My favorite music besides Libera

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Digs
Silver Member

My favorite music besides Libera

Post by Digs »

Here are a few videos of some of my favorite artists if your interested. I listen to all kinds of music but really enjoy Collective Soul, Jackson Browne, David Gray,Bob Seger, Josh Grobin,Sarah Mclachlan, the list is endless really but these are some of my favorites. Here are a few youtube links if your interested, check them out and let me know what you think.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Digger
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Hello Digs,
It's not bad at al and if I must take a choice out of these links than it would be the second one ( Collective soul - Crown) But it's not really my personal style of music although it would be nice to see a live concert on tv or when it passes by on the radio but not to buy a cd of them, then I'm talking about Collective soul / Jackson Browne and Sarah. I really do not like Josh Grobin and David Gray but I do like the music of Bob Seger.

Personal I listen and own a lot af different music but mostly it is Symphonic rock like British best rock band 'Magnum' and the 'Queen' related band 'The Cross'. The rock opera Avantasia. Gothic metal can be nice too sometimes, listen to 'Nightwish' or 'Within temptation' and country : John Denver / Garth Brooks. The toppers from the 80's like Bruce Springsteen, Toto, Chris de Burgh, Bonnie Tyler and Meatloaf. Music from the 80's was really good, you see it all comming back now in the style of the musicians from this time (look at 'the killers'), a lot of artist in the 90's don't exist anymore cause they didn't really look at quality and I think a lot musicians have learned from that, that's good. People like Springsteen are stil making music and I like that, it's quality!
Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

I have to agree with you on the 80's music, pretty good stuff. You know its funny, I use to like country music but not so much any more. I do have all of John Denvers Cds and still listen to them.
Hey I looked up the band 'Magnum' on youtube and I really liked them. You know they remind me a lot of 'Survivor', I really liked them too. Anymore I am into music with meaning, that is relaxing and you can understand what they are saying, if you know what if mean. Ill check into the other bands you mentioned but I really did like the Magnum videos I watched. I like hard rock too but cant deal with the heavy metal too much anymore :shock:
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Favorite band after Libera would be Savatage/ Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
I used the / because they are basically the same band. Every member of Savatage is also a member of TSO. Between the 2 bands, they have produced some of the best rock operas every recorded.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

I like any classical/choral music and most Christian music.

A few notable artists I like (and this is a very brief list)...

Enya, Celtic Women, Celtic Thunder, Yanni, Josh Groban, The Drakensburg Boys Choir, Joseph McManners, Troy Sivan, + a whole lot more.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I'm more to classical, and country genre of music, and maybe a little bit of pop. As long there's no heavy metal or heavy hitting of the drums, or very bass-y kind of instrument. These always give me headaches. I prefer soothing, gentle and slow music mostly.

Examples of artists in my MP4 play list are: Vienna Boys' Choir, Celtic Woman, Billy Gilman, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Declan Galbraith, David Archuleta, Angelis, Vox Angelis and a few others.. and OF COURSE LIBERA!
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

My music tastes have been describes as 'eclectic' ... not sure it was meant as a compliment though :wink:

I listen to The Alarm, Meatloaf, Bruce Springsteen, Train, One Republic, The Eagles, Simon & Garfunkel, Johnny Cash, Guns N' Roses, Ennio Morricone, Simple Minds, Dire Straits, Boney M, Bob Marley and from Ireland: U2, Snow Patrol, The Script and Clannad but the two I listen to most are Libera and Vienna Boy's Choir both of whom I have been lucky enough to see live this year.

Digger - I had never heard of Collective Soul before but was seriously impressed when i checked them out on YouTube. So thanks for the intro.

Jude
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

I listen mostly to classical; Bach is my favorite (which accounts for Libera's vocal version of the Air being played--according to my iTunes--well over 200 times). Favorite artists include several of the German treble choirs (especially the Windsbächers) and the Choir of King's College, Cambridge, the finest (traditional) English treble choir in the world!
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Hey Digs,
Nice to here you liked Magnum after looking on youtube. I must say that I never have met one who did not like Magnum after hearing their music cause they have different styles but always the Magnum sound.

I once made an article about Magnum for a Dutch Magazine if you are interested in it ,if anyone here is interested in it, just pm are mail me your mail-address so I can sent it to you. The article includes the beginning / music style / future / etc.
Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

Jude,

The Collective Soul videos I posted are both from their "HOME" album. They made this album with the Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra. The orchestra was amazing on this album. They also made a DVD of this concert. They have a lot of other albums, but the home concert with the orchestra is my favorite.
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

tcliffy wrote:I like any classical/choral music and most Christian music.

Enya, Celtic Women, Celtic Thunder, Yanni, Josh Groban, The Drakensburg Boys Choir, Joseph McManners, Troy Sivan, + a whole lot more.
Finally! Someone else who knows of Celtic Thunder!

I'll be seeing the Celtic Thunder Show in early October (in Binghamton). So other than Celtic Thunder, I listen to Celtic Woman, Leahy, Gaelic Storm, Great Big Sea, Flogging Molly, several broadway/west-end musicals: Billy Elliot, Les Miserables, RENT, and Pirate Queen to name a few, classical/baroque/romantic especially Beethoven and whatever I'm singing in choir at that time (like Palestrina), Peter Paul and Mary, John Denver, many other folk artists, Dragonforce, and college a capella.
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Mathmaniac wrote:
tcliffy wrote:I like any classical/choral music and most Christian music.

Finally! Someone else who knows of Celtic Thunder!

I'll be seeing the Celtic Thunder Show in early October (in Binghamton). So other than Celtic Thunder, I listen to Celtic Woman, Leahy, Gaelic Storm, Great Big Sea, Flogging Molly, several broadway/west-end musicals: Billy Elliot, Les Miserables, RENT, and Pirate Queen to name a few, classical/baroque/romantic especially Beethoven and whatever I'm singing in choir at that time (like Palestrina), Peter Paul and Mary, John Denver, many other folk artists, Dragonforce, and college a capella.
I'm gonna see them live too!!! They are coming to Tampa and I am soooooooooooo happy. I'll see them in November. It'll be my first concert since I saw the broadway musical "The Rock and the Rabbi," back when it first came out.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Re: My favorite music besides Libera

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Digs wrote:Here are a few videos of some of my favorite artists if your interested. I listen to all kinds of music but really enjoy Collective Soul, Jackson Browne, David Gray,Bob Seger, Josh Grobin,Sarah Mclachlan, the list is endless really but these are some of my favorites. Here are a few youtube links if your interested, check them out and let me know what you think.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related

Digger
my favriet mucis is country becues i sing to it a lot and i have lots of favriets but i can,t pick the ones i like to sing to at my home but its lots of fun you have dffriet mucis that people can listing too its so much fun any way i like country and many dffriet ones so i listin to libera a lot more then coutnry so i love both
Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

They just showed Celtic Thunder on the Chicago PBS station this last weekend. I have seen it twice, and really enjoyed it. If they ever came around Chicago and I had the chance I would definately go see them.
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Digs wrote:They just showed Celtic Thunder on the Chicago PBS station this last weekend. I have seen it twice, and really enjoyed it. If they ever came around Chicago and I had the chance I would definately go see them.
my fmaily is from chicago so i hope that celtic comes to chiago