Songs of Praise 50th Anniversary celebration

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Songs of Praise 50th Anniversary celebration

Post by Yorkie »

Sorry Michael, it wasn't until after we'd passed you on the way down the hill after the show that I found out who you were otherwise I would have said hello - I was the handsome, well built chap looking after F_D_L and the girls :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

Yorkie wrote:Sorry Michael, it wasn't until after we'd passed you on the way down the hill after the show that I found out who you were otherwise I would have said hello - I was the handsome, well built chap looking after F_D_L and the girls :D
No problem Yorkie - I'm sure we shall meet at one of the UK gigs in ... whenever.

Michael
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Is that Kavanna next to mini Ben?
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote:Is that Kavanna next to mini Ben?
it looks like him :wink:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks for the write-ups and pics Yorkie & Michael.
FanInPlymouth wrote:I've no idea how long they would have waited where they were for their transport as Ally Pally & Muswell Hill suffered total grid-lock!!
Yes, I thought that was going to be a problem with the sheer numbers involved. Luckily I was near the exit so managed to escape early and stroll down to wood-green. I didn't fancy waiting for the shuttle buses. The weather as mentioned was very kind yesterday. Nothing like we get up here in the north lol
but I thought Leanne Rymmes (no idea how to spell her name correctly - and I don't care!) plugging her new single was a bit too self-serving. I look forward to seeing the finished product next week!
She was also on BBC breakfast this morning http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15058459" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; If you don't blink you will see Libera in one of the shots at the front of the stage choir. Should be interesting to see how the 1hr show pans out next week.

P.S. As a late arrival I saw that 'Fuchsia' were performing in the lobby area, just before the show started. I recognised Sam Coates, and Robert Prizeman came up to speak to them. Probably to remind them they were due on stage any second now lol They got a decent round of claps from the small audience milling around before them.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

Murkskis wrote:
dani wrote:Is that Kavanna next to mini Ben?
it looks like him :wink:
Yes, that is Kavana Banana himself next to The Mini One. Kav has a new hair style, which is why he looks different. The profile piccy on his twitter page shows him with his new style.

http://twitter.com/#!/Kavanabanana

M.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

A little video I took of Libera & Fuchsia taking their seats. I think the RSCM Millennium Youth choir were behind them. The stage choir on the other side were the youngsters who won the schools choir competition of the year and some more adult choirs.

[youtube][/youtube]
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

yes it looks like kavana it is him next to ben i thank
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

To save any unecessary duplication of work between members, I thought I would say that I will upload SoP50 to Filesonic on Monday for those unable to see it. I can also upload to YT too if anyone wants me to.

M.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

FanInPlymouth, I think I'm not the only one who would like a YT clip. I'm not familiar with FileSonic.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
YukiBOL

Post by YukiBOL »

Yorkie wrote:Anyway, the highlight of my trip was getting a kiss from Yuki and Momo whilst saying goodbye at Victoria station :wink: I was much further back than Yuki so my photo's are not as good but for those who like this stuff I'll post 'em. Also I was on extreme zoom for my pocket digital so some shots are not in focus unfortunately
I'm honored the highlight of your trip was our kisses. :lol: Thank you for looking after us!
Btw your camera zoom is great! JB looks at you! :D
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

maartendas wrote:FanInPlymouth, I think I'm not the only one who would like a YT clip. I'm not familiar with FileSonic.
Filesonic works exactly the same as Rapidshare or any of the file sharing services. You do not need to be a member.

I will post the download link, you click on it, enter a "captcha" and it will auto-download. Simples!

But I will also upload to YT; Filesonic is there as a backup just in case the BBC block the YT upload.

FiP.
Last edited by FanInPlymouth on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Fabulous! Thank you, thank you for doing that, Michael! We appreciate it soooo much! :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yes, thank you Michael :D Much appreciated!

Also, I read your story of your experience at Alexandra Palace. Thanks for sharing. A very personal and heartfelt story written with care and detail. Good to have you on the forum :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
YukiBOL

Post by YukiBOL »

Thank you, Michael! Looking forward to seeing it on Monday! :D
We might be able to see us in it? :lol: