Philippines 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by dani »

Libera never tell you about the boys who have left. it has always been there policy so asking about them wont get you anywhrere. Its always about the boys privacy first and foremost.

A lot of boys popular boys have left in the last year but the work load has increased. This year they have been on big tours on almost all the school holidays they get.

Flynn
Alfie
James T
Freddie
James M
Luis F ( In the Peace album)
Sere and Mine
libera36

Post by libera36 »

dani wrote:Sere and Mine
It's possible that Sere and Mine will be at the St. George's concert, they don't go on tour with the group, but they might still sing with the choir at St. Philipp's.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

libera36 wrote:
It's possible that Sere and Mine will be at the St. George's concert, they don't go on tour with the group, but they might still sing with the choir at St. Philipp's.
The choir at St. Philip's is distinct from Libera - even if they did sing there, it wouldn't say anything about their status as Libera member.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:

Maybe one will be there but only one sung on the Xmas album.
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

phlibera wrote:I can't wait for them to officially upload "Himig ng Pasko" like they did with "Bayan Ko" back in 2009. Perhaps they could use the Manila footage as the one in Cebu had a lot of mini-applause between lines. I also want to buy the repacked album, which probably won't come out till the original batch of stocks are all disposed of. Ralph's voice was perfect for the solo. Prizeman is a genius!
GAWD, here's hoping that they add more tracks (Eternal Light and Song of Life please! so I can have legit copies! :lol: ) and at least have an edited inlay of sorts for the CD.

One thing I hate about re releases is when the record companies go greedy and just release the same thing with just an additional track here and there. :x
"In the gathering there is strength for all who founder,
renewal for all who languish, love for all who sing."
- Song of All, canto 642
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Moppi wrote:
phlibera wrote:I can't wait for them to officially upload "Himig ng Pasko" like they did with "Bayan Ko" back in 2009. Perhaps they could use the Manila footage as the one in Cebu had a lot of mini-applause between lines. I also want to buy the repacked album, which probably won't come out till the original batch of stocks are all disposed of. Ralph's voice was perfect for the solo. Prizeman is a genius!
GAWD, here's hoping that they add more tracks (Eternal Light and Song of Life please! so I can have legit copies! :lol: ) and at least have an edited inlay of sorts for the CD.

One thing I hate about re releases is when the record companies go greedy and just release the same thing with just an additional track here and there.
:x

Which will happen here. It has to because of "Time Restraints " . Very few people will buy a xmas album after xmas so if they plan to re-package the album then it needs to be soonish or it will be pointless
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

dani wrote: Which will happen here. It has to because of "Time Restraints " . Very few people will buy a xmas album after xmas so if they plan to re-package the album then it needs to be soonish or it will be pointless
I sort of know that's going to be the case (I think this is me bordering on nitpicking on a pet peeve) but at least edit the front cover to make it look distinctly different from the original Christmas Album? I think I'm wishing too much if I'm going to wish that the inlays be overhauled... I mean they probably also produced outtakes for the photoshoot for the vanilla Christmas Album. Since they're probably printing again for the repackaged album, might as well print new stuff! :mrgreen: /nitpick

In contrast to the "re-packaged" New Dawn here that includes "Bayan Ko", New Dawn wasn't really released here so it felt real new.
"In the gathering there is strength for all who founder,
renewal for all who languish, love for all who sing."
- Song of All, canto 642
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

symphonica7 wrote:LOL, I think everyone here is "Obsessive" I'm very close to your age...and I can't get enough of our Liberas..! We are different personalities and we express our love for Libera differently...that is all..
Hahaha! :D I have a very strong gut feeling that if I was only 15 years old (as in right now), I'd be screaming with all the other girls during M&Gs. When I was younger I used to scream myself hoarse whenever I attend boyband concerts. :oops:
skittles

Post by skittles »

