Summer tour 2013??

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Summer tour 2013??

Post by dani »

So anybody got any ideas where this may be this year ??
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Summer tour 2013??

Post by Yorkie »

everybody is expecting a return to the USA if they can get the money together. Unfortunately, they didn't announce anything in Guildford :D Maybe they could go to Hawaii - bet the boys would enjoy that!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
labbie

Post by labbie »

If Libera do plan to come to North America this summer, it would be wonderful to have them come to southwestern Ontario again (Kitchener, Guelph, etc.). It's not out of the question, since they are known to do return engagements (e. g., St. Louis). They seemed to like performing at Church of Our Lady Immaculate in Guelph. It is a beautiful venue well suited to their performance. Of course, I realize that there are a lot of variables that influence their choices of venues, not the least of which are financial, but I would think that they did gain many new supporters during their Canadian tour in 2011. Time will tell us what their ultimate decision will be.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

At your opposite Labbie, my hope is that whatever continent they choose, they will select places and venues they never went before, so that I can add new sightseeing and tourist visits to the concerts :)

Going back to Guelph would be a little dull for me, despite the nice Cathedral :wink:
labbie

Post by labbie »

That is true, FandeLOK, but there are still many supporters who, unlike yourself, cannot travel extensively for various reasons. Priorities have to be met before the luxury of travel to many faraway places. Libera are known to make return visits to different cities, and for most of us that would be fine. Since I am Canadian, it is only logical that I would lobby for another set of concerts in my area.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Then think to people that never had the luck to see and hear Libera because concerts were too far.
These people would be very happy so see Libera to come to their town, rather to return to places they have already honoured by their presence :mrgreen:

Speaking about Canada, I would be very happy to have the luck to discover Quebec and Montreal :)
labbie

Post by labbie »

Montreal would be wonderful, too! I was born and raised there, actually south of Montreal just across the St. Lawrence River, (and yes, although I am from an anglophone family, I do speak some French!) I try to get back to the Montreal area a few times a year. It is a cosmopolitan city with plenty of European character. The main concert venue there is Place des Arts, but there are some lovely cathedrals there such as Notre Dame Basilica in Old Montreal, and Marie-Reine du Monde, as well as l'Oratoire St-Joseph which is located right on top of Mont-Royal, the mountain in the middle of this beautiful city. You would love it, FandeLoK.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

No clue where they'll choose. If they are coming to North America, I'd also wish for someplace different such as a Pacific tour from Vancouver
south to San Francisco or an Atlantic tour from Philadelphia south to the Carolina's. An EMI rep once posted that Libera's #1 sales city in the
USA was Denver. If that's still true they'd deserve a show, but there isn't a whole lot of population within easy commuting distance to base a tour on.

Whatever they do I hope they announce plans soon, I am so ready to start making plans! :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Wales - must be time now for a visit by Libera, can't recall if they have ever performed a concert there. European tour overdue but could be expensive and more difficult to arrange the sponsorship/freebies that seem to be available when they tour to the far east. Some internet talk of a return to the Philippines, but would have thought that would drop into the autumn half term break slot. It was June 20th when Libera announced their summer channel islands tour last year. So plenty of time yet.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Wales - must be time now for a visit by Libera, can't recall if they have ever performed a concert there.
Technically they did sung in Wales, but it was not a concert fully by their own.
It was for an Aled Jones show, aired on SoP, in 2002.
They sung in Cardiff.

LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

I'm hoping that they'll return to Minnesota or the midwest again. Minnesota because they didn't get a lot of time to advertise their concerts here (that was the year they were supposed to go to China) and because I live here, hehe. The Minnesota concerts disappointed me because their attendance was low, and I know it could have been better. Had I known a bit more beforehand, well, I dunno what exactly I could have done but I could have covered some territory posting flyers and all that. At least I could have poured my heart out to radio stations in my area to play some Libera clips. The public was unaware of what a gem they missed! Ah well, I'll be ready next time!!! 8)
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
Liesma

Post by Liesma »

Can they cam to same countries at Baltic sea, for example, to Latvia, Estonia or Lithuania. It can be wonderful concert at sea or somewhere else! As I have heard, Libera wasn't performed here
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Hopefully we are a week off before we know where they plan to tour for the summer :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

With about three weeks to go until the start of the UK schools summer break it is a bit worrying that no tour plans have been announced yet. I wonder if this year they are going to get some time off or maybe just a trip away for themselves rather than a full on concert tour.

Might give them time to record that new album I guess!!!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
catherine

Post by catherine »

Yorkie wrote:Might give them time to record that new album I guess!!!
Hopefully !