Photo book "A Libera Year"

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

PaulWSpaceRockDodger

Photo book "A Libera Year"

Post by PaulWSpaceRockDodger »

I was pleased to receive today a copy of the 128-page photo book "A Libera Year" that I purchased from Libera's online shop. Wonderful photos for Libera families, friends and fans! If the choir produces another book next year, I hope that they will add some captions and/or more detailed written commentaries. Another, more ambitious project that they might wish to consider is a photo album showing the history of Libera, with selected photos from every year that the choir has been performing. On second thought, perhaps they need to do a two-volume album! With all the online technology that is now available for editing books and albums, everything is possible!
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Re: Photo book "A Libera Year"

Post by ludwig1874 »

Some pictures of this book would be nice here! :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

ludwig1874 wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:52 am">6 years ago</span> Some pictures of this book would be nice here! :D
Sure thing. Many of the photos in the book have been posted in the official Libera galleries. Apologies for the not so high quality of the photographs below, but these were originally posted on my Instagram (deleted the originals) and that particular app tends to downgrade the quality somewhat.

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

This post made me wonder how many libera photo books exist.
There are quite a bit now, I can think of 6 of them :)
Perhaps I forget some ?
  • The first one I know is the Japanese 'Visions', issued in 2000.
    It can be still found as second hand, on ebay, or on Amazon Japan.
    I recently saw one being sold for just 800 Yens ($7.50) on a Japanese flea market :wink:

• The 'Libera in Japan 2005-2007', issued in Japan in 2008.
    There are only 1000 copies of it, they are quite rare.
    In 8 years I only saw 3 of them to appear on auctions or flea market sites.

• The 'Libera, The Experience', issued in 2014 in the USA, In Washington.

• The 'Libera Photo Book', issued in late 2015 in Japan (the big one with the blue hard cover and young Oliver on it)
    It can still be bought easily as brand new on many sites.

• The 'Libera in Japan 2016 January', released in Japan in mid 2016.
    It is a tiny one but technically it is a photo book, even if it has only 8 pages.
    There are only 100 copies of it. I never saw any of them on resell sites.

• The 'A libera Year' ,released in UK in 2017, still available from the libera shop on the official site.
I have one more in mind, the 4 pages folded micro photo book released in the special edition of the 'Angel' CD, sold exclusively at the USJ park in Osaka in December 2015. But the 'photo book' appellation does not apply well quite here.

Also, I can count about 4 different calendars, but possibly there are others.
  • Year 2015 - released in Summer 2014 in the USA
  • Year 2016 - released in Japan in late 2015, extremely rare, only 10 copies of it exist.
    They were given by draw at a concert in Tokyo.
  • Year 2017 - released in UK in late 2016
  • Year 2018 - released in UK in late 2017.

Can you think of any other photo book or calendar ?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Clearly I have lost track of how many photo books there have been :shock:. I purchased one or two prior to the current one but each one then got given away as a gift to other Libera fans. It's a nice way for Libera and its affiliated partners to finance their tours and other activities.

Thank you for cataloging all of the photo books past and present. As always I am impressed by your diligence. :D