Philippines 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by dani »

phlibera wrote:I think you're suggestions are great Benj. I think it's high time that Libera adopts their concert shows for a bigger venue when in Asia. Especially the use of projection screens to show the performers. Perhaps it's a good idea to change their shows a little for the better enjoyment and satisfaction of Asian concert goers, especially that the venues in Asia are generally bigger than their usual venues in Europe and North America and also especially that concert goers here generally pay higher for equivalents seats in their North American concerts.

Good idea's but how much will massive projectors cost them per venue ?

Also with such massive venues it is also easier to illegally record and take photos during a concert so i wonder how they will handle that. I am not saying that will happen but its more of a possibility when you have 1000's instead of 200 to control.

And there is unfortunately no chance that these concerts will be recorded for dvd . But maybe we will get another behind the scenes clips with any up and coming album.

And i am sure it is billed as a " xmas concert" but you will get some regular songs. Eternal Light is bound to be on there has it has that feel to it would slot into a xmas concert.
Far Away has been taken off the set list this year and i do not see it making a come back in Oct. I felt personally it had lost all its magic in the last year and it is one song that did need a rest from concerts.
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Thanks Phlibera. I did look around during that first concert, it was a rousing success of course but i did still see some people napping and some even left early so i suggested about the songs too. They're just suggestions anyway. It's hard to keep awake if you're far away, there's no projector, it's cold and the music is soothing.

I want the new first time goers to want to see Libera again the second time, third time and so on. I want Libera to have a reason to keep on coming back. :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It will be intriguing to see if it being billed an a " xmas concert" will help sales or hinder them. I adore Libera but i do not think i would pay them prices in Oct for a xmas concert and i wonder if even some fans will be put off by it not being a proper libera experience .
Last edited by dani on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Hi Dani! Yeah i think all your prediction most probably would happen- no dvd, we'll hear Eternal Light (yay!) but not Far Away, but anyway it's still worth asking :D

I don't know how those large screen projectors would cost but to be honest, Libera was the first concert i saw that didn't use one to show the performers. That was surprising cause before the show they were already using it showing some Libera clips so people thought they would use it during the concert.

Before the show began there was an audio recording that said recording of the concert is prohibited. That's all it took and as far as i know, nobody made the violation.

And don't worry about the concert being x-mas themed. In the Philippines, christmas begins in September :lol:
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Benj's suggestions are fan-centric so I support them. Ultimately the goal is to make the fans enjoy the concert in a bigger venue setting. To put in context how different the experience is between a church and a concert stage setting, you sit in front rows of these venues and there's no sort of "off the mic" sounds that you hear compared to sitting front rows of church concerts.

Regarding the cost of projectors. No extra cost. They already have them during concerts here. I can't speak for PICC in 2009, but in Waterfront Cebu '09, they had 2 projectors (1 on stage, the one they usually have in concerts, and another 1 on the side, which showed the sponsors before the concert and during the intermission). Besides, corporate sponsors will shoulder the costs of their tour here. It's a matter of adopting their shows for bigger venues.

Regarding illegal recording. It doesn't quite follow that the bigger venue, the easier it is to illegally record the concert. They have event security here. I don't remember any illegal recordings coming out of the '09 concerts in Asia. Unlike the ones in UK, Canada, and the recent US tour where they pop out in YT seemingly out of nowhere.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Benj wrote:Before the show began there was an audio recording that said recording of the concert is prohibited. That's all it took and as far as i know, nobody made the violation.
I can't speak for the ones sitting behind me (and those out of sight that were in front of me), but the ones that sat in front of me in Waterfront '09 generally didn't violate the request. I can only remember 1 audience member attempting to snap a picture in the middle of the encore (Bayan Ko) presentation, but event security was quick to approach the offending person.

