songs I've loved since I was their age.
Joshua Wake

Post by Joshua Wake »

WELCOME!!!!!!! May Libera harmonies and melodies continue to inspire you!!! :)
Joshua Wake

Post by Joshua Wake »

Hello!!! Looking forward to knowing you, have a moment of Brilliance!!!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hi Feinstei

sorry for the delay in my reply, I read your post when I was down in Ely but didn't get chance to respond at the time. Your exposure to singing was....interesting :shock: I wouldn't say Kevin was well known in the UK to be honest but lets hope Ed does achieve that accolade :D

Anyway, here is my traditional British welcome to new members (sorry for the poor quality but it seems that my go to clip has been purged from YouTube:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
feinstei

Post by feinstei »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Fri May 25, 2018 9:36 pm">6 years ago</span> Hi Feinstei

sorry for the delay in my reply, I read your post when I was down in Ely but didn't get chance to respond at the time. You exposure to singing was....interesting :shock: I wouldn't say Kevin was well known in the UK to be honest but lets hope Ed does achieve that accolade :D

Anyway, here is my traditional british welcome to new members (sorry for the poor quality but it seem that my go to clip has been purged from YouTube:

Mark Lester's singing voice was dubbed by a woman in that movie. He was one of Michael Jackson's defenders against the charges of pedophilia and was suspected of being the actual genetic father of Michael Jackson's children. He's now a well-known osteopath in England. BTW: A British "osteopath" is similar to an American "chiropractor" except that an "osteopath" quite often will use acupuncture. In America, osteopaths are fully-licensed physicians that can do surgery etc. In Britain, I don't believe that they undergo the same licensing or training as physicians.