Philippines 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Lauren
Silver Member

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by Lauren »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:A blog from a young Filipino woman named Sonia :)
http://talesoftheeasyrider.blogspot.com ... prise.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This photo deserves a little improvement, I reduced the grain caused by the low light :)

Go check Sonia's blog, she publish other photos :)
I have little difficulties naming the new ones, can someone help me ? :)

From left to right :

First group : Jude, Nano-Ben, Cassius (in the back), Henry (in the back), ? , Michael (?)
Second group : Daniel, Ralph, Alex, Kavana, Liam, Luke, Tiarnan, Eoghan
Third group : Ben, Barney, Jonathan, Matthew RA, Josh, Jakub, Sammy, Stefan
Fourth group : Matthew J, ? (hidden) , Tomas (?) (in the front), Isaac (?), Carlos, Matthew M
First group: Jude, Nano Ben, Cassius, Henry, Dylan, Tom
Fourth group: Matthew J, Michael, hidden-Ciaran, Isaac, Carlos, Matthew M.

All else correct. :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you Lauren :)

Yorkie, you need to be cured, I prescribe you more UK concerts :mrgreen:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

There is no cure for me F_D_L I'm afraid :wink:

I notice that recordings from Cuba (sic) have now made it on to YouTube. Sound only of that Filipino song.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Thank you Lauren :)

Yorkie, you need to be cured, I prescribe you more UK concerts :mrgreen:

I also need a good dose of, Libera in concert.

St Georges, here we come :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:There is no cure for me F_D_L I'm afraid :wink:

I notice that recordings from Cuba (sic) have now made it on to YouTube. Sound only of that Filipino song.

You are just soooo funny :roll: :mrgreen: :lol:

I am really looking forward to seeing Libera again.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yorkie wrote: I notice that recordings from Cuba (sic) have now made it on to YouTube. Sound only of that Filipino song.
I have *disliked* them and wrote a comment saying "Libera members and staff would greatly appreciate it if you remove this video as they expressly ask their audience not to record their concerts. Thank you." We'll see what happens. The least we can do is express our concern for Libera's wishes.
P.S.: ofcourse the *dislike* was only for the fact that they are bootlegs!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

With regard to my post above, I would like to let everyone know, on behalf of the Moderator and Admin team, that we have added a new rule to the Forum Rules (which you can find here) about the issue of bootleg material:

3. Do not post/attach or link to copyrighted/pirated content including software,movies,music,bootlegs,etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.

So please be aware of this addition to the rules. In the past we have had some discussion after concerts when people posted their own concert recordings. Hopefully this rule will avoid future discussions like this. (Btw: "warez, crackz, etc." are websites where you can find serials to activate software or download cracked software. The terms are used in different ways but it has alltimes to do with piracy.) (I had to ask viabuona what those were :lol: )

---

And now for something completely different - I have been looking at the logo that was used for the promotion of the Philippine concerts as seen on the advertisement discussed before.I think it's very nice :D I wonder who made it and if Libera will adopt it in the future, as it is not the logo we have seen since Peace and now also on the Christmas album:

Philippines logo

Peace/Christmas logo
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Personally I don't like so much the "Libera" used on the controversial Filipino poster and I hope it will no more be used ;)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote:With regard to my post above, I would like to let everyone know, on behalf of the Moderator and Admin team, that we have added a new rule to the Forum Rules (which you can find here) about the issue of bootleg material:

3. Do not post/attach or link to copyrighted/pirated content including software,movies,music,bootlegs,etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.

So please be aware of this addition to the rules. In the past we have had some discussion after concerts when people posted their own concert recordings. Hopefully this rule will avoid future discussions like this. (Btw: "warez, crackz, etc." are websites where you can find serials to activate software or download cracked software. The terms are used in different ways but it has alltimes to do with piracy.) (I had to ask viabuona what those were :lol: )

---

And now for something completely different - I have been looking at the logo that was used for the promotion of the Philippine concerts as seen on the advertisement discussed before.I think it's very nice :D I wonder who made it and if Libera will adopt it in the future, as it is not the logo we have seen since Peace and now also on the Christmas album:

Philippines logo

Peace/Christmas logo
In relation to Libera i assume ?

So just to be Clear you cant link to recordings taken from concerts and so on?! ... what about fan made videos as you are still illegally using Libera's copyright without permission, Is this allowed?

as i'm confused sorry. As you do not state if its just about Libera material or everything under the sun . Where is the line crossed?
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

dani wrote:

So just to be Clear you cant link to recordings taken from concerts and so on?! ... what about fan made videos as you are still illegally using Libera's copyright without permission, Is this allowed?

as i'm confused sorry. As you do not state if its just about Libera material or everything under the sun . Where is the line crossed?
Was wondering about the same thing. We even have a videos & pictures section and a lot of them are copyrighted. Are they all going to be taken down? And what about videos like that of Ronan Parke for example, posted in other musicians section? I just found out about him and other talents through the links other members posted there. If they themselves do not care & do not take those videos out of youtube, why should we be so conscious about it? :?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Benj wrote:
dani wrote:

Was wondering about the same thing. We even have a videos & pictures section and a lot of them are copyrighted. Are they all going to be taken down? And what about videos like that of Ronan Parke for example, posted in other musicians section? I just found out about him and other talents through the links other members posted there. If they themselves do not care & do not take those videos out of youtube, why should we be so conscious about it? :?
Oh no, the fans are revolting :lol:

Trouble at t'mill as they might say in these parts. I agree though, Mods we do need some direction on this as making a montage of Libera photo's set to their music would be breach of copyright and 'piracy'. Do you just mean posting of obviously illegally obtained material (such as recordings made at concerts). Is material freely released by the artist on YouTube ok to use?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I am glad i am not the only one confused as i was worried about posting my fears.
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

Libera just posted their own recording of Himig Ng Pasko on Youtube. :D

That smile on Isaac's face after he finishes his solo is just priceless.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Lumi wrote:Libera just posted their own recording of Himig Ng Pasko on Youtube. :D

I am really glad its up for you guys but i also just want to note that it sucks we never get anything like this when they do concerts anywhere else in the world. Would it be that hard to upload one performance from a concert?.
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

Lumi wrote:Libera just posted their own recording of Himig Ng Pasko on Youtube. :D

I just saw the video! :) omg, I fell in love with Libera all over again. :) thank you for posting the video! :)