I think we behaved admirably under such circumstance. :lol: :roll: It's rare to attend a concert that prohibits taking of photos during performance. Normally, concerts here only prohibit flash photography. But we (from what I saw at least) managed to keep our cameras turned off during the whole thing. Quite a feat, really, as I'm sure most of the audience (including me) brought their cameras with them because they didn't knew then that there's such prohibition.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

phlibera wrote: Regarding illegal recording. It doesn't quite follow that the bigger venue, the easier it is to illegally record the concert. They have event security here. I don't remember any illegal recordings coming out of the '09 concerts in Asia. Unlike the ones in UK, Canada, and the recent US tour where they pop out in YT seemingly out of nowhere.
Not true I'm afraid. There were lots of 'illegal' recordings of the 2009 Philippines concerts, Bayan Ko in particular. I think the illegal posts of that song was the reason Libera released their own version.

I'm not trying to start a fight, but to say there was no illegal recording is just not correct.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

You're probably right. But if there were they weren't as accessible as finding them on youtube right away. Even to this date i haven't seen an actual clip of the Phl concerts except for the ones uploaded by the organizers themselves. Before the official clip of Bayan Ko was released i even wrote the local organizers if i can get or purchase a copy of the concert obviously since i couldn't find one readily available.

It depends on the concert venues. In large theaters like the Cultural Center, Folk Arts, etc they confiscate your camera before you can go in but they give it back to you after the concert. That's why they probably chose PICC casue they're strict there too. In other concert arenas or concert grounds nobody really cares.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

There were a few illegal recordings of Bayan Ko in PICC, which were pulled down within hours/days.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:Not true I'm afraid. There were lots of 'illegal' recordings of the 2009 Philippines concerts, Bayan Ko in particular. I think the illegal posts of that song was the reason Libera released their own version.

I'm not trying to start a fight, but to say there was no illegal recording is just not correct.
Okay, can't speak for PICC and those beyond my point of view in Waterfront, but my point really is when are they going to announce anything official? :lol: :lol:
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

I noticed that the Ticketworld site has described the show as "temporarily off sale".

https://www.ticketworld.com.ph/Online/d ... BBF6FBC2E8

Sold out? Postponed? Cancelled? Curious!

Michael
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

FanInPlymouth wrote:I noticed that the Ticketworld site has described the show as "temporarily off sale".

https://www.ticketworld.com.ph/Online/d ... BBF6FBC2E8

Sold out? Postponed? Cancelled? Curious!

Michael
It cannot be sold out yet... I haven't bought my tickets yet! :| I just called Ticketworld and the they are still not selling tickets. :( I guess they're waiting for the official announcement from Libera.
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

I remember the first PICC concert. We didn't honestly think Libera can fill-out the entire theater so we bought our tickets just a day before the concert. I was tasked to buy since on my way home, i was passing by a mall with a ticketworld outlet. The line was long and when it got to me i found out there were just 6 tickets left! :lol:

There weren't any two or more seats that were next to each other vacant so my friends and i had to sit separately. But that was better cause if i came a few more minutes later we could've missed it entirely, i wouldn't be a Libera fan and history would have been greatly altered :lol:
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Haha, that's a funny and nice anecdote, Benj. Will you try that again this year? Assuming the rumors are realized, of course. :)
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

Benj wrote:I remember the first PICC concert. We didn't honestly think Libera can fill-out the entire theater so we bought our tickets just a day before the concert. I was tasked to buy since on my way home, i was passing by a mall with a ticketworld outlet. The line was long and when it got to me i found out there were just 6 tickets left! :lol:

There weren't any two or more seats that were next to each other vacant so my friends and i had to sit separately. But that was better cause if i came a few more minutes later we could've missed it entirely, i wouldn't be a Libera fan and history would have been greatly altered :lol:
I remember the first one, too. I bought my ticket the a few days after I saw the ad in the newspaper. I wasn't in a hurry since I assumed not that many people knew them. I went to the M&G and not many people attended. I didn't expect them to fill-out the PICC venue. But they did. :D