San Diego Concert

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

enjaysea

Re: San Diego Concert

Post by enjaysea »

Libera is moving the San Diego concert to a new date (sometime in the October tour), and to a new venue (yet to be decided).

Here's JR's latest blog, discussing the changes.

Moving Heaven, Earth, and Venues
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

enjaysea wrote:Libera is moving the San Diego concert to a new date (sometime in the October tour), and to a new venue (yet to be decided).

Here's JR's latest blog, discussing the changes.

Moving Heaven, Earth, and Venues
The blog says it's by "Nick", and the writing style is a little different, but it's under JR's blog heading. Who's Nick? But anyway, a Libera training/bonding summer camp? That will be so much fun for the boys. :)
enjaysea

Post by enjaysea »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:The blog says it's by "Nick", and the writing style is a little different, but it's under JR's blog heading.
Problem was taken care of. The blog really was written by JR, just attributed to the wrong author temporarily. :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks for the information, enjaysea. Going from a 10,000 seat venue to a 1,200 seat venue and having it on their Fall tour is certainly a reasonable thing to do. That arena concert would have probably been a big problem to organize and a disappointment in lots of ways as many have stated already. Having a third venue on that October tour would be excellent for them as it would allow them to recoup more of the travel expenses that they can never fully cover through ticket sales. Unfortunately, while I figured that if I dug deep I could have logistically made it to San Diego this summer, October is absolutely out of the question due to my schedule. I still want to make it in December, as that is in my driving radius :D . Now that the Connecticut concert was moved from Friday to Saturday, I may not be able to attend both Connecticut and Pittsburgh as there would be no respite from driving for very long distances! I would drive for many hours Saturday to get to Connecticut, then the huge distance from Connecticut to Pittsburgh the next day, and that followed by the drive home the day after would would be big too. The logical thing to do would be to attend Connecticut only as that can be done without missing any weekdays from work or dropping dead from driving.