Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

TEB
Gold Member

devil music???????

Post by TEB »

Well now,
This one is good for a laugh.
We have an ultra religious woman at work. What we used to call holy rollers. She loves to call my rock&roll devil music. :twisted: So.... I decided to make her a Libera sampler cd. Some new, some old and some live. Told her she would like it. All Christian based music done by a boys choir.
She brought it back to me today telling me I should be ashamed for bringing her more devil music!!!! :shock:
I said what and she said it was devil music. I asked her where she got that idea and here it is: the line in I Am The Day where Josh sings, "I am the darkness, soon to be light" She thinks that is a reference to the devil. Yah, I know :roll: :shock: :roll:
Then she said all the stuff in Latin is also devil stuff. I told her to go read the lyrics and then translate the Latin. Also told her that Libera is the boys choir of Saint Phillips Church in Norbury, South London. Of course, she didn't want to hear any of that.
Oh well, some people are quite nuts and she is one of them.
Calling our boys devil musicians.. The nerve.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
SADASS

Post by SADASS »

:D :mrgreen: :D :D
Yes....... At us too such is. The devotion is mental illness. Yes start up so considers, it is a pity that its relatives do not reduce her to the psychiatrist. Such are very hard treated.
And history very ridiculous. I did not think at all, that Libera can be music of a devil. :shock: :D :D :D
Music is my life.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

:D :D :D

Great chance that she is listening to Libera right now. Probaly made a copy of your cd's or searching the net, but just doesn't dare to admit she likes the music. :)
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Nah, lots of American fundies consider Anglicans to be anti-Christian. They're associated with - you know - those libural Episcopalians, and you know what THEY did.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

TullyBascombe wrote:Nah, lots of American fundies consider Anglicans to be anti-Christian. They're associated with - you know - those libural Episcopalians, and you know what THEY did.
(raises hand) Proud liberal Anglican/Episcopalian.

*gag. Some people need to chill.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I've heard it all now :lol: - Libera as the :twisted: music??

Maybe if you found yourself suddenly alone and lost in the middle of a forest on a foggy night with a full moon and wolves howling in the distance, you wouldn't be in the best frame of mind to hear Libera's take on Lacrymosa weeping out from the long dark shadows.

However, it's mostly music that befits Heavenly description, instead of something dark and sinister. She's a crackpot.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:I've heard it all now :lol: - Libera as the :twisted: music??

Maybe if you found yourself suddenly alone and lost in the middle of a forest on a foggy night with a full moon and wolves howling in the distance, you wouldn't be in the best frame of mind to hear Libera's take on Lacrymosa weeping out from the long dark shadows.
Well, you know, the vid for Voca me is a bit creepy... ;)
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Ok... this is a hard one.... Angel's singing the Devil's music?? :twisted: Thats is definitely a new thought!! Hmm.... You should try her on "Jesus Loves Me" where Steven Geraghty (I think its him...) sings the solo?? Or maybe "Glory to Thee my God".... :D
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Well,
If any of you ever met this woman, you'd know right away. :shock: I am half tempted to start singing I Am The Day all the time in the store. Especially the "I am the darkness" line. :wink:
Oh well, her loss.
She is also one of the kind who feel only their denomination is the 'correct' one. I'm a United Methodist and I am wrong. And so are most others. And if she hears either Catholic or Anglican, well....... actually, I'd probably have to explain what Anglican is.
Like I said, this was a good laugh. :D :) :lol:

I should forward this all to RP. Bet he would roll his eyes. :roll:
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

:shock: What music does she listen to? It sure seems that her musical choices would be quite limited if she finds Libera's music sinister. Oh well some people are just nuttier than squirrel poo. :lol:
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Digs wrote:Oh well some people are just nuttier than squirrel poo. :lol:
I needed that Digs--laughing so hard I'm crying...I'll be sure to enter that in my verbal notebook ;)
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Digs wrote:: Oh well some people are just nuttier than squirrel poo. :lol:

Got to say, I've never heard that one before. :D :shock: :lol: 8) :o
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

William

Post by William »

Here's another one. "God wants us to bear spiritual fruit, not religious nuts!"
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

kjackson83 wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:Nah, lots of American fundies consider Anglicans to be anti-Christian. They're associated with - you know - those libural Episcopalians, and you know what THEY did.
(raises hand) Proud liberal Anglican/Episcopalian.

*gag. Some people need to chill.
moi aussi
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

I don't seem to remember a big stink about religious mores when Libera were part of the pre-Mass Concert of Hope for Pope Benedict XVI's visit to the United States--and let's face it, there's a lot of historical antagonism between the leaders in Rome and Canterbury...but there wasn't an ordeal over an Anglican treble choir singing amidst a sea of Roman Catholic celebrities (oh, and His Holiness, of course). One assumes that Benedict XVI approved, in some manner, of the program...

...if the Anglicans and Catholics can get along, especially on the music issue...well, that's a miracle in and of itself.

Yessir, Tom, your friend is a little addle-brained!