PCSM Does More Libera Covers

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

Malibu
Silver Member

PCSM Does More Libera Covers

Post by Malibu »

I know there is a topic about this buried in the "Chat" section, but I don't think these three songs were posted in that thread. And instead of bringing that thread back from the dead, I thought I would start a new one. (If a mod wants to combine them, feel free).

I just came across several video's of PCSM doing Sanctus, You Were There, and O Sanctissima.

Sanctus
[youtube][/youtube]

You Were There
[youtube][/youtube]

O Sanctissima
[youtube][/youtube]

I'm not sure how much I like them. I definitely like Libera's versions better.
I think the voices are really good, but I'm not a huge fan of the arrangements. The songs seems to be schizophrenic, going slow, then fast for a second, and then slow again, then fast... Also the sound doesn't seem as full. I know this is probably due, in part, to only have a piano backing (which can be nice for purity of sound), but it also seems like the harmonies aren't as full either. Sometimes I do wonder how Libera would sound without the mics with some of the effects that are (possibly) added. Lastly, meaning no offense to our French speakers, I'm not a huge fan of the accents either. It's weird, I don't mind accents in normal speaking, and I actually really like German accents, but in singing, I'm not a fan.

I do like this song though (copied from the other thread), and it is very catchy.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!

Tim
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Re: PCSM Does More Libera Covers

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Where to begin?? Thanks for posting these videos Tim, hadn't heard of this group before. My thoughts: "O Sanctissima" was the only one I kind of liked. :mrgreen: Agree with the accent part (also no offense meant), but I think they did an okay job on the harmonies. Not as cohesive or rich and full-sounding as Libera, but a good effort in general.
"Sanctus" and "You were there" -- oh brother.. I'll borrow your schizophrenic comment, and maybe add bipolar to that. Not a fan of the arrangements AT ALL. I bet these kids would sound great if RP got his hands on them. :lol:
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...