Movies

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Quinnsome
Silver Member

Movies

Post by Quinnsome »

Well, we have discussed music and books... why not movies?

What are your favourites?
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I think my favorite movie of all time will always be Close Encounters Of The Third Kind. There are no bad guys in this movie. The special effects, even to this day, are fabulous. Just remember how you felt the 1st time you saw the Mothership fly over Devil's Tower, slowly turn over and land. And the music John Williams wrote for this movie is one of the best, if not the best of his compositions ever.

Plus, something my dad( God rest his soul) pointed out to me. Whether Steven Speilberg knew it or not, there is a wonderful Christian message in this movie. Many are called but few respond.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Hmm...

The Red Violin is one of my very favorites: a beautiful soundtrack, intricate plot, and some very lovely settings. Wall-E is a recent love; Kenneth Branagh's chilling portrayal of Reinhard Heydrich in Conspiracy was stunning, and Jet Li's nationalistic tale of fall and redemption: Fearless.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Well, I watch quite a lot of movies.. But I can't recall all the movies I have watched so far.. Let's see.. Hmm.. I kind of remember watching the chinese version of My Neighbour, Tontoro, when I'm young, and I cried all the times I watched. Simple plot, but touching story. I like Star Wars series too, Harry Potter, most of the Disney films and I kind of enjoy watching Dakota Fanning's movies too.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

As xsakurax put it, there are a lot of movies. My favorites that I saw recently are Iron Man, Master and Commander, Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Black Knight, and Duma (one of my all time favorites).
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
William

Post by William »

I have lots of favorites but I guess my top 5 are 'Oliver!', 'Dances With Wolves', 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang', 'The Sandlot', and the 'Star Wars' saga. Quite a range, huh?
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

I have loads of favourites as well.
Let me see... Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Finding Neverland, Pride and Prejudice... to name just a few.
I am, at the moment, an enormous fan of Empire of the Sun, but this may be only a craze. Either way, I can't get enough of it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The Dark Knight was amazing, well worth the watch. Heath Ledger (R.I.P) did an astounding job, definitely one of my faves now :)
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Yes, Heath Ledger was incredible.
It's an awesome movie. I've seen it only once in theaters and am hoping to see it again.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

There are so many movies I like I can't tell what would be my favourite.
Here are some of my collection of almost 2000 movies:
Wheels of terror / Road flower / The outlaw Josey Wales / Indiana Jones / A child is missing / Blind fury / Black stallion / Switching parents / Les vauriens / Stepfather 3 / Postman / 13 Ghosts / The client / Demon in a bottle.

I like every movie with Clint Eastwood / Mel gibson / Kevin Costner / Christopher Lambert / Harrison Ford / David Gallagher / Michael Galeotta / Joseph G. Levitt / Jean Sénéjoux and Rutger Hauer and many more which are movies from Action to Western from ghosts to Pirates and roadmovies and drama. I also like movies of true stories and most of the time it concerns children and I like movies which involved children, they're so emotional most of the time.
Candid
Silver Member

Post by Candid »

I don't watch very many movies because the movies are becoming a little anti- Christ.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Let's see.... Seems childish, but I really enjoy Pixar's animated movies :) Most of them (Wall-E, Ratatouille, The Bee Movie etc.) have funny plot lines and, for the sake of entertainment, can be very amusing!! However, I think Wall-E has some really deep content if you think about it... I mean, technically speaking, if we don't care for the environment, that could happen, far in the future!! That's a scary thought.... And while I'm on the subject of environment, I thought "An Inconvenient Truth" was really good.... I mean, its obviously not really a movie, (I guess its a documentary) but after watching it, I understand a lot more about global warming!

Oh, and I love the Harry Potter movies too!!
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

LOL... The Chronicles of Narnia 8)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Ahh... Yes, The Chronicles of Narnia are great too!!
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

libera36 wrote:Let's see.... Seems childish, but I really enjoy Pixar's animated movies :) Most of them (Wall-E, Ratatouille, The Bee Movie etc.) have funny plot lines and, for the sake of entertainment, can be very amusing!! However, I think Wall-E has some really deep content if you think about it... I mean, technically speaking, if we don't care for the environment, that could happen, far in the future!! That's a scary thought.... And while I'm on the subject of environment, I thought "An Inconvenient Truth" was really good.... I mean, its obviously not really a movie, (I guess its a documentary) but after watching it, I understand a lot more about global warming!

Oh, and I love the Harry Potter movies too!!
WALL•E is a masterpiece...the scene "Define Dancing" is so beautiful, you'll forget you're essentially watching two fictional machines twirl around in space. And I definitely agree: the message behind the film is very powerful--it's not just for kids.