Found it!
Nice game! Thanks guys! :D

My guess - the song is Holy Night
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Christmas CD

Post by fan_de_LoK »

It is ! :D

Now that the photo begins to be widdely known, and now that Jimmy have opened the box, it's time to try to identify the song ! :)

Here my result trying to improve the score to try to read it :

Based on the title format, the position of the notes on the score, and the fact it's a christmas song, it should be possible to find it :)

And we have a very limited time for that, the news will start to come from the USA very soon now ! :lol:
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Just a try (source- Google search):
http://www.hymnsandcarolsofchristmas.co ... ide-03.jpg

Edit(the next day): Timeout...
The secret picture with the notes is not online any more :wink:
labbie

Post by labbie »

Everyone can speculate as to the title of the score in the picture if they wish. I think I'd rather speculate as to what Christmas carols might be launched into the stratosphere with Libera's trademark ethereal sound. Of course, we have no way of knowing for sure what is going to end up on the CD, but I wouldn't mind hearing one or even two John Rutter carols. Libera did a beautiful job on Mr. Rutter's composition, "Gaelic Blessing(Deep Peace)". I particularly love "Angels' Carol", or "Candlelight Carol", as well as the Rutter arrangement of "O Holy Night". You can hear these carols as performed by the Cambridge Singers, directed by John Rutter, on YouTube. No matter what material is chosen, I am sure the CD will be sought after by Libera's followers, old and new.
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

Wow that was driving me INSANE. I finally figured out what to do (and smacked myself for not getting it quicker). I love little teasers like that. JK Rowling used to do puzzles on her website to "tease" us between Harry Potter releases. I miss that stuff :-(

The music nerd in me is in agony that I can't read the sheet music though. I would LOOOVE to get my hands on some of their music just to look at.
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

i have some wishes for the Christmas album:

maybe the tracks from Aled Christmas Carol album can be on there--I can't play that DVD here in the states, and the audio I have ripped from youtube videos leaves something to be desired.

and from one of their appearances on TV last Christmas, perhaps we will see their full version of "In the Bleak Midwinter" we were all speculating about.

can't wait!!!!!
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Love to hear "Holy Night" !!!!!!!
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Excellent find, Fan de LoK! And great game for us, too. :D

It's hard to see on my phone, but enlarging it, it looks like Holy Night or Holy Light. It could be a secular song, but if not, here's a good source of songs typically used - http://www.hymnsandcarolsofchristmas.co ... festiv.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In looking for 2-word titles, none seems to fit the written music. Could it be that we are looking at a harmony part? Perhaps it's Starry Night. I hear a nice high part in the "Allelujah" section like on the second line. Just a guess.
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

Oh my Goodness, so many good news barraging me at the moment and now this?! :shock:

Here's wishing that it's going to be like Enya's And Winter Came album wherein the songs are winter/christmas inspired but are totally not covers. (YEAH RIGHT, I CAN DREAM)

Oh please not a full concert.... I have no money for a close seat! :lol: But surely I'm gonna get that album if it ain't too Christmas-y....
"In the gathering there is strength for all who founder,
renewal for all who languish, love for all who sing."
- Song of All, canto 642
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

fan_de_LoK wrote:[
Then, having the photo displayed alone in your browser, look what you have and imagine what can be changed ;)
It's very simple :lol:
Even though the hidden photo is not online anymore (according to Murkskis) can you please tell me the final clue? because I'm still at a loss how you guys found it!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Murkskis is right, they removed the photo :)

The clue was very simple : the URL of the public photo displays a "(2)" at the end.
To reach the hidden photo you had just to change the (2) by (1) ;)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Murkskis is right, they removed the photo :)

The clue was very simple : the URL of the public photo displays a "(2)" at the end.
To reach the hidden photo you had just to change the (2) by (1) ;)
Ah, thanks :) I had noticed the (2) but didn't think anything of it because there were 2 pictures ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
EMImusic

Re: Libera CD Giveaway Contest!

Post by EMImusic »

Thank you again for supporting Libera and their wonderful music – to show our appreciation we’d like to offer a free download of a preview track from the upcoming Christmas album, available here: http://www.emiclassics.com/liberaUSA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Enjoy!

Sincerely,
The EMI Classics US Team
Last edited by maartendas on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: took out the part about the CD contest, discussed in other topic
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

EMImusic wrote:Thank you again for supporting Libera and their wonderful music – to show our appreciation we’d like to offer a free download of a preview track from the upcoming Christmas album, available here: http://www.emiclassics.com/liberaUSA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Enjoy!
wow!! Thank you for that :D Sounds fantastic!! I'm in such a Christmas spirit now! Guess I need to crack out Angel Voices 3!
Can't wait for the CD to come out!! :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Joy to the World the Angels sing........

Cheers EMI :D
Last edited by Yorkie on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love