Which Libera Boy Do You Wish You Could Have Seen In Concert

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

czecho

Which Libera Boy Do You Wish You Could Have Seen In Concert

Post by czecho »

A long title for a subject but here it goes. I had the pleasure of seeing Libera in Chicago this year and I was just blown away. I thought to myself who from the former members would i really liked to have seen in concert. So I ask you the same, name the one former member you would want to have seen in concert. For me, it would be Tom Cully. From what I hear on CDs he was just amazing during his whole time with the choir. I would have loved to hear him hit those high notes live.
tom413
Gold Member

Re: Which Libera Boy Do You Wish You Could Have Seen In Conc

Post by tom413 »

It would be Michael Horncastle for me.

In part because I just missed him (my first concert was in 2008) and
in part because he was such an expressive singer in the videos I've seen
that I wonder what sort of live performer he was.
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

Definitely Michael Horncastle. But I would have loved to see Liam Connery in concert before his voice changed.
Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Steven G for me without a shadow of a doubt. I think that is the only major soloist i am sad to have missed.

I now cant remember if i saw Michael sing Far Away in Concert or if that was just before my time. Hmm!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:Steven G for me without a shadow of a doubt. I think that is the only major soloist i am sad to have missed.

I now cant remember if i saw Michael sing Far Away in Concert or if that was just before my time. Hmm!
Don't worry dani, when you get to my age you'll probably think that you did see Steven G in concert :lol:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Tough one, but right now I would say Steven G as well. In particular because of his version of Caccini's Ave Maria, I have been playing that a lot lately:

[youtube][/youtube]

Adam Harris would be a close second:

[youtube][/youtube]

If we're allowed to include the old St. Philips gang, it would be Jaymi Bandtock & Sam Harper (sorry, I just have to name them as a duo ;)):

[youtube][/youtube]
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

I think for me it would have Tom Cully as well. I would have said Josh, because I thought I had missed him as well, but as everyone knows, he was on the US tour and I was able to see him in Chicago.

I also wish I could have seen Mini-Ben do a solo. I really like his voice, and I wish I could have seen him sing Sanctissima live before it got passed to Ralph.
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Thomas Cully I saw on Leiden DVD, so it's not such a big 'loss' that I never saw him in concert. About Michael H. I saw tooo much on videos & interviews, I am a bit 'overdosed' with Michael Horncastle, the same with Josh.
So, for me it is Adam Harris.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Tom Cully was in the Philippines in 2009, but he didn't have any solo. I wish I heard him sing "You Were There" or "Far Away" during that time, or to have joined Josh in "Love and Mercy" (only Josh did the solo for this one in '09). But glad to have heard Liam Connery do the "Libera" solo in the same concert.

Voca Me - I would have loved to hear this live in a concert, so naturally wishing Joseph Platt, Christopher Robson and Anthony Chadney could still do the solos. :)

Edit: Ohh... I forgot. JB and Sam! They're the ultimate wish-could-have-seen-them-do-a-solo in a concert because they've been in concert so many times but without any solos. Quite sad, really.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:Don't worry dani, when you get to my age you'll probably think that you did see Steven G in concert :lol:
And you claimed you're only 21! :lol: :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

phlibera wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Don't worry dani, when you get to my age you'll probably think that you did see Steven G in concert :lol:
And you claimed you're only 21! :lol: :lol:
Everyone knows that that's a difficult age 8)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

phlibera wrote:Edit: Ohh... I forgot. JB and Sam! They're the ultimate wish-could-have-seen-them-do-a-solo in a concert because they've been in concert so many times but without any solos. Quite sad, really.
But Sam just DID have a solo on Te Lucis. He has a fabulous voice! Maybe you WILL get to hear him. :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Tom and Flynn for me :D
I was so devastated when Tom left. I couldn't believe I'd never get to see him sing. There's just something about his voice that was so pure and it just seemed to effortless to him. As for Flynn, he looked like such an animated singer, and always looked so happy to be singing!
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Joe Snelling for me as his solo Salva was what captured me and landed me here today.

Thanks Joe!

[youtube][/youtube]
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

paul30003 wrote:Joe Snelling for me as his solo Salva was what captured me and landed me here today.

Thanks Joe!

Yes i was always sad he left so suddenly as he was a boy of the future. He had so much promise as a future Libera soloist .
Last edited by maartendas on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted Video