Filming in France

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

hiskeys
Silver Member

Filming in France

Post by hiskeys »

I see they are at the Thiepval Memorial to the Missing of the Somme. My guess is a music video for "I'm Dreaming of Home", since that's from the WWI movie Joyeux Noel. Of course it's possible they might do another video while they're there. Been a while, I believe, since they worked on a single song video.

john45
Gold Member

Re: Filming in France

Post by john45 »

hiskeys wrote: My guess is a music video for "I'm Dreaming of Home", since that's from the WWI movie Joyeux Noel.
Good guess. I hope you're right
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I was also thinking 'I'm Dreaming...' - I expect it will be included in their upcoming album (well I hope it is anyway)

Latest entry shows the very competent TDL maybe performing a solo part. Hopefully it will be two videos.

Songs of Praise is broadcasting two WW1 specials http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediap ... -of-praise
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

Since this year it is 100 years since the beginning of WW-1 this recording is probably for a documentary or some commemorative tv programm. In Britain WW-1 is still a big thing and remembered in November I think. So probably we will have to wait till then to see the results.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Regardless of the reasons behind it, I'm pleased to see Libera out on French soil.

They have built up a following there without any direct marketing (apart from the French forum).
Perhaps they will eventually be able to make a public appearance closer to their loyal
French followers.
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

tom413 wrote:
They have built up a following there without any direct marketing (apart from the French forum).
Perhaps they will eventually be able to make a public appearance closer to their loyal
French followers.
That goes for more European countries, such as The Netherlands, Germany, Finland etc. It is all a matter of money it seems.

Johan
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Just under two weeks now until the special edition of Songs of Praise commemorating the outbreak of WW1

I came across a blog http://www.stgeorgesmemorialchurchypres ... 4585409929 from the Chaplain at St George's Memorial Church which provided a insight into the BBC filming on the day... no specific mention of libera but if you read between the lines...
Friday was taken up with filming the parts of the programme which involved a group of young choristers at various locations around Ieper
I did get emotional when we sang O Come all ye Faithful and the sopranos soared into the descant...
According to this http://www.vamospralutar.be/pagina%2020 ... lijnen.pdf the 'Christmas Truce' edition is due to be broadcast on Sunday 14 December 2014 - but that could be subject to change at this early stage.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Someone posted this link on Twitter, and it doesn't look like it's been posted here yet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04d4hph

Edited to add: Libera just put this up. :)

http://www.libera.org.uk/news/ww1_filming

According to this, "They also visited Ypres and Sanctuary Wood to film performances of Libera songs." I'm hoping that means they did indeed film more than one song, but looking forward to it either way. :D
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks for sharing; Nice update from Libera (they are doing more of that lately ;)

It should make for quite a moving episode, so often does when the youth pay homage to their predecessors, especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

The recorder as been set....

Very short preview at the end of this week's episode;

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

Might get a longer preview clip mid-week on the BBC Songs of Praise website.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

BBC have now released a factsheet for tomorrow's program http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04d4hph

Three songs listed are 'Rest In Peace', 'You Are There' & 'We Are The Lost'... very appropriate selections for WW1 remembrance. Secretly was hoping for something new such as 'I'm Dreaming of Home' but fingers crossed this might present itself for the 'Christmas Truce' episode due in December.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I am really looking forward to seeing this episode. I hope it's available to seen when I'm back home.
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

Libera already, 15 minutes after the programm, put the three songs mentioned earlier on Youtube. But surprisingly the last Libera song in the programm was the Lullaby with Josh, which is already a few years old. I hope somebody will also post the parts with the boys in the cemetries and memorials. There was also a bit with Liam Connary in Ypres.
Johan
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Horticult2000 wrote:I hope somebody will also post the parts with the boys in the cemetries and memorials. There was also a bit with Liam Connary in Ypres.
Johan
It was very moving as expected and the boys stories laid the scene to the songs. Normally I despair at Songs of Praise cutting contributing artists songs but you can't grumble this time; Altogether Libera contributed to 18 minutes of the 35 min program.
I'm glad Libera have got the necessary rights to show their 3 songs. https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialLi ... d?filter=2 I'm guessing the videos were pre-loaded and it was just a matter of turning them from private to public once the broadcast had finished. It will take some time but I will share an unlisted video of all their parts in the program soon.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

These are full length, the versions used on SoP were cut down.

Jimmy has Tweeted that he will upload the segments with the boys interviews (who all come across really well). All in all a very moving programme.

#edit# Jimmy was posting as I typed to confirm his recording, cheers that man!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
labbie

Post by labbie »

Thanks for posting! These tributes are very moving. Libera performed beautifully!