Today, this is how i feel

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

Must be the global warming. We used to have a dry and wet season. It's supposed to be summer till June... and it started raining this week. :p
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

This was yesterday, but I went to see Peter Gabriel perform at the Hollywood Bowl. He is still amazing after all these years. His performances were backed by an orchestra called the "New Blood Orchestra" and it was interesting nonetheless, although the first half of the concert had a slow tempo.
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

I just wanted to share... we took my mom home today from the hospital. That's after 61 days, 3 hospitals and 4 sick family members.

Still, it's going to be a long road to recovery but we're very optimisitc about it. :)
DrewE
Silver Member

Post by DrewE »

Nikki178 wrote:I just wanted to share... we took my mom home today from the hospital. That's after 61 days, 3 hospitals and 4 sick family members.

Still, it's going to be a long road to recovery but we're very optimisitc about it. :)
That's great news! I'm so glad to hear her condition is improving.

In the US, at least, today (the second Sunday in May) is Mother's Day, dedicated to honoring mothers and motherhood in general. It sounds like you celebrated quite appropriately, too, whether intentionally or not.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Nikki178 wrote:I just wanted to share... we took my mom home today from the hospital. That's after 61 days, 3 hospitals and 4 sick family members.

Good to know it. A fellow Libera fan (I went with her and other friends to the Cebu concert last year) is currently somewhat in a similar situation as you are or were. Her mother has been in coma for over a week now. Somehow, your story gives me hope that my friend's mother will be all right just like yours. Please include her and her mother in your prayers. If it helps in saying a prayer, my friend's name is Anna.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!! I'm so glad things are looking better and better each day! My mood was a bit down today until I saw your post! I'm sure things will continue to imporve as they have been doing!
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

@DrewE : We also celebrated Mother's Day on May 9th, the day we brought my mom home. That was the best Mother's Day ever! My siblings and I have our mom back home with us. Also, my mom got to see our pet pug whom she treats as her fourth child. She was so emotional when we brought our pug in her room.

@phlibera : Will do. As it is we're lucky she'a alive. We learned that most ruptured aneurysm cases are fatal. My mom surviving is nothing short of a miracle. She didn't wake for about four weeks. Tell Anna to have faith. I've never been a religious person and I found myself praying every night in the hospital's chapel when this happened to my mom.

@irishoreo : Thanks. :) I hope she cooperates with her therapist. She still cannot stand or sit on her own so she'll be doing her therapy at home for the moment.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Excellent! Keep us updated on her progress! :D
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Sad day for any UCLA people

Post by lacrymosa2 »

RIP John Wooden
irishoreo
Gold Member

Re: Sad day for any UCLA people

Post by irishoreo »

lacrymosa2 wrote:RIP John Wooden

aww when did he pass?
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

I've been really happy the past few days despite the fact that I'm struggling with finishing my thesis book to be submitted tomorrow. Opening all sorts of Libera fan site I know, and reading the updates of those who attended the concert somehow releases my stress.

However, last night, was a different thing. As I was on my way to my classmate's house, I received a text message from a fellow fan about the death of Tatot, also a Libera fan I've been in contact since October or November last year. It is said that he died last Sunday due to Cancer. We're not that close but he is one of the first fans I knew through 360. I've expressed my condolences to him through writing a blog but I felt it was not enough. I'm not good with words, specially with this kind of situation but I hope that by sharing to fellow fans I'll be able to help him in gaining more prayers.

May you rest in peace and rise in glory my dear friend.
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

I'm so sorry to hear about that, Chix--I know the community will feel his loss, and I hope that you talk to us if you ever needed a friendly ear. He is in my thoughts, and so are you. Take care of yourself.
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Last night was an unfortunate and sad day. I pray for all the victims of the Manila Bus Hostage.

Anyhoo, thanks Flora for your kind words.[/b]
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

chix wrote:Last night was an unfortunate and sad day. I pray for all the victims of the Manila Bus Hostage.

Anyhoo, thanks Flora for your kind words.[/b]
I know what you mean. I was in Glorietta when, excuse the phrase, all hell broke loose at the Grandstand. I was watching the entire thing since before noon and I couldn't believe it even as I watched the scenes unfold in front of me.

I felt so bad that night I couldn't sleep... :(

And shame on the people who turned the bus into a tourist attraction! :(
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

Hello everybody. I just wanted to ask everybody to pray for the people in a California neighborhood. On Thursday, a gas pipe under the neighborhood exploded causing 58 homes to be destroyed and massive damage to the area. At last I heard there were only 7 people that died in the disaster, but many lives were affected. Let us all pray for all the people that were affected.