Foyle's War Sound Track - Tom Cully

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

phineaspgage

Foyle's War Sound Track - Tom Cully

Post by phineaspgage »

Forgive me if this has already been discussed (a search yielded no returns), but I'm interested in buying the music that Tom Cully contributed to in "Foyle's War Series V: Plan of Attack." The program aired on PBS in the U.S. The soundtrack is available on Amazon (by Jim Parker) with 24 songs. I do not know the name of the track that Tom sang on, and might buy it individually if someone knows which it is. The album is not expensive, so I could purchase the whole thing, but I want to make sure that Tom's piece is actually included in the collection. Any insights are welcome.
I had an interesting bit of synchronicity on this. I was visiting my father and his wife and I joined them for a bit of television in the evening. I do not watch TV at home (I don't receive any channels, though I have a DVD player). They said they had been enjoying a British series on PBS, so we watched an episode. I'd not seen the program before (or since), but the episode we watched featured music with Tom Cully (a beautiful piece). I'd actually heard that specific clip via YouTube thanks to a Libera fan, but of course it has dialogue over it which interferes with Tom's brilliance. I can't have that.
Thanks for your help.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Foyle's War Sound Track - Tom Cully

Post by Yorkie »

There was something on this that I remember reading but not sure how much detail it went in to.

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

The title suggests it is episode 1 of series 6 - wonder why the confusion between series 5/6. I'm not sure that this song is available to buy to be honest because if it was a separate track by Tom I'm sure it would be all over the place. My best guess is that it was just used as (hauntingly beautiful) mood music/backing and isn't on the album :(
Last edited by Yorkie on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

There used to be the clip he sang in on youtube-- doesn't seem to be there, now. I'm guessing he's on the 1st track, since you can hear him first thing in the opening scene of Season 6 episode 1, which I watched on amazon. It is indeed haunting.
phineaspgage

Post by phineaspgage »

Thank you, alcesalcesobservator and Yorkie, for your observations. I did save a copy of the YouTube clip on my computer, so I have it with the dialog overlaid.

My series number reference came from http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/foy ... edits.html
Tom is listed as "Chorister" under the production credits. On reflection, I guess I assumed that this was "the" episode for which he sang. I did not see him listed under the credits for other episodes, but he may have contributed in more than one piece. I'll wait to see if others happen by with insights.

Thank you both again for your replies.