Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

How Can I Keep From Singing

Post by carina_gino20 »

slideshow video from Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gqxHnlawPI

I thought this qualifies as News as well. :lol: Josh's voice is lovely! As is the rest of Libera!

Thanks PiusPatronus!
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

With having to use dialup, it takes too long to dl a vid from youtube for watching.
Is this version of How Can I Keep From Singing based on the hymn or on Enya's song of the same name from her cd Shepherd Moons?
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Libera_me

Beautiful

Post by Libera_me »

That was a beautiful video! The tears come faster than i every thought they would! Tom and Josh are growing up, my favorite soloists! I'll miss them when they leave libera, but I wish them the best in what ever they choose.
Last edited by Libera_me on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

It's similar to the one where Liam O'Kane does the solo, but Josh starts off in a lower octave, I think. They also changed some of the lyrics.

This is the lyrics to this version:

My life flows on in endless song
Above earth's lamentation.
I hear the real though far-off hymn
That hails a new creation.

No storm can shake my inmost calm
While to that rock I'm clinging
Since love is lord of heaven and earth
How can I keep from singing?

I lift my eyes, the cloud grows thin;
I see the blue above it;
And day by day this pathway smoothes,
Since first I learned to love it.

The peace of Christ makes fresh my heart,
A fountain ever springing;
All things are mine since I am his,

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Does annybody have mother of god?
Libera_me

Mother of God

Post by Libera_me »

You can buy it on the Eternal:Best of Libera Cd that can be imported from england since it is only out there or you could get it over itunes or somewhere else.
dani
Diamond Member

Re: Mother of God

Post by dani »

Libera_me wrote:You can buy it on the Eternal:Best of Libera Cd that can be imported from england since it is only out there or you could get it over itunes or somewhere else.
I just wanted to hear it on Youtube. I am not buying the album at the moment as i think its quite expensive for 2 new tracks. I have all the other songs from other albms.
dillonryan

Post by dillonryan »

Oh my gosh, I saw this the other day and immediately started tearing up. I don't know, maybe it's just these stupid teenage hormones :evil: , anyways, very beautiful. Excellent solo by Josh.
PiusPatronus

Post by PiusPatronus »

dillonryan wrote:Oh my gosh, I saw this the other day and immediately started tearing up. I don't know, maybe it's just these stupid teenage hormones :evil: , anyways, very beautiful. Excellent solo by Josh.
Nah, its pure musical beauty at its best :D
I was :roll:
Quote from the movie Copying Beethoven
"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God, who sing his praise. That's what musicians are. "
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

PiusPatronus wrote: Nah, its pure musical beauty at its best :D
I was :roll:
Hey Pius, not to take away anything from the video, but why is there a short pause around the 1:15 mark?

And can you upload Mother of God and Heaven, too? :lol:

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:I just wanted to hear it on Youtube. I am not buying the album at the moment as i think its quite expensive for 2 new tracks. I have all the other songs from other albms.
Amazon and Itunes are selling single track downloads for 79p - worth a forfeit of a packet of chewing gum or a can of pop from the week's pocket money.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
dani wrote:I just wanted to hear it on Youtube. I am not buying the album at the moment as i think its quite expensive for 2 new tracks. I have all the other songs from other albms.
Amazon and Itunes are selling single track downloads for 79p - worth a forfeit of a packet of chewing gum or a can of pop from the week's pocket money.
Thanks for the info il loom on uitunes now
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Post by illuminaperpetua »

TEB wrote:With having to use dialup, it takes too long to dl a vid from youtube for watching.
Is this version of How Can I Keep From Singing based on the hymn or on Enya's song of the same name from her cd Shepherd Moons?
Finally someone who understands! I have dial up too and every time I try to watch a video it takes a half hour...or longer!! :cry: I sent a video to my friend Kaitlyn while I was still trying to watch it and I got an email back a few moments later saying, "That was good, I'm going to watch it again" and I'd already been there a long time and still hadn't finished it! So I usually just watch about 30 sec. and then favourite the video! :lol: ...which didn't really work when I was making screencaps....
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Post by illuminaperpetua »

carina_gino20 wrote:It's similar to the one where Liam O'Kane does the solo, but Josh starts off in a lower octave, I think. They also changed some of the lyrics.

This is the lyrics to this version:

My life flows on in endless song
Above earth's lamentation.
I hear the real though far-off hymn
That hails a new creation.

No storm can shake my inmost calm
While to that rock I'm clinging
Since love is lord of heaven and earth

I lift my eyes, the cloud grows thin;
I see the blue above it;
And day by day this pathway smoothes,
Since first I learned to love it.

The peace of Christ makes fresh my heart,
A fountain ever springing;
All things are mine since I am his,
...I don't get it...the song says "and day by day this pathway smoothes, since first I learned to love it" but my experience is that it gets rougher not smoother! I may not have lived long but I can tell you it doesn't get better! it can only get worse...just look at my mother!
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I really love this song, Josh really brings out the emotions in the song. It's slightly different with the song Libera sang years ago, and I liked the new one better. I'm really amazed with Mr. RP's arragements to the songs. I always liked the style Libera sings, - new age, less of the traditional classical kind, more to the unique style. Ha. Mr. RP is creating a new genre of music, something that is so different from the rest.