Aled Jones' Ultimate Christmas Carols feat. Libera! - Dec 24

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Aled Jones' Ultimate Christmas Carols feat. Libera! - Dec 24

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Just extending a thread in relation to the exciting news posted by Kevin on the Libera Dreams homepage.

http://www.back2back.tv/article.aspx?ID=162" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, it looks like Santa and his little elves have arrived early for all Libera fans. Can't wait for Christmas Eve!

Now the questions: What's carols are going to be featured? What part will Libera play? And when and where can you pick up this DVD!!

:D
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

Of course, we here in the States won't get to hear it until who-knows-when, but still. I'm glad they're doing some more Christmas music!
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

We might be able to get it online, but that's about it.
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

kjackson83 wrote:WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

Of course, we here in the States won't get to hear it until who-knows-when, but still. I'm glad they're doing some more Christmas music!
yyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhoooooooooo for me this year i hope chritsmas is going to be good this year i wonder if josh tom and sam and all of them are going to be in it i wonder ??
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Mathmaniac wrote:We might be able to get it online, but that's about it.
Some of the British fans on YouTube...but YT clamps down on quality. The BBC streams video/audio in HQ via the iPlayer online, but foreigners are able to get only the audio; video is reserved for the licence fee payers.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

The question is, will Aled Jones just use Libera as backing vocals? I think we can take it for granted that he'll be singing the lion's share of the solos.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

That's crossed my mind too TullyBascombe. Ideally it would be good if Libera can maybe take up a few verses on their own, or even better if Aled solo duets with one of the boys....Tom for example.

Anway I'm getting ahead of myself here, I can't think of anything more Christmassy than Libera singing festive carols on the night before Christmas :)
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

JimmyRiddle wrote: I can't think of anything more Christmassy than Libera singing festive carols on the night before Christmas :)

I thought last year after I finally got to see the Christmas Cooks performances that I would very much like to attend Christmas Eve services at St. Phillips. I bet RP has plenty of music from the boys as well as the entire choir.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Indeed, I bet the Christmas Eve service at St.Philips is a tremendous occasion to attend.

More good news today, it looks like Libera have been signed up to perform a major sound track to a Japanese Movie.

You can get a taste of the song 'You Were There' from the trailer on this website .... http://www.dare-mamo.jp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (It's the sixth link down on the left hand side).

and links to some of the pictures taken at the filming http://www.flickr.com/photos/bebs63/set" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 231695953/

Libera never stays quiet for long :wink:
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Indeed, I bet the Christmas Eve service at St.Philips is a tremendous occasion to attend.

More good news today, it looks like Libera have been signed up to perform a major sound track to a Japanese Movie.

You can get a taste of the song 'You Were There' from the trailer on this website .... http://www.dare-mamo.jp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (It's the sixth link down on the left hand side).

and links to some of the pictures taken at the filming http://www.flickr.com/photos/bebs63/set" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 231695953/

Libera never stays quiet for long :wink:
Wow, Jimmy--this is great! I'm going to copy this as its own topic in News to get it a little more exposure.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I hope Libera isn't just gonna be backing vocals in that DVD. Well's Aled's the main guy in that DVD, but come on, Libera's got loads of potential rather than just backing. Haha. At least some verses would be fair, or else I gonna have a hard time listening through for just their parts. Wohoo!
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Indeed, I bet the Christmas Eve service at St.Philips is a tremendous occasion to attend.

:

If I had enough money, I'd make arrangements to spend Christmas in Norbury just so I could attend services at St. Philips. I would take as many from here I as could possible take with me too. That way, we would all have each other to spend Christmas Day with.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I am very excited to see the Christmas documentary, including that potential new album set to be released in December with that new song "You Were There" on it including that new music video that is supposedly on the new album as well.

And Im sure Christmas at St. Philips is unforgettable, of course any Christmas event is unforgettable.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

With all this talk about Christmas music...

Does anyone remember Sing the Story? It was a SoP thing, I think...would love to hear that one again with the present membership.
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

kjackson83 wrote:With all this talk about Christmas music...

Does anyone remember Sing the Story? It was a SoP thing, I think...would love to hear that one again with the present membership.
i have a lot of favriets of christmas songs i hope they sing what child is this and marry christmas and a happy new year hahahahah i hope they sing all the songs they sing last years chrismas god belss libera