Eternal Light offical Video finally released

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Eternal Light offical Video finally released

Post by dani »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its such a good video. Its very simplistic but it works a treat and looks great.

LoL - It's odd to see James T in the video as he has been gone over a year!

And another Stefan video- personally i think you cant get to much of him having solo's.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Eternal Light offical Video finally released

Post by maartendas »

Thanks for the link dani. Must say I'm not too thrilled to be honest. I like simplicity but I got the feeling this was just not very creative, if you compare it to a lot of their other videos (Time, I Am The Day, Libera etc). But I do love the shot almost at the end of the boys seen from the back where the wind is blowing through their robes, that looks very dramatic :) Plus it's nice to get so many shots of Stefan singing (and Ralph, but it's mostly Stefan). I missed that in the earlier Eternal Light video.

And yes you do get a memory lane kind of feeling watching this. Thinking how much these boys have grown in the meantime. Some of them (James T and possibly Freddie) are even no longer with the group.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote:Thanks for the link dani. Must say I'm not too thrilled to be honest. I like simplicity but I got the feeling this was just not very creative, if you compare it to a lot of their other videos (Time, I Am The Day, Libera etc). But I do love the shot almost at the end of the boys seen from the back where the wind is blowing through their robes, that looks very dramatic :) Plus it's nice to get so many shots of Stefan singing (and Ralph, but it's mostly Stefan). I missed that in the earlier Eternal Light video.

And yes you do get a memory lane kind of feeling watching this. Thinking how much these boys have grown in the meantime. Some of them (James T and possibly Freddie) are even no longer with the group.

Gone is the era where they will spend a load of money on videos , like Libera , I am the day , Vespera . It makes no sense with channels like classic fm not on tv anymore so they have no way to showcase them apart from YouTube which wont bring in much revenue or any at all.

So you get videos like Time, Deep Peace ( urgh) and Eternal Light as they are made cheaply and give them publicity for very little cost.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

OK, it's not 'Thriller' but dani has made same good points about why lots of money can't be spent on videos (unless MTV suddenly has a change in direction) but I think it is nice to get something new. Yes it's simple but it does what it needs to do.

I don't know who Libera get to do their videos, whether they do them from within their own ranks or EMI provides somebody, but I was wondering if their might be an opportunity to get some input from another source. I would think that one of the London Universities or Colleges would have a media or film making department where they train the next generation of Steven Spielbergs. Perhaps they could try to link up with the faculty to get the students to work on creating ideas for new Libera videos and filming them. It could be a project for the students as part of their degree course and Libera might get some creative ideas from some young talent who would work for free in order for the exposure.

Just a thought......
Last edited by Yorkie on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie - we know for example that Time and Deep Peace was done professionally . We saw videos of the making of them - even tho if i didn't know any better i would of thought a 10 year old had done deep peace as its the most random confusing video i have ever seen. Visually its a complete mess 80% of the time. And too think they paid somebody for that vision :lol:

But Eternal Light i just like . Its simple and comes across well. Also maybe after the reverently low hits that Time and deffo Deep Peace got that they had a small budget to do a video with. I would much rather something like this than Deep Peace which would of had a bigger budget. Go figure.
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

I just want to thank Libera for releasing this video. Better late than never. Nice to see James again. Was upset cause it's 3am and i'm still awake :lol: Nothing like soothing Libera music.. video saying everything is gonna be ok. :D
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

I'm also so glad to see this video!
Many thanks to Libera for releasing it! :D
Fantastic song, clearness of a true HD picture and growing excitement to hear it LIVE at St.Georges,
oh well- you can imagine that! :)

The boys have grown quite a bit since this video was taken!

P.s. Very interesting idea of yours, Yorkie!
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Love it.

Simplistic is fine by me, I am not in need of expensive visuals, I see with my ears :shock:

Does that make sense :?:
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

paul30003 wrote:Love it.

