Any Christmas activity by Libera in 2012 ?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Any Christmas activity by Libera in 2012 ?

Post by TullyBascombe »

I know this is off topic for this thread, but I'm wondering. Last year Libera was very active at Christmas time. In addition to their album they graced us with 4 videos and 4, 5 or 6 TV appearences. It was a veritable embarrassment of video riches. Of course much of that was in support of the album. I wonder if they've got anything planned this holiday season?
Last edited by viabuona on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Wrong Topic and Forum
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Any Christmas activity by Libera in 2012 ?

Post by Yorkie »

i would think we will get the usual 'Merry Christmas' video from the boys but without an album I would expect significantly less activity this year. But who knows what next year will bring??? A new album? Well, if we're good Libera fans and ask Santa nicely.......
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
liberainchicago

Post by liberainchicago »

I've asked Father Christmas to brin them back to the USA.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Perhaps they'll wind up on some TV show for a brief caveat again?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It has so far been a low-key run up to Christmas regarding Libera media participation. If anyone can correct me; 2009 was also unproductive in this area. I cannot source anything 'libera' festive for this year. Although the following spring we did get their new album 'Peace' ..mmm...could this be a good omen?

2006 GMS Aled Jones R2/Christmas Cooks
2007 Christmas Cooks
2008 Aled Jones Carols DVD
2009 ?
2010 ITV Good Morning HYSMLC/BBC Breakfast
2011 Bliss TV/QVC/Gabby Logan/ITV Good Morning/Chris Evans R2

Anyway despite this lack of publicity and no media duties their single 'Carol of the Bells' from last years Christmas Album is doing very well in the UK Charts;

iTunes currently #4 but as hovered between #2 and #3 in last two weeks
Official Classical Singles Chart now at #2 - it's risen from 17th 2wks ago, 9th last wk and now it's highest position so far. Could they make it xmas No1 next week?
Amazon MP3 updates hourly but currently at #11 in classical chart. The highest I've seen it so far.

Remember they up against artists like Katherine Jenkins who has had her own shows on ITV and Classic FM and Only Boys Aloud who have appeared on XFactor - all considered Libera have done really well to sustain the momentum and motivate the public into buying their unique interpretation of COTB.

Classic FM have of course helped with frequent plays of their Christmas Album but I think Youtube is also a big factor - around 1st Dec the views stood at 373k - 19 days later it's currently 506k - 133,000+ views in 19 days = 7,000 views a day.

...of course I'm coming at this purely from thinking of them as the artist 'libera', we all know how incredibly busy they are with St Philip's and schooling. Most of which are breaking up at the end of the week, leaving little opportunity for appearing on the type of weekday/morning/lifestyle programs they are normally invited to perform on.

That said.... if this http://www.premierradio.org.uk/shows/we ... mod_page=3
FRI 21 DEC: They're described as the "ordinary boys who sing like angels". Having appeared on BBC's Songs of Praise and Last Choir Standing, they've rubbed shoulders with everyone from screen legends and church leaders. They've even performed in front of President Barack Obama and the Pope Benedict. Join us to hear the dulcet tones of the world famous choir LIBERA.

...is not a replay of their 2010 interview which it could possibly well be. Then we may have something new to look forward to afterall.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

So they get to ring out the old world on december 21? That's some honor.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:...is not a replay of their 2010 interview which it could possibly well be. Then we may have something new to look forward to afterall.
Many thanks for all your searches Jimmy :)

It seems it will be a new interview, Kavana just tweeted that he had a radio interview in the morning.
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:It seems it will be a new interview, Kavana just tweeted : "I've got a radio interview In the morning"
Nice one, i'll attempt to capture but it depends how rebellious I feel in delaying my journey to work. Usually I set off at 07:30. Whatever I won't be able to distribute until late in the evening. The website itself uploads on-demand content for each day, so this may include libera's interview.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The radio show is aired from 7:00 am to 09:00 am London time, 08h-10h in Paris, and it's for sure an issue with my work time :mrgreen:

http://www.premierradio.org.uk/listen/live
DeProfundis130

Post by DeProfundis130 »

Kavana has shown himself to be an incredibly well spoken young man. He seems to be beyond his years in his comportment. I anxiously await any further sharings, as I am sure many others do s well.
I wholesomely envy the competency so many members on this Forum display; Yorkie As Well!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Presenter indicates that they will be coming up very shortly. I'll be listening to them on my way to work - I have DAB :)

I've set a scheduled recording but obviously this is at the mercy of my wi-fi - if the radio show doesn't share on-demand I'll see what the recording is like when I return home and share if it's been captured.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I did a recording, I edited it and uploaded it.
27 mn long, 25 MB in MP3 : http://dl.free.fr/p7luS9YvC
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Was there any new news given out ?

Who was present besides Kavana ?

And thank you Patrick :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

They were 4 : by descending ages : Kavana, Cassius, Jude and Michael.

I have to re-hear the interview to be sure but I don't think they announced anything new for us fans.
However I might have missed things due to their high flow speaking rate, sadly I have not your luck of perfectly understand English Dani :mrgreen:

It was a very funny and relax interview by the way, with many laughs, the boys interrupting each others, and Cassius making some Donald Duck :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thank you for the update .