America the Beautiful Video

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: New Libera Video Forthcoming

Post by Yorkie »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:Wow! They really upped the dirt in this one! You could grow potatoes on those necks.
Actually, I was thinking about that what you said - "you could grow potatoes on those necks" and I realised my mum said that to me when I was a little kid and she was dragging me in to the bathroom to get a wash :D Now, I think you're in the USA so is that a conmen phrase in the States or do you have some recent British heritage in the family?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Yorkie wrote:
alcesalcesobservator wrote:Wow! They really upped the dirt in this one! You could grow potatoes on those necks.
Actually, I was thinking about that what you said - "you could grow potatoes on those necks" and I realised my mum said that to me when I was a little kid and she was dragging me in to the bathroom to get a wash :D Now, I think you're in the USA so is that a common phrase in the States or do you have some recent British heritage in the family?
Actually I first remembering hearing the phrase--slightly adapted-- here (1:50) : [BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Somebody in my family would always say that we could grow potatoes in our ears, they were so dirty. I can't recall who though.
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Same here, and the folks on both sides of my family consider the pilgrims late comers. Maybe the phrase originated in Ireland and was carried over by Libera in 1833.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

12 boys, a lot of dirt.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks for sharing that photo, alcesalcesobservator. :D

Looks like there is a newbie in front of Ciaran and Camden. Anyone know who he is?
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

That looks like Tom Cooper.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

tom413 wrote:That looks like Tom Cooper.
Thanks!
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

According to John Rexford,
"The new DVD will be released Friday May 22nd, 6:00am U.S. Eastern time on both Libera.org and Libera.org.uk.

I know it is sort of like waiting for Santa to come to town. But no peeks. You’ll just have to wait. But let’s all get set to start the sharing. We are releasing Friday morning so all will have an opportunity to share it. Please send to 10 friends and ask them to send it to 10 more.

The boys are watching the counter and I told them my target is 100,000 views Memorial Day weekend. Now let’s not let them lads down."
(Link to post--see the comments)https://libera.org/video-st-charles-signing/

"DVD"? :?:
henrylonghorn

Post by henrylonghorn »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:According to John Rexford,
"The new DVD will be released Friday May 22nd, 6:00am U.S. Eastern time on both Libera.org and Libera.org.uk.

I know it is sort of like waiting for Santa to come to town. But no peeks. You’ll just have to wait. But let’s all get set to start the sharing. We are releasing Friday morning so all will have an opportunity to share it. Please send to 10 friends and ask them to send it to 10 more.

The boys are watching the counter and I told them my target is 100,000 views Memorial Day weekend. Now let’s not let them lads down."

Yes, Mr. Rexroad hinted at a special DVD in a prior post:

"The video will be released on Libera’s YouTube channel. I have had requests to produce a DVD with a group of Libera videos on a DVD all tied with Libera extras. I am hoping that may still be possible.

I also see a full musical production in my head. Who knows what’s next.

I am also hoping for a special CD. Let’s see what the future holds for the very talented boys from South London."

Such special edition DVD/CD could be a good way to raise funds if Libera could produce and sell them independently.
Hark, we hear a distant music and it comes with fuller swell
’tis the glorious song of heaven and our fears it will dispel.

Concerts attended: 8 | Last concert: NYC (2023)

https://twitter.com/HenryLiberaBlog
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOluil ... dUezvPVhDA
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Sounds cool!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

henrylonghorn wrote:
alcesalcesobservator wrote:According to John Rexford,

Yes, Mr. Rexroad hinted at a special DVD in a prior post:

"The video will be released on Libera’s YouTube channel. I have had requests to produce a DVD with a group of Libera videos on a DVD all tied with Libera extras. I am hoping that may still be possible.

I also see a full musical production in my head. Who knows what’s next.

I am also hoping for a special CD. Let’s see what the future holds for the very talented boys from South London."

Such special edition DVD/CD could be a good way to raise funds if Libera could produce and sell them independently.
It would be cool if they released another DVD or CD, but in this case I think it's a simple typo. I think by "DVD" he means the YouTube video of "America the Beautiful".
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Surpinto wrote:
It would be cool if they released another DVD or CD, but in this case I think it's a simple typo. I think by "DVD" he means the YouTube video of "America the Beautiful".
When he mentioned the "DVD" being released on the 22nd, that's probably a typo--which is what I thought at first-- but further down in the comments of "Tributes to Libera", he says,
"I’m working on [a DVD]. I see a vision and it is a DVD with introduction by the boys about the song and making the video. A DVD that shows the full depth of such a journey. For me who sees things as a full picture, I see a Libera musical. The story of young boys working as child laborers journeying to the United States in seek of their fortune. The journey of hope and success. The struggles of life, and the success and joys of life."
That sounds like an actual bonus DVD to me-- it's seems odd that a phone would auto-correct twice without him noticing it.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

A DVD of one song and the boys talking about making the DVD? That sounds like an extremely short DVD. Then he talks about a Libera: musical. Surely he can't put that together in less than 2 weeks? Maybe he's talking about a project he envisions for some time in the future, not what's coming out on May 22.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I think he must have gotten the two projects mixed up in his mind or something. One is real as we can see by the photographs of them filming on that ship and the other is something he says he wants to do going forward. I probably shouldn't have used the word "typo" as that implies a purely typing error not a content error. I think he made an actual error in using the word "DVD". We can't expect a bonus DVD to drop out of the sky just like that can we? I would be thrilled to be wrong :D