Simplistic is fine by me, I am not in need of expensive visuals, I see with my ears :shock:

Does that make sense :?:

Yep it works.

And i don't mind a occasional l big budget video but them days are numbered i think. We will just get computer generated ones ( time/deep peace) or simple ones like this one.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

dani wrote: Gone is the era where they will spend a load of money on videos , like Libera , I am the day , Vespera . It makes no sense with channels like classic fm not on tv anymore so they have no way to showcase them apart from YouTube which wont bring in much revenue or any at all.
I don't agree - Youtube is a great source for expanding their fanbase (maybe even essential these days) so making good looking videos is a worthwhile investment.
dani wrote:Also maybe after the reverently low hits that Time and deffo Deep Peace got that they had a small budget to do a video with.
Not sure what you mean by low hits. (btw I loved Time and Deep Peace - Time is one of my favourites)

But judging from everyone's responses so far, this new video is a success :D
It seems that the simplicity is appreciated by fans around the globe. That's nice to see, because I thought maybe this style was more geared towards the Japanese market (just as Hagy wrote somewhere else that songs like Song of Life and Eternal Light are in 'Japanese style'). But I guess it's universal :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote:
dani wrote: Gone is the era where they will spend a load of money on videos , like Libera , I am the day , Vespera . It makes no sense with channels like classic fm not on tv anymore so they have no way to showcase them apart from YouTube which wont bring in much revenue or any at all.
I don't agree - Youtube is a great source for expanding their fanbase (maybe even essential these days) so making good looking videos is a worthwhile investment.
dani wrote:Also maybe after the reverently low hits that Time and deffo Deep Peace got that they had a small budget to do a video with.
Not sure what you mean by low hits. (btw I loved Time and Deep Peace - Time is one of my favourites)

But judging from everyone's responses so far, this new video is a success :D
It seems that the simplicity is appreciated by fans around the globe. That's nice to see, because I thought maybe this style was more geared towards the Japanese market (just as Hagy wrote somewhere else that songs like Song of Life and Eternal Light are in 'Japanese style'). But I guess it's universal :D

Low hits is 152,692 for Deep Peace. That has been up over 18 months . Its not great viewing figures by any stretch .

Time is better with 372,296 and its a better video and song.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:I would think that one of the London Universities or Colleges would have a media or film making department where they train the next generation of Steven Spielbergs. Perhaps they could try to link up with the faculty to get the students to work on creating ideas for new Libera videos and filming them. It could be a project for the students as part of their degree course and Libera might get some creative ideas from some young talent who would work for free in order for the exposure.

Just a thought......
Great idea! I think they have something like this setup with the Brit School if the clip at 2:15 on this video is anything to go by. It's not surprising there would be some form of a connection between the two since so many libera members attend the school.

With respects to the video; obviously it's great to have the full version video of EL (SoP only being a cut-down offering) and nice to see Stefan and Ralph working together on solo duties. In today's economic restraints, it's not suprising the video was shot with little special affects and within a small budget. However I do kind of itch for something a bit more creative and adventurous - with access to the relevant software and media facilities; students (as referred to above) could get their creative minds flowing and you never know, might suprise a few people with the results.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Wow, nice find Jimmy !
How were you aware about the 2'15'' image on the screen, that's amazing ! :shock:

To bring a little information about this Eternel Light video, I can add that a part of it was taped in the "Chiswick House and Gardens" park, located at West of London. The bridge is named the Classical Bridge and the building with the colonnade is the Chiswick House.

The other part was taped from the top the "Primerose Hill" park, located right next to Regent's Park.

(click here for a few photos on the French forum) :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Wow, nice find Jimmy !
How were you aware about the 2'15'' image on the screen, that's amazing ! :shock:
You have to pay attention to details when your looking for Libera news, it's part of the job description lol :)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

Love this video! So glad that it is finally out :D Stef does a great job, as always.
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest