Libera on TV Music Channels

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

labbie

Libera on TV Music Channels

Post by labbie »

Where I live in Canada, my TV service provider offers a series of music channels under the banner of Stingray Music. At this time of year, they have a couple of channels that play, as one channel is called, "Holiday Favourites". The other day, when I tuned in, I noticed that they were playing some artists such as Il Divo, Sarah Brightman, Renee Fleming and some other children's choirs, mostly from Canada, but unfortunately, no Libera, at least, I hadn't yet heard anything by them. I decided tonight to see if I could get Libera's Christmas repertoire included, so I have e-mailed the programmers, since the music service does provide listeners with that option. I gave them Libera's website and YouTube information so that they could have a look and listen for themselves. Hopefully, they will be agreeable to adding Libera to the playlist. We will see what happens. It would be a great way to get more people to hear them in Canada.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Re: Libera on TV Music Channels

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

I hope it works!
labbie

Re: Libera on TV Music Channels

Post by labbie »

Well, I also hope they do. I have posted at least once on this forum that, because of a lack of media exposure, Libera does not have a significant following here in Canada. There is a classical radio station in the Toronto area that plays their music once in a while, and PBS stations sometimes air their performances, but where I am in southwestern Ontario, there are no stations that would play classical or choral or crossover artists. We will see what happens and whether or not Stingray will put Libera on their playlist for the holiday season.