"Libera" ambigram

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Ok,
It is just dumb luck on my part, but my "informed source" just came online and I posed the question of a gift like this and he said right out no, do not do it. If you want to send a card or make an anonymous monetary gift for their own Christmas party, that would be ok, but no individual gifts to the boys.
The monetary gift should be sent to Saint Phillips Church of England at 66 Pollards Hill North, Norbury, South London SW16- 4NY, United Kingdom. And you should mark on it that it is a donation to the choir for their party.
Sorry to rain on the parade here but this info is 1st hand and it probably should be listened to.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

well, what's not to be is not to be. I have to admit I'm disappointed, but oh well.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

tcliffy wrote:well, what's not to be is not to be. I have to admit I'm disappointed, but oh well.
Yeah, bummer. But thanks, TEB, for informing us ahead. :wink:
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Oh, since we can't send them gifts, we could send them a card like what you said, TEB? Could you tell me how I could go about sending them a card? Like the address to sent to?
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

I am sooooo sad about these news... :roll:

Ok, if I'll send some Xmas card to church adress? Is it possible that Libera will receive it? :roll:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Again Everyone,
I am very sorry to make you feel disappointed :( :cry: . I would have loved to been part of the t-shirt/key chain gift idea. I was glad my friend came on last night so we could find out. This all stems from a privacy issue that I mentioned to Kevin. Something that happened some time ago but we, as fans, will feel the effect from for, quite probably, forever.
Mail sent to the church for the boys is opened and read by the pastor to see if it is ok to pass on. If he approves of it, I am sure the boys do get to see it as they are in the church on a daily basis for rehersal.
The church's address again is:

Saint Phillips Church of England
66 Pollards Hill North,
Norbury, South London SW16- 4NY,
United Kingdom
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

don't be sorry TEB. It's great that they are doing everything in there power to protect each other and us, the fans. I will certainly send them a Christmas card and will gladly offer something for their Christmas party.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

TEB wrote:Again Everyone,
I am very sorry to make you feel disappointed :( :cry: . I would have loved to been part of the t-shirt/key chain gift idea. I was glad my friend came on last night so we could find out. This all stems from a privacy issue that I mentioned to Kevin. Something that happened some time ago but we, as fans, will feel the effect from for, quite probably, forever.
Mail sent to the church for the boys is opened and read by the pastor to see if it is ok to pass on. If he approves of it, I am sure the boys do get to see it as they are in the church on a daily basis for rehersal.
The church's address again is:

Saint Phillips Church of England
66 Pollards Hill North,
Norbury, South London SW16- 4NY,
United Kingdom
Don't be sorry. Even though we feel disappointed, it's better that we knew in advance. And I think everyone understands that any steps to protect the boys are well worth the disappointment we may feel. Sometimes, it is easy to forget that they all are just little boys.

Thanks for giving the address. I have a mind to print out a card and put the ambigram there, but I don't know how long it will take to mail something from Singapore to the UK. :P
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Hey TEB, please don't feel bad.. We understand that these are the rules there and we really respect them. And thanks for informing us, or else we really wouldn't know.

Hey Carina, I also don't know how long it will take to send from Singapore to UK but it's probably not more than 2 weeks? Air mail should be quite fast, I think?
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

xsakurax wrote: Hey Carina, I also don't know how long it will take to send from Singapore to UK but it's probably not more than 2 weeks? Air mail should be quite fast, I think?
Coming from a country (Philippines) where the mailing system is unreliable (hehe), I'm always a bit doubtful when sending mails. But I guess I'll try and I hope they get it. I just feel that the longer the distance, the greater the chance of it not reaching the boys.haha. Would you happen to know how much it would be?
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Ok, dear fans ;)

We have to understand that the privacy and security for our boys are most important than our feelings.
Keep Liberians in safety! Its ok, thanks a lot, TEB!! ;)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Thanks guys for understanding. My friend thanks you as well.
I am planning on sending RP a letter for Christmas and was thinking of having it in the post by the first week in December. What I also may do is send the letter to him in a Christmas card addressed to the pastor of the church with a donation to either the choir or the church. If Saint Phillips is anything like my church, Young's United Methodist, we always need more donations just to pay the regular bills. :(
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

libera36

Post by libera36 »

What if someone sent a card on behalf of all the fans here on the Libera-Dreams forum? Not a small card, but maybe a card about the size of a piece of notebook paper.... Or maybe..... I dunno, this needs more thought....
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

postage would be a nightmare unless sent from the UK... and even then.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah, that's true..... And I don't think any of our fellow fans here live close enough to St. Philips to make that price go down....