Libera CD Giveaway Contest!

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

EMImusic

Libera CD Giveaway Contest!

Post by EMImusic »

Hi everyone!
I’m from the U.S. branch of EMI Classics (Libera’s record label), and I just wanted to let you know about a new contest we’re running to celebrate the Libera US Tour that starts tomorrow – the grand prize is an entire Libera discography (all CDs/DVDs the group has released) signed by the boys, and 15 secondary prizes of signed deluxe copies of Peace and posters of the group. The contest web page is at http://www.angelrecords.com/liberatour2011/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and tour details are at http://www.libera.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, please take a look and spread the word!
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to email us at emiclassicsus@gmail.com.

Thanks!
The EMI Classics US Team
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Libera CD Giveaway Contest!

Post by maartendas »

Wonderful, it's great to see this support for the tour! I really appreciate it :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Just noticed in T&C that it is open only to people in the U.S.
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

Hey EMImusic,

I just entered the contest. Unfortunately, all of the tour cities are too far away from me in California, but I think it's great the boys are touring here and wish EMI the best of luck in promoting Libera here in the states. This is the best music I've ever heard, and the vast majority of Americans have never even heard of them.
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"
EMImusic

Post by EMImusic »

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your enthusiastic responses and for entering our contest. Understandably, many of you are unhappy that the contest is only open to those 13 and up in the USA. We wish we could make the contest open to everyone all over the world; unfortunately, we are obliged by law to make it so that only people 13 and over are eligible, and we do not have the mailing capacity to ship CDs to people outside the US at this time because of shipping costs and international restrictions. However, we hope that you’ll spread the word about this contest regardless of where you live, so that people everywhere will be able to discover and enjoy Libera. Also, we're hoping to do another contest like this through the other brances of EMI around the world at some point in the future. Again, please email us at emiclassicsus@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments; we’d love to hear from you.
Best,
The EMI Classics Team
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Whoops, I had already entered...
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

EMImusic wrote:Hi everyone,
Thanks for your enthusiastic responses and for entering our contest. Understandably, many of you are unhappy that the contest is only open to those 13 and up in the USA. We wish we could make the contest open to everyone all over the world; unfortunately, we are obliged by law to make it so that only people 13 and over are eligible, and we do not have the mailing capacity to ship CDs to people outside the US at this time because of shipping costs and international restrictions. However, we hope that you’ll spread the word about this contest regardless of where you live, so that people everywhere will be able to discover and enjoy Libera. Also, we're hoping to do another contest like this through the other brances of EMI around the world at some point in the future. Again, please email us at emiclassicsus@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments; we’d love to hear from you.
Best,
The EMI Classics Team

How can EMI who are worth billions not have the finances to ship CD's overseas?
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Hmm, I like the idea of contest, but I'd be even more happy if some limitations could be lifted :D

If we speak about the shipping costs-
I'll skip the part of complaining and jump directly to solutions :wink:

I just did a small research and found here that international shipping (Standard) costs are $6.89 per 1CD. (domestic shipping 2.98$). The difference for 15 CD's is even less than a hundred ...

If you lift the limitation of 'US only' you could easily raise (right here on the forum) some 'funds' to cover the difference (if that's really the problem) or a lot of fans would be ready to pay for the shipping just to get a signed CD - you could change the limit to the restriction that overseas fans pay shipping by themselves!
EMImusic

Christmas Album Preview!

Post by EMImusic »

Hi Libera Fans!

This is partly addressing issues/questions about the ongoing Libera giveaway contest and to give you guys a preview of Libera's upcoming Christmas album!

We’ve been listening to your responses to our Libera 2011 USA Summer Tour (http://www.angelrecords.com/liberatour2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), and just wanted to address a few things. First off, regarding the over-13 age limit – this is a very strict law that we unfortunately can’t do anything about! Secondly, regarding the USA-only limitation for the contest, this is because we set it up around their US summer tour and budgeted accordingly, and weren’t aware there would be so many requests from overseas to participate! Since the contest has already begun, we can’t legally change it to make it international at this point, but we can tell you that there is a contest in the works for the upcoming Libera Christmas album which we’ll be sure to make available to all countries, so we hope all you international fans can wait until then!

Thank you again for supporting Libera and their wonderful music – to show our appreciation we’d like to offer a free download of a preview track from the upcoming Christmas album, available here: http://www.emiclassics.com/liberaUSA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Enjoy!

Sincerely,
The EMI Classics US Team
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Christmas Album Preview!

Post by maartendas »

EMImusic wrote:
Thank you again for supporting Libera and their wonderful music – to show our appreciation we’d like to offer a free download of a preview track from the upcoming Christmas album, available here: http://www.emiclassics.com/liberaUSA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Enjoy!

Sincerely,
The EMI Classics US Team
Please refer to the Christmas album topic for any discussion regarding the free preview. Thanks ! :)
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

As this contest ended by August 12, 2011 I moved this thread to the 'Chat' Forum.