USA spring tour 2015...

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

tom413
Gold Member

Re: USA spring tour 2015...

Post by tom413 »

I know who you are, Lux. :)

Knowing all the trouble you had getting to the Twin Cities for that show, I hope this trip goes much more smoothly for you.
See you in St Charles!
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Any hope you can motivate your whole group to come to the concert ?
It's a shame if they miss this very rare occasion to hear and see a libera concert.
Unfortunately, no. I don't think my sister even really wants to go to the concert, but she's humoring me. They don't like "this kind" of music and they think I'm really weird because I do. It's sad really, especially because I used to play Libera around my niece and nephew when they were little (littler anyway, they're only 5 and 4 now) and they seemed to enjoy it, and they both love to sing - but the catch is that they sing along with the trash they hear on mainstream radio. Sad that my favorite song of theirs is the ABC song, lol. Not that I'm completely anti-pop music, but when you hear a 5 year old girl sing about things that would make her auntie blush (and then giggle...c'mon, I'm only human) it's just kinda sad.
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Surpinto wrote:We now know at least one song on the US tour song list: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152843013467992&set=vb.10137632991&type=2&theater

Cool! :D
The 'Bostonians' in particular will be delighted with this one.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Hello everyone :D
It's been absolutely ages since I last last posted, so I hope everyone is doing well!
I'll be attending the concert in San Antonio this weekend (well, that is if my car gets fixed in time..) so I look forward to hopefully seeing some familiar faces there!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Hi Rebecca, so nice to have news from you :D

Your last concerts were Epsom, Frisco and Huston in 2011.
It's nearly four years ago, wow !

From the 28 boys of the 2011 Summer tour, you will meet again only 5 of them in 2015: Tom, Matthew J, Isaac, Matthew Madine and Cassius. Cassius surely remembers your awsome Moose's passport :)

In the public you will recognize at least Lauren, Tom and I (Patrick) but probably many more :)

See you in4 days :)
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Thank you so much!
It's been way too long! School kept me busy, but I was accepted to my top choice university two weeks ago (in Toronto!) so I have time to relax now.

I've been trying my best to keep up with everything in the Libera world, but haven't had a chance to attend any concerts so I'm incredibly excited to see all the new boys live :D

See you soon!
wpgoalie03

Post by wpgoalie03 »

I'll be attending my first Libera concert in Texas on Saturday, and I was wondering if there will be an opportunity to get autographs and meet the members briefly. I've seen several videos of fans going through lines to receive autographs, and I wasn't sure if that's typical of Libera concerts. If so, will that opportunity take place before or after the show, and how long before or after? Thanks guys!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

wpgoalie03 wrote:I'll be attending my first Libera concert in Texas on Saturday, and I was wondering if there will be an opportunity to get autographs and meet the members briefly. I've seen several videos of fans going through lines to receive autographs, and I wasn't sure if that's typical of Libera concerts. If so, will that opportunity take place before or after the show, and how long before or after? Thanks guys!
From everything I have read there will be a meet and greet autograph line in Texas. Such events are not a guarantee for every concert they give, but it seems that if they can arrange the proper security and physical space to do so they try and make it happen; which is rather gracious seeing as they just sang for nearly two hours.

They are usually after the show, once the choristers have had a chance to eat and take a break. The only time I have been to a concert the autograph line was announced in the concert program.

Oh and here are some photos of them touring around Boston and posing with their own CD that they stumbled on at a Barnes & Noble book store. :D

You'll be seeing and hearing them soon so make sure to tell us all about it.

[thumbnail]http://s21.postimg.org/nihzrj2c7/CBRQAU ... _large.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://s21.postimg.org/fyowph95j/CBT8c_KNWUAAnk_I7.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://s21.postimg.org/7hpeek4gn/CBT8c_KQWAAAe_Si_U.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://s21.postimg.org/m8fkyqj6f/CBYO_7_FU8_AA_Ojd.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://s21.postimg.org/mmgwyc39z/CBYO_7_FUk_AAeh5d.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://s21.postimg.org/jd2hrvf6f/CBYO_7_HU0_AAHbp_E.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://s21.postimg.org/dfymb1y1j/CBYO_8a_Ug_AIy4zu.jpg[/thumbnail]
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

They've really been using their social media accounts a lot these past few months. Used to be we wouldn't see any pictures like this till the tour blog months later.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:They've really been using their social media accounts a lot these past few months. Used to be we wouldn't see any pictures like this till the tour blog months later.
I know! It's really helping to fuel excitement for this tour and for their music. The stir they created for the "Wonderful World" single on social media was also really cool to witness.