Nikki178 wrote:[
Hahaha! :D I have a very strong gut feeling that if I was only 15 years old (as in right now), I'd be screaming with all the other girls during M&Gs. When I was younger I used to scream myself hoarse whenever I attend boyband concerts. :oops:
hey, i take offense to that! :D no i don't really, but i'm 15 and i did not scream at all :p
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

skittles wrote:
Nikki178 wrote:[
hey, i take offense to that! :D no i don't really, but i'm 15 and i did not scream at all :p
I'm not generalizing. :D I only chose the number because by then you're old enough to have crushes and young enough to be younger than the big people. Though I had my first major celebrity crush when I was 10, now that Ithink about it. :D
DeProfundis130

Post by DeProfundis130 »

Fellow Libera Enthusiasts;

Being a Person of close to seventy two years in age, I both marvel upon and to some extent enjoy all the younger members of the Forum's more youthful membership's very intense efforts to be informed to the inth degree as to all of the minutiae matters and items of interest pertinent to Libera overall and in turn each of the Boys as well. I intend here in no way to disparage this.
Yet being of the age I am, I am even so not as yet free of the same inclinations. But I have to struggle with the whys and wherefores of this, what seems to be a natural inclination. This leads me to wonder as to modes of appreciation particular to each of our stages in and and dispositions thereby of our various stages in Life. Consider when we see a flower that at that moment and all else that is unique to that moment, do we pick it for our own exclusive pleasure (possession) or simply continue on, thankful for the moment the Flower allowed us? And as well leave the flower for all else to enjoy as well. Or as with an apple to be fully appreciated, by ingestion.
The Performing members of Libera belonging to a life form several steps removed from that of Flower or Apple, brings the question to an even more complicated level of consideration. One that is perhaps not appropriate to the Forum's Format.
How does own share their gift, long hard work and training over a period of years in a somewhat run of the mill sort of private life not unlike that which most of us enjoy, but then in the course of sharing the fruits of their combined efforts, voluntarily at that, in what I deem to be a most needed and very appropriate Ministry not fall victim to the machinations of the ugly world of Fame. I have here most in mind what Dear Tom Cully has had to endure in the recent past.
I am honestly at a loss for anything that may resemble a proper balance for all the issues I elude to herein. I'd love to be apprised of what most of the younger folks insights and comments might be, yet not to discourage anyone else for sure. Much more can be said here but for now I'd rather leave it as this. At Most I Sincerely hope to see Libera continue to Flower Long, Long into our Future.

Gerald
DeProfundis130
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Just wanted to thank everyone who went to the Philippines concerts and M&G's for sharing their reviews, experiences and pictures. It helps those of us who weren't there to feel a part of it. Though we could not hear Libera singing the songs live along with you, we do have the wonderful "Carol of the Bells" on ASAP Rocks video. Stunning! Thank you, Philippines! :D

Yumiko and Jimmy from Japan sent their pictures from the Cebu concert M&G to share with everyone. Jimmy takes the best pictures. Some are posed and smiling, but others are candids from the side. Just wonderful. There are 50 pics plus 7 of the Shangri-La. If you copy & repost, please credit Jimmy from Japan. :D

http://mini-angels.blogspot.com/2011/11 ... umiko.html
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

A blog from a young Filipino woman named Sonia :)
http://talesoftheeasyrider.blogspot.com ... prise.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This photo deserves a little improvement, I reduced the grain caused by the low light :)

Go check Sonia's blog, she publish other photos :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

fan_de_LoK wrote:A blog from a young Filipino woman named Sonia :)
http://talesoftheeasyrider.blogspot.com ... prise.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This photo deserves a little improvement, I reduced the grain caused by the low light :)

Go check Sonia's blog, she publish other photos :)
I have little difficulties naming the new ones, can someone help me ? :)

From left to right :

First group : Jude, Nano-Ben, Cassius (in the back), Henry (in the back), ? , Michael (?)
Second group : Daniel, Ralph, Alex, Kavana, Liam, Luke, Tiarnan, Eoghan
Third group : Ben, Barney, Jonathan, Matthew RA, Josh, Jakub, Sammy, Stefan
Fourth group : Matthew J, ? (hidden) , Tomas (?) (in the front), Isaac (?), Carlos, Matthew M
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
I have little difficulties naming the new ones, can someone help me ? :)
The simple answer is............no :lol:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love