Ben Crawley - Snow Queen

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Ben Crawley - Snow Queen

Post by maartendas »

Tonight I watched the DVD of "The Snow Queen" which in the back of my mind had a connection to boys choirs but I couldn't remember what the connection was until I read the credits and saw that Ben Crawley was the boy soloist for the songs in the film. I searched the Forum but there was no specific topic about this so I started one :)

"The Snow Queen" (a BBC production from 2005) is based on the fairytale by Andersen and tells the story of orphan boy Kay being taken to the palace of the evil Snow Queen. His friend Gerda then sets out on a perilous journey to save him. Throughout the movie adaptation there is some wonderful orchestral and choral music with solo parts, written by Paul K. Joyce, including a piece which uses the lyrics of "Do Not Stand".
In this particular scene the boy's sled is found in the river and seen as a sign that he has drowned.

The film itself, which lasts just under an hour, is true to the atmosphere of all good fairy-tales and recommended for those of any age who are keen to get a little enchanted.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Joshua Wake

Re: Ben Crawley - Snow Queen

Post by Joshua Wake »

That's really interesting!! Cool!