America the Beautiful Video

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

America the Beautiful Video

Post by Surpinto »

The creation of a new video has been announced by John Rexroad of the Libera US affilitate :D

fan_de_LOK has posted his speculations (google translation link) about what the new video could be at the French forum.

I think "Danny Boy" would make a great video, but I just don't see another song with Isaac as a prominent soloist being the subject of a video after they did "Wonderful World" recently; though one can never know. It's my opinion that they would want to change it up in that respect, but I have no alternative theories to offer because I am terrible at guessing.

Whatever it is JR promises that we'll love it! :D

Oh and here are some new photos Libera tweeted out and posted on their Facebook page from the April US tour
[thumbnail]http://s16.postimg.org/6hko7p5id/179691 ... 1931_o.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://s16.postimg.org/5vvpblag5/110260 ... 0052_o.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://s16.postimg.org/si10obo6d/111827 ... 6449_o.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://s16.postimg.org/s6jkbk7qd/110487 ... 1879_n.jpg[/thumbnail]
Last edited by Surpinto on Fri May 22, 2015 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Re: New Libera Video Forthcoming

Post by hiskeys »

Part of John Rexroad's comment below (in response to a guest blog, Great Experience) might indicate that it could be America the Beautiful -

"The boys singing of America Beautiful is a wonderful version. I think it is going to be timeless. I hope some of our radio stations play it this Memorial Day. The way that happens is in part by others sharing it with their local stations and making a request for a Libera song.

Keep watching, we have something special coming up with America the Beautiful."

Something like that could be used to help promote the upcoming visits to the US later this year.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you Hiskeys :)

There is quite no doubts on the chosen song now.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Thank you Hiskeys :)

Agree. Here is a fan's effort:

Libera's will probably need a "Yorkie advisory"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:Thank you Hiskeys :)

Agree. Here is a fan's effort:

Libera's will probably need a "Yorkie advisory"
Oh dear, I was looking forward to having a new video too :|
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Oh wow! I am very much surprised by this choice; if it is in fact the song they will use in the video and JR is not referring to a separate project.

They do a fantastic job with the arrangement and execution of that song for sure. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that maybe this has to do with the 10,000 seat venue at which JR plans to have them perform :shock: with 5,000 seats going to members of the military; it is a patriotic song after all. He mentioned that in the same blog in which he announced the video.

My only concern would be that it may be unappealing to fans outside the US and I would imagine that the Libera organization would want videos to have more global appeal in the age of Youtube. Beautiful music and singing draw no national boundaries, but the lyrics of that song sure do.

Whatever video they make, I'm sure they will do a fantastic job just the same :D
wpgoalie03

Post by wpgoalie03 »

I hadn't seen it posted yet, so here's the link to John Rexroad's comments regarding the upcoming video. https://libera.org/great-experience/
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Surpinto wrote:Oh wow! I am very much surprised by this choice; if it is in fact the song they will use in the video and JR is not referring to a separate project.

They do a fantastic job with the arrangement and execution of that song for sure. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that maybe this has to do with the 10,000 seat venue at which JR plans to have them perform :shock: with 5,000 seats going to members of the military; it is a patriotic song after all. He mentioned that in the same blog in which he announced the video.

My only concern would be that it may be unappealing to fans outside the US and I would imagine that the Libera organization would want videos to have more global appeal in the age of Youtube. Beautiful music and singing draw no national boundaries, but the lyrics of that song sure do.

Whatever video they make, I'm sure they will do a fantastic job just the same :D
Libera has done patriotic songs before, Bayan Ko being the first I can think of readily. They even put a concert video of it up on their YouTube channel. If nothing else, the fans will watch the video to hear the boys voices and to see any new faces.
henrylonghorn

Post by henrylonghorn »

If it will be America the Beautiful, do you all think it will be performed more in unison (as in the DVD) or have solo parts (as in the concerts)? Which version would you prefer?
Surpinto wrote: My only concern would be that it may be unappealing to fans outside the US and I would imagine that the Libera organization would want videos to have more global appeal in the age of Youtube. Beautiful music and singing draw no national boundaries, but the lyrics of that song sure do.
I don't think this will be problematic. I would assume a good majority of the current fans either come from countries that are friendly toward America or are sufficiently open-minded to enjoy the music. I personally love Libera's rendition of "I Vow to Thee My Country" even though I'm not British. However, I can see some fans get upset over the fact that America will dominate the concert calendar for next year.
Hark, we hear a distant music and it comes with fuller swell
’tis the glorious song of heaven and our fears it will dispel.

Concerts attended: 8 | Last concert: NYC (2023)

https://twitter.com/HenryLiberaBlog
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOluil ... dUezvPVhDA
chris17

Post by chris17 »

I don't think it will be a problem. Personally, I've enjoyed Libera's renditions of Bayan Ko, Himig Ng Pasko, I Vow to Thee My Country, and the snippets of The Moon Represents My Heart - I'm still disappointed they didn't release the entire music video because I though it was beautiful, even though I'm not Chinese. I never thought I would hear Libera or any choir from the UK singing America the Beautiful, but they did, and they even kept the verse about "liberating strife," which I though they might take out. I agree that most fans will probably be open-minded about it.

I would love to have a newly-recorded America the Beautiful with solos, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do the DVD version of the song.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

henrylonghorn wrote:I don't think this will be problematic. I would assume a good majority of the current fans either come from countries that are friendly toward America or are sufficiently open-minded to enjoy the music. I personally love Libera's rendition of "I Vow to Thee My Country" even though I'm not British. However, I can see some fans get upset over the fact that America will dominate the concert calendar for next year.
Yes, but that actually has deep lyrics and a good tune :wink:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:Libera has done patriotic songs before, Bayan Ko being the first I can think of readily. They even put a concert video of it up on their YouTube channel. If nothing else, the fans will watch the video to hear the boys voices and to see any new faces.

True! I withdraw my concerns :) I was unaware of the translation of those lyrics until I looked them up just now.
henrylonghorn wrote:I don't think this will be problematic. I would assume a good majority of the current fans either come from countries that are friendly toward America or are sufficiently open-minded to enjoy the music. I personally love Libera's rendition of "I Vow to Thee My Country" even though I'm not British. However, I can see some fans get upset over the fact that America will dominate the concert calendar for next year.
I wasn't thinking it was a matter of any animus, more that folks would be less likely in opting to listen to them sing that particular song. But then I think how much I have enjoyed songs like "Bayan Ko" and, just like Chris17, wish they would have released "Moon Represents My Heart" though that isn't a patriotic song on its face.

I would love to see them do the more solo arrangement as at the concerts if only because it would differ from what I have heard on the recording.

I can't wait to see what they do! :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

And it's confirmed!

https://libera.org/tributes-to-libera/

"America the Beautiful" is indeed the song to be released on the United States Memorial Day holiday on May 25.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Wait... if they're in England, where will they go to film a song about America? Any guesses as to what this video might look like?
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Surpinto wrote:My only concern would be that it may be unappealing to fans outside the US and I would imagine that the Libera organization would want videos to have more global appeal in the age of Youtube. Beautiful music and singing draw no national boundaries, but the lyrics of that song sure do.
To be honest when I first got my copy of the live CD I expected the lyrics to put me off but I haven't skipped the song once - because, as you said too, their arrangement and performance are just really good musically. So good that for this Dutch guy they can get away with a patriotic US song :)
Music connects and crosses boundaries :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above