Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols 2012 - King's

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols 2012 - King's

Post by Yorkie »

The time is fast approaching for this wonderful annual tradition. If a radio station near you doesn't broadcast the service in lovely stereo then you can listen online via Radio 4. The broadcast starts at 3pm UK time.

The order of service is now available HERE

I'll be listening whilst tucking into some mince pies and sherry - hope you can join me.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols 2012 - King's

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Didn't get home in time to listen to this, but if it's the same one they broadcast in HD on Christmas Eve, I will be watching it again this year. I tend to do a run through Youtube for them aswell.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

You know BBC America really doesn't live up to its name unless "Star Trek Next Generation" really was a British production and "Top Gear" really is on every day of the week. Needless to say King's College's Carol program doesn't get anywhere near the air time on this side of the Atlantic that it ought to. I guess I'll hope for an appearence on YouTube.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Ah, sorry guys this is the live radio broadcast on Christmas Eve that I'm on about. The tv programme is good but it is a different event that is filmed a couple of weeks earlier.......it isn't the same service as the Christmas Eve one :D

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I had it on in the background and quite enjoyed it. It was very special to hear the famous a cappella treble solo opening of Once in Royal David's City sung live, a first for me. I also enjoyed Ding, dong, ding (Christmas really is the only time of year when you can get away with naming your song to childish sounds :lol: ), Herefordshire Carol, A Spotless Rose, Sir Christèmas (by William Mathias), and ofcourse Hark! the herald angels sing.
Merry Christmas everyone!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I've been listening to the version done by St Thomas in New York this morning. Very nice I think. Here is the link to the webcast if you are interested, the sevice picks up about 15 minutes in:

http://www.saintthomaschurch.org/calend ... ship/3776/

Mercy & Love
sillybear

Post by sillybear »

Yorkie wrote:I've been listening to the version done by St Thomas in New York this morning. Very nice I think. Here is the link to the webcast if you are interested, the sevice picks up about 15 minutes in:

http://www.saintthomaschurch.org/calend ... ship/3776/
Nice organ playing! :)
Call me Cara