Libera Concert in China (2017)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Libera Concert in China (2017)

Post by Surpinto »

China Blog part 2 has been posted!

Maybe I missed it from the reviews about the China tour, but I had not realized that seven of the boys had not sung at one of the concerts - and almost all soloists? :shock: That must have been tough to cover for.

I get the impression that some of the unique elements of this tour made it all the more enjoyable for the choristers. The blog post was well written and witty as always. Certainly it was a whirlwind tour!

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes, there were a bit of changes at the 2nd concert.
If I'm correct, Far Away and What a Wonderful World were not sung, and a few other songs had a soloist changes, like Rocco alone on 'Libera' and being soloist on Wayfaring Stranger.
These little changes were possible to notice only by the returning fans, the concert went smoothly and normal for the attendance :)
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:35 am">6 years ago</span> Yes, there were a bit of changes at the 2nd concert.
If I'm correct, Far Away and What a Wonderful World were not sung, and a few other songs had a soloist changes, like Rocco alone on 'Libera' and being soloist on Wayfaring Stranger.
These little changes were possible to notice only by the returning fans, the concert went smoothly and normal for the attendance :)
I remember that it was 'Smile' instead of 'What a Wonderful World' (together with 'Far Away') that was not sung on the 25th - 'What a Wonderful World' was there, but some parts which are meant for solo were sung by the whole choir. :)

The issue on the Oct 25th was tragic, now that I know the cause of it (and I do feel hurt reading them "lying on the floor in the changing room"). However, it (again) proved that Libera is full of professionalism. As Patrick said, I don't think anybody noticed anything at all. Also, an applause for Ciaran for having successfully managed the lower part (all by himself) on that day. 8)
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*