'Synesthesia' & 'Imagination' in music

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

andmar
Silver Member

Re: 'Synesthesia' & 'Imagination' in music

Post by andmar »

It still amazes me, that some people can experience music not only with ears but also with other senses. So, I'm very curious @filiarheni, what you can "see" when listening to the songs from the "Luminosa" album, which you just got to know a couple of weeks ago.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

An inspiring TEDtalk which deals partly with experiencing music not only with the ears but with your whole being:

You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Joshua Wake

Post by Joshua Wake »

Just wanted to share what it is in my Libera Heart, I want to know all of you guys...that will take a while! ;'D But I do....I just want to share my heart with you now, Love it...Hate It...I want to hear want you think! ....Have a moment of Brilliance now YOU... ;'D
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Brilliant. Love it.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Joshua Wake wrote: <span title="Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:33 am">6 years ago</span>

Just wanted to share what it is in my Libera Heart, I want to know all of you guys...that will take a while! ;'D But I do....I just want to share my heart with you now, Love it...Hate It...I want to hear want you think! ....Have a moment of Brilliance now YOU... ;'D
That is excellent, really interesting to see those notes being played on the piano for a musical dunce like me. I liked your intro too.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Really nice and well done :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:57 pm">6 years ago</span> An inspiring TEDtalk which deals partly with experiencing music not only with the ears but with your whole being:

The link doesn't work here, unfortunately. The website opens, but the recording doesn't start. Is there another way to access it?
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:04 am">6 years ago</span> The link doesn't work here, unfortunately. The website opens, but the recording doesn't start. Is there another way to access it?
Mine does not work also, but here's the trick: click on 'share' & it will offer you a download as well, you may also choose to include subtitles. :)
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Love it. Thanks for sharing.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:04 am">6 years ago</span>
maartendas wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:57 pm">6 years ago</span> An inspiring TEDtalk which deals partly with experiencing music not only with the ears but with your whole being:

The link doesn't work here, unfortunately. The website opens, but the recording doesn't start. Is there another way to access it?
It's also on Youtube:
Joshua Wake

Post by Joshua Wake »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:19 pm">6 years ago</span>

That is excellent, really interesting to see those notes being played on the piano for a musical dunce like me. I liked your intro too.
Thank you so much for the kind words!!! Libera melodies are a huge inspiration in my musical endeavors!! Really glad to share a moment of Libera with you!!! Stay Awesome!!! :)
Joshua Wake

Post by Joshua Wake »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:10 pm">6 years ago</span> Really nice and well done :D
Not sure if your amazing words were directed towards my post, but if were or not...anyways So Cool!!! Stay Brilliant you!!! :)
Goerberg

Post by Goerberg »

I'm digging this a lot, Joshua! I want to get there one day...
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

andmar wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:08 pm">6 years ago</span> It still amazes me, that some people can experience music not only with ears but also with other senses. So, I'm very curious @filiarheni, what you can "see" when listening to the songs from the "Luminosa" album, which you just got to know a couple of weeks ago.
So as your question is about to celebrate anniversary one of these days, I probably should finally write some reply. :shock: I'm very sorry that it fell from my radar! :oops:

I'm not quite sure if you expect a description of the pictures for each "Luminosa" song; anyway, it would be too much and go too far, as actually, as said before, there are mostly no concrete pictures, only here and there, but rather forms and colours. Therefore, I just reply for the album as a whole, because in fact, "Luminosa" can be distinguished quite clearly from the others, just as "Hope", which is interesting even for myself.

When I think of the "Luminosa" CD, it appears as pastel-yellow coloured, three-dimensional form of the songs as a lists. The forms of each song are outlined very clearly, and they are shining and transparent, like receiving sun beams. And this is exactly as I feel the musical character of the whole CD.
I can't really describe it for "Hope", which is, beside "Luminosa", the most coherent of Libera's CDs (leaving out the Christmas albums) in my opinion. But what I see then, is much more diffuse. I can only say it mirrors the broad arrangements, the symphonic aspect. And when I think of "Free" I mainly see the forms I also see when I think of Ben Crawley's voice.

Well ... it probably sounds quite strange, all this stuff, as it's so hard to put words, but I just always listen with my eyes. :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:25 pm">5 years ago</span>
andmar wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:08 pm">6 years ago</span> It still amazes me, that some people can experience music not only with ears but also with other senses. So, I'm very curious @filiarheni, what you can "see" when listening to the songs from the "Luminosa" album, which you just got to know a couple of weeks ago.
So as your question is about to celebrate anniversary one of these days, I probably should finally write some reply. :shock: I'm very sorry that it fell from my radar! :oops:

I'm not quite sure if you expect a description of the pictures for each "Luminosa" song; anyway, it would be too much and go too far, as actually, as said before, there are mostly no concrete pictures, only here and there, but rather forms and colours. Therefore, I just reply for the album as a whole, because in fact, "Luminosa" can be distinguished quite clearly from the others, just as "Hope", which is interesting even for myself.

When I think of the "Luminosa" CD, it appears as pastel-yellow coloured, three-dimensional form of the songs as a lists. The forms of each song are outlined very clearly, and they are shining and transparent, like receiving sun beams. And this is exactly as I feel the musical character of the whole CD.
I can't really describe it for "Hope", which is, beside "Luminosa", the most coherent of Libera's CDs (leaving out the Christmas albums) in my opinion. But what I see then, is much more diffuse. I can only say it mirrors the broad arrangements, the symphonic aspect. And when I think of "Free" I mainly see the forms I also see when I think of Ben Crawley's voice.

Well ... it probably sounds quite strange, all this stuff, as it's so hard to put words, but I just always listen with my eyes. :wink:
Thank you for your reply. I was just wondering, if I should wait another year with my reply, but then I decided not to do so. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was reading your words again and again and I was trying to imagine what you experience or "see" while listening to the music. Unfortunately, I still can't feel, how that experience could be. I think, it's like trying to explain colours to someone who is blind. :( :( :( Anyway, thank you for your effort. I still think, synaesthetic people like you are capable of experiencing music in more dimensions than people "only" hearing it. Though, this is probably as natural for you as just hearing and not seeing anything for me.