Ed Day sketch

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Ed Day sketch

Post by carina_gino20 »

I was listening to their songs while drawing this. :D

For a bigger version: http://www.flickr.com/photos/72865724@N00/3067262205/
barlies04
Silver Member

Post by barlies04 »

hiya the drawing of Ed is great well done
Monlitz

Post by Monlitz »

OMGOSHH :D i love the drawing

:o :o :o

xD ♥♥ ..
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Gracious, you are talented! Awesome work!
How long does it take you to finish a drawing like this one?
PiusPatronus

Post by PiusPatronus »

First Josh, then Tom, then the Ambigiam and now this!!

Amazing works carina!! :D
Keep up the good work!
Quote from the movie Copying Beethoven
"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God, who sing his praise. That's what musicians are. "
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Weel done, Carina!! :) It's Ed, no doubts :D

You must send these pics to Liberians I think. Pretty good. :roll:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Thanks everyone for the comments. :D

Quinnsome, it depends. Sometimes I can take very long, especially when I'm not satisfied with the eyes. This one took me around one hour. I think I took longer sketching Josh and Tom.

Narnian, I sent smaller copies of the sketches of Josh and Tom, but not this one. I only finished it yesterday, and I'd already mailed in the card. Maybe next time. :wink:
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

An hour!? *gapes* I could spend an entire day on a picture and it would still look like a demented swine, especially compared with yours...
I love to draw, but I wish that I had your talent. You're quite good, I must say. :wink:
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

carina_gino20 wrote:

Narnian, I sent smaller copies of the sketches of Josh and Tom, but not this one. I only finished it yesterday, and I'd already mailed in the card. Maybe next time. :wink:
Ok, Carina! Josh and Tom will be happy I think so. New special drawings in their bedrooms will make better every rainy day :)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Quinnsome wrote:An hour!? *gapes* I could spend an entire day on a picture and it would still look like a demented swine, especially compared with yours...
I love to draw, but I wish that I had your talent. You're quite good, I must say. :wink:
haha. Well, an hour is just a ballpark figure. Sometimes I can take much longer, especially if I'm not satisfied with the eyes....or the lips....or...

And sometimes, when I get frustrated because I know there's something wrong with a sketch and I can't figure out what it is, I'll leave it for the next day. Just keep on drawing. Practice makes you better. :D
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

carina_gino20 wrote:And sometimes, when I get frustrated because I know there's something wrong with a sketch and I can't figure out what it is, I'll leave it for the next day.
Yes, I've learned to do this, too. Also, I'll ask other people their opinions on how it looks and what they think I could improve about it. It really helps, especially when they are honest. :wink:

I like to draw people, but my drawing style is not very realistic. The most frustrating thing about it, though, is that I have no idea what the drawing is going to be until I begin to sketch it. If I have a certain idea in mind of what I want to draw, the sketch will turn into something totally different. It's rather strange...

I'm very picky about everything, so I'm almost never satisfied with my drawings, which is why most of them never get finished. I wish I had more time to practice, but my schedule is pretty blasted busy, especially during this time of year...
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Quinnsome wrote: Yes, I've learned to do this, too. Also, I'll ask other people their opinions on how it looks and what they think I could improve about it. It really helps, especially when they are honest. :wink:

I like to draw people, but my drawing style is not very realistic. The most frustrating thing about it, though, is that I have no idea what the drawing is going to be until I begin to sketch it. If I have a certain idea in mind of what I want to draw, the sketch will turn into something totally different. It's rather strange...

I'm very picky about everything, so I'm almost never satisfied with my drawings, which is why most of them never get finished. I wish I had more time to practice, but my schedule is pretty blasted busy, especially during this time of year...
I rarely draw live subjects...as in, I just copy from photos. It's hard for me to get the details down. And I also don't like drawing from memory, because my memory is very bad. :lol:

Like you, sometimes I have something in mind, but what comes out is totally different, and usually rather ugly.haha.

For me, I'm most particular with the eyes. I HAVE to get those down. And I used to not like drawing photos that show teeth, but now it's okay.haha.
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

carina_gino20 wrote:I rarely draw live subjects...as in, I just copy from photos. It's hard for me to get the details down. And I also don't like drawing from memory, because my memory is very bad. :lol:

Like you, sometimes I have something in mind, but what comes out is totally different, and usually rather ugly.haha.

For me, I'm most particular with the eyes. I HAVE to get those down. And I used to not like drawing photos that show teeth, but now it's okay.haha.
What I draw usually comes from my imagination, which is normally why the people I draw are so disproportioned. Usually their heads are far too big. :lol:

When I try to draw eyes, they never turn out right. The usual problem is that they look too dissimilar. I don't really do portraits, so I draw people's faces pretty small... Sometimes I like it, because I can do more with less, if you know what I mean, but sometimes it makes it very difficult to get in the details that I want.

Of course, I'm such a perfectionist that I don't like anything I draw very much. I'm not as accomplished as you are, of course. Your stuff is awesome. :D
Candid
Silver Member

Post by Candid »

NICE!, If I could draw a libera member it would be josh.
krishna mie
Silver Member

Post by krishna mie »

edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!! edward day!!!

whoopie thanks carina!!! great draw!!!

OT: are you in the Phil right now? i talked with aldwin by the way and he was curious if you were home :D
if you want to know about virtue, look for a virtuous man!!!