Philippines 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Nikki178
Silver Member

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by Nikki178 »

skittles wrote:
Nikki178 wrote:I just bought my ticket! Hahaha. I'm such a loser, I'm going on my own. :lol: I can't convince any of my family or friends to come with me. :|
i will be there. :] whereabouts are you sitting? perhaps you're close by.
Level 1 Right. I wanted to get a seat in the center but it's waaaay to expensive. Hahaha! :) Where will you be?
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

Lauren wrote:I there anyone from the forum going to the Philippine concerts who is not from the Philippines? I know several Japanese fans are going. :D
I'm guessing Japanese people will come. They did during the first concert. And that was with Libera holding a concert in Japan before they came to the Philippines. :D
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

phlibera wrote:
Nikki178 wrote:I just bought my ticket! Hahaha. I'm such a loser, I'm going on my own. :lol: I can't convince any of my family or friends to come with me. :|
Did you tell them it is Christmas-themed? That might get them to go with you. :) You need to convince them some more.
I tried to convince them in 2009 and I got my aunt to watch with me. I tried to convince them in 2010 and I got a friend to watch with me. This year I was thinking of inviting my grandparents to go with me (my aunt says my grandparents would like Libera since they listen to Jackie Evancho and Susan Boyle with the volume turned way up :D ) but PICC is such a loooong way from our house and the concert starts at 8:00PM which is too late for them. :o
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Lauren wrote:I there anyone from the forum going to the Philippine concerts who is not from the Philippines? I know several Japanese fans are going. :D
Hi Lauren
My wife and I are taking a cruise from Beijing to Singapore which arrives in Singapore on the 26th October. Original plans were then to spend a week in Malaysia before returning home. If it was just me, I would definitely shorten the Malaysia trip and go to the Cebu concert on the 28th instead (I've already checked out flights and hotels) but persuading my wife would be a different matter altogether. She likes Libera (she's been to four concerts so far) but has her mind set on the Malaysia trip. She is also more frugal than I am !!!! Anyway, I'm going to do my best to persuade her but will have to choose the moment and my tactics carefully.
John
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

john45 wrote:
Hi Lauren
My wife and I are taking a cruise from Beijing to Singapore which arrives in Singapore on the 26th October. Original plans were then to spend a week in Malaysia before returning home. If it was just me, I would definitely shorten the Malaysia trip and go to the Cebu concert on the 28th instead (I've already checked out flights and hotels) but persuading my wife would be a different matter altogether. She likes Libera (she's been to four concerts so far) but has her mind set on the Malaysia trip. She is also more frugal than I am !!!! Anyway, I'm going to do my best to persuade her but will have to choose the moment and my tactics carefully.
John
Wow, John! How nice that you are in Asia at the perfect time! Could you go to Cebu and then go back to Malaysia? Just trying to keep everyone happy. :lol:

No matter what, I hope you have a wonderful trip! You will be seeing so many amazing places! :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

john45 wrote: Anyway, I'm going to do my best to persuade her but will have to choose the moment and my tactics carefully.
I hope she doesn't read our forum. :mrgreen:
skittles

Post by skittles »

Nikki178 wrote: Level 1 Right. I wanted to get a seat in the center but it's waaaay to expensive. Hahaha! :) Where will you be?
very near you. :] i'll be going with 2 of my friends. how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
Last edited by skittles on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

I also plan on going. It's not so far from my place. Does anyone know where to order the Waterfront tickets yet? They had very briefly put these two venues also on the libera.org.uk page, same style as the USA tour. It was only on for half an hour though, then taken off again.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Lauren wrote:Wow, John! How nice that you are in Asia at the perfect time! Could you go to Cebu and then go back to Malaysia? Just trying to keep everyone happy. :lol:
Be sure to check airfare http://www.cebupacificair.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Not really sure if they are still offering promo fares for that time when Libera is here in the Philippines, but if ever they do, you can sometimes get one-way fare from Singapore to Cebu, or Kuala Lumpur to Cebu for around 2,000 pesos (~$44 US). You can check from time to time for a promo. Or sign up for an email alert. Normal fares would be around 8,000 pesos (~$178 US), almost the same price as the premium seats for the PICC concert. Of course it could go a lot higher the closer the flight date is from when you are buying the tickets. :)
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

john45 wrote:
Hi Lauren
John
Hey John. It'll be great if you visited my country, Malaysia :D.

Charmaine
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

skittles wrote:
Nikki178 wrote: Level 1 Right. I wanted to get a seat in the center but it's waaaay to expensive. Hahaha! :) Where will you be?
very near you. :] i'll be going with 2 of my friends. how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
Hey skittles, not at all. I'm 23 years old with the maturity of a 17-year old. Hahaha! :) You? And where will you be? :D
skittles

Post by skittles »

Nikki178 wrote:
Hey skittles, not at all. I'm 23 years old with the maturity of a 17-year old. Hahaha! :) You? And where will you be? :D
i just turned fifteen :] and that's alright, i occasionally think like a seventeen year old as well, so maybe we'd get along. haha :] our seats are A 20 something i think.
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Nikki178 wrote:
skittles wrote:
wow, i feel old! Will be going to PICC as well, if you want to meet. :D
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

@skittles and @hannah_kirstin : Are you ladies planning on doing the M&G after or on the day before (if they'll hold one)? :)
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

phlibera wrote:
Lauren wrote:Wow, John! How nice that you are in Asia at the perfect time! Could you go to Cebu and then go back to Malaysia? Just trying to keep everyone happy. :lol:
Be sure to check airfare http://www.cebupacificair.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Not really sure if they are still offering promo fares for that time when Libera is here in the Philippines, but if ever they do, you can sometimes get one-way fare from Singapore to Cebu, or Kuala Lumpur to Cebu for around 2,000 pesos (~$44 US). You can check from time to time for a promo. Or sign up for an email alert. Normal fares would be around 8,000 pesos (~$178 US), almost the same price as the premium seats for the PICC concert. Of course it could go a lot higher the closer the flight date is from when you are buying the tickets. :)
There's also Tiger Airways, which, I believe, will be starting their SG-Cebu route on September.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall