Danny Boy from the Guildford Concert

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Danny Boy from the Guildford Concert

Post by Surpinto »

Libera has posted a new video on their Youtube channel of "Danny Boy" as filmed at the concert in Guildford. For someone who hasn't heard any version beside what they did in Ireland in 2013, I think it's excellent. :D

[BBvideo 560,315][/BBvideo]
chris17

Re: Danny Boy from the Guildford Concert

Post by chris17 »

Wow, that was beautiful! I think I like it better with the harmonies, and Isaac's voice is so rich and beautiful. Thanks for posting! :D
muffin818

Post by muffin818 »

I was there! Lets hope they post some more videos from Guildford as well. I'd love to have a video for one of Tom's solos.
"And I saw a new heaven
For the first heaven
And the first earth
Are passed away.

Illumina perpetua.

And there shall be no more death
Neither sorrow
Nor crying
For these are passed away."
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It doesn't get much better than that does it? A much mature and richer sound then the Armagh 2013 DVD Danny Boy. I think it's the first of their own live recordings they have shared at a UK concert the other 'home' produced live recordings have been from concerts in the Philippines (Bayan Ko x2 and Himig Ng Pasko). Yes I wouldn't mind a recording of 'I'm Dreaming of Home', it seems to have put on the backburner....
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:It doesn't get much better than that does it? A much mature and richer sound then the Armagh 2013 DVD Danny Boy. I think it's the first of their own live recordings they have shared at a UK concert the other 'home' produced live recordings have been from concerts in the Philippines (Bayan Ko x2 and Himig Ng Pasko). Yes I wouldn't mind a recording of 'I'm Dreaming of Home', it seems to have put on the backburner....

Me too , i still dont get why it never made the US live dvd as it is such a good song . And up to that stage was in all the concerts prior so seemed like a odd omission .
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Perhaps it got displaced by songs they felt they had to include in an American program - America, Amazing Grace, Wayfaring Stranger, etc.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

That was amazing! In parts, it sounded a bit like a barbershop quartet.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

The power of simplicity. Very impressive and moving.

It's extraordinary sometimes to see young kids do something so amazing and beautiful.
Singing a cappella, in concert, in a cathedral, with words of love and death... And they just pull it off.
It's a sign of the hard work and dedication of Robert Prizeman, the parents and everyone involved, in giving the boys the trust, the musical ability and the 'team' feeling needed to get a performance like this, which then goes out and touches listeners from around the world.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above