Things like this, in addition to creating hype, can motivate people to contribute financially. While the US affiliate actively solicits donations, the Libera organization proper does no such thing apart from their main website. That is not said to denigrate them in any way, because being perceived as constantly holding out a hat is probably not the media image they want to create for themselves. That being said, I think that occasional social media plugs for donations are more than appropriate and necessary when they are taking the time to share so much with us. The cost of all of these tours and the years of singing instruction for the choristers, audio equipment, music videos they make, and other expenses, which I cannot fathom, are enormous.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I don't think the concert is even over and the Wilbur Theater in Boston already has photos on it's Facebook page of the performance :lol:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Wow, thank you for the pics Surpinto :D
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

At BOS waiting for connection to IAH and reflecting on last night’s first leg of Libera’s Spring Tour.
First the venue. The Wilbur is a converted cinema, ugly on the outside but pretty inside. The stalls area is set up like a comedy club with tables and chairs. The tables are set at right angles to the stage so it is inevitable that towards the side of the theatre one side of the table will have their backs to the stage. Seats were numbered but there was much jockeying of position to get the best view. This was one occasion were the front row was probably not the best choice. We were so close (within six feet of the singers) that one could hear the individual voices as well as the amplified sound. The speakers were sometimes a little overpowering especially on the high notes.

Having said that, the concert was wonderful and full of surprises. For those who have not read FDL’s account on twitter, here is my own brief summary:
It started in the usual manner with “Joyful, Joyful”.
This was followed by Sanctus with Tom and Merlin doing the high notes and Merlin doing the final sanctus. Well done Merlin on your first solo perfectly delivered.
Then came “Amazing Grace”. Not usually my favourite hymn, but redeemed by RP’s wonderful arrangement and Ciaran’s moving solo.
“Voca Me” with great high notes from Alex M.
“The Prayer”. Solo by Isaac, perfectly delivered as usual.
First surprise addition to the program was “Lullaby” beautifully delivered by Camden in his first solo performance. Well done Camden. The pat on the back from Alessandro was well deserved. Camden was accompanied to great effect by Sam and Alessandro. Sad that we will no longer hear Sam’s treble voice live, but great to hear his pleasing “new” voice.
“Salve Me” is back – with Alex M demonstrating his prowess on the high notes.
“Morning has Broken” Perfect solo by Tom (what else would we expect).
Second surprise. Isaac , kneeling on his haunches, stage left, sings the first verse of “Danny Boy” a capella. He is joined first by Alessandro and Sam, then by Alex M, Ciaran and Camden for wonderful a capella harmonies. Great and moving performance by Isaac. Clearly much appreciated by the citizens of America’s most Irish city.
“Exulte” Led by Tom singing the solo parts.
INTERVAL
Second half began with Gabriel alone on stage. He sang the first voice of “Always with you” alone and was slowly joined by the others and Alex M who was his “shadow” singing the high parts. Nice staging. Congratulations to Gabe on his first solo.
“Orinoco Flow” nicely done. Always a crowd pleaser.
“How Great Thou Art” excellent performance by Alessandro who has become a major force in Libera’s solo armamentarium.
“Going Home”. A welcome return of this favourite and a stunning performance from Isaac who began with the solo part that we normally associate with Josh and then amazingly shifted a register into the higher solo part sang on the Leiden DVD by Mini-Ben.
Surprise addition number three. “O For the Wings of a Dove”. Superb performance by Tom of this classic which he had also performed with the Vivace Chorus at a concert in Guildford three weeks ago.
“Song of Life” – another perfect solo from Isaac.
“Wayfaring Stranger” – same staging as in Washington, but this time led by Alessandro as the soloist. He is a worthy successor to Sam who performed so magnificently in Washington and elsewhere.
“Wonderful World” – wonderful performance by Isaac.
“How Shall I Sing thy Majesty” – led by Alessandro.
Big standing ovation with much cheering and hollering was followed by a stirring rendition of “America the Beautiful” and a second even louder standing ovation.
An excellent concert. I have not mentioned the speeches but they were all entertaining and well delivered receiving laughter and applause in the appropriate places. However, I must not finish without mentioning newbie Taichi, who delivered his delightful speeches perfectly - despite having arrived in Boston at midnight (5 AM UK time) the previous night.

Boarding in 20 minutes. Looking forward to more delights in San Antonio.
Last edited by john45 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks for the nice summary John and also FDL's usual detailed analysis over on the French forum via google translate Always nice to hear the new boys earning their debut solos.

Great pics from the concert too, not the usual concert venue/setup but probably presented a more enthusiastic audience.

Here's a great photo from the tour program shared by Boston Libera Fan's twitter

Very funny and so primed for an April fool joke if it wasn't 24hrs too late!

Tour has been acknowledged by Warner Classics too.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez