Libera - Behind the Scenes

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Libera - Behind the Scenes

Post by Surpinto »

Just uploaded today, this is a behind the scenes video of Libera from the new DVD "Angels Sing: Libera in America"

[BBvideo 560,315][/BBvideo]
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Libera - Behind the Scenes

Post by TullyBascombe »

Amazingly they seem to pull off 'Wayfaring Stranger" and 'How Great Thou Art' quite well. I'm used to hearing those two songs sung by deeper adult male voices like Tennessee Ernie Ford.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

I think they can do it because of the especially strong back row. I definitely prefer this years "Be Still My Soul" because of the stronger tenor and bass.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

TullyBascombe wrote:Amazingly they seem to pull off 'Wayfaring Stranger" and 'How Great Thou Art' quite well. I'm used to hearing those two songs sung by deeper adult male voices like Tennessee Ernie Ford.
Wayfaring Stranger was the best performance in the concert. I hope the final cut of the DVD does it justice.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

There's a shot of them [circa 5 min 37 mark] with Libera merchandise (calendars, T-shirts). Anyone know more about that? Were they fan-made for them for the occasion perhaps?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

maartendas wrote:There's a shot of them [circa 5 min 37 mark] with Libera merchandise (calendars, T-shirts). Anyone know more about that? Were they fan-made for them for the occasion perhaps?
Yes, this the merchandise table that was set up downstairs from the concert hall. I believe that it was all arranged through the US Libera affiliate. They were selling all manner of things that night. Here are some photos from Lauren's blog of the tables from that night:

Some of the merchandise can now be purchased online at the Libera.org store. I believe it was all purchased and made by the US affiliate for that night. I certainly didn't see any of the choristers looking at the stuff the evening of the concert as the video showed, so that must have been filmed at some other point though I'm not sure when. I was down there during intermission and that is also the place they held the M&G that night.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thank you, Surpinto! :) and to Lauren for the pictures.
I'm not as active on the blogs as I used to be so some of this stuff gets to me a little while later ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above