The Christmas Album CD (2011)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: The Christmas Album CD

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I don't think 'Carol of the Bells' needed much more gusto than it was given. 30,000 views on youtube inside a couple of weeks, it's obviously pleasing some people. Gusto.... what does she want trilling 'r's and psychotic chants! When I come home from a hard days work I don't want earache... I want something soothing, relaxing and yes....sugary to be honest. She admitted Still, Still, Still was a highlight and this is hardly a song that requires gusto. So she really needs to make up her mind what she wants. Nothing wrong with Enya - how many millions of records as she sold? Libera often come up with a 'if you like this you'll like that' connection to Enya on music sites.

While i'm in the Christmas CD thread, libera have been interviewed by Classic FM

http://www.classicfm.co.uk/music/interv ... as-spirit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Barney suggests 'How Shall I Sing That Majesty' was the other song recorded by Songs of Praise alongside Still, Still, Still - that woudl fit the Eoghan, Stefan placings on the screen cap too.
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:I don't think 'Carol of the Bells' needed much more gusto than it was given. 30,000 views on youtube inside a couple of weeks, it's obviously pleasing some people. Gusto.... what does she want trilling 'r's and psychotic chants! When I come home from a hard days work I don't want earache... I want something soothing, relaxing and yes....sugary to be honest. She admitted Still, Still, Still was a highlight and this is hardly a song that requires gusto. So she really needs to make up her mind what she wants. Nothing wrong with Enya - how many millions of records as she sold? Libera often come up with a 'if you like this you'll like that' connection to Enya on music sites.
Yes but Enya may be popular but critic wish i don't think she is. Again its to do with the synths s and not " real instruments " issue that pops up a lot.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I actually saw a comment somewhere in the last few days about " Still Still Still " and how the backing music sounds like it belongs in a cheesy soap opera .
treble53

Post by treble53 »

It's a "Salzburg" folk songs from Salzburg, 1819 - http://german.about.com/library/blstillkindlein.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I moved the discussion about the Songs of Praise recording for How Shall I Sing to this new topic

and any discussion about the Classic FM interview video to this new topic

;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:
danieb88 wrote:I didnt think it was a very good review at all :S maybe im miss-reading it but it sounds like they think its generally a bad album? sorry maybe im wrong?
No, you're right - it's a bad review I'm afraid.
I think you need to pay that Tyke who wrote that a visit, Yorkie. :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

phlibera wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
danieb88 wrote:I didnt think it was a very good review at all :S maybe im miss-reading it but it sounds like they think its generally a bad album? sorry maybe im wrong?
No, you're right - it's a bad review I'm afraid.
I think you need to pay that Tyke who wrote that a visit, Yorkie. :lol:
You're making the assumption that it wasn't me writing under a Nom de Plume........
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote:I moved the discussion about the Songs of Praise recording for How Shall I Sing to this new topic

and any discussion about the Classic FM interview video to this new topic

;)
You've linked the same thread their twice Maarten - the Classic FM one needs correcting.

Mercy & Love
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:
phlibera wrote:I think you need to pay that Tyke who wrote that a visit, Yorkie. :lol:
You're making the assumption that it wasn't me writing under a Nom de Plume........
Of course, it wasn't you! Yorkie IS your pen name. :wink:
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote:I actually saw a comment somewhere in the last few days about " Still Still Still " and how the backing music sounds like it belongs in a cheesy soap opera .
fan_de_LoK wrote:On the (Yorkshire) Evening Post, a dynamic review of the the Christmas Album :)

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/l ... _1_4041585" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
umm, the critics are not very positive lately :(
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

phlibera wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
phlibera wrote:I think you need to pay that Tyke who wrote that a visit, Yorkie. :lol:
Of course, it wasn't you! Yorkie IS your pen name. :wink:
No Yorkie is my real name - Mr Yorkie Pudding Esquire

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Murkskis wrote:
dani wrote:I actually saw a comment somewhere in the last few days about " Still Still Still " and how the backing music sounds like it belongs in a cheesy soap opera .
fan_de_LoK wrote:On the (Yorkshire) Evening Post, a dynamic review of the the Christmas Album :)

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/l ... _1_4041585" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
umm, the critics are not very positive lately :(

I do not think the critics have ever been huge fans of theirs... I am sure somebody on here can prove me wrong . But they are seen as pretty cheesy and not what real choir music should be about. So the critics compare them and of course they do not match up . They are a choir of sorts but are more pop than proper choir music. But they are not marketed as such so then get knocked for what they put out because they dont compare to other choirs in the country.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote:get knocked for what they put out because they dont compare to other choirs in the country.
That's the point. I thought that being unique is more like an advantage. But that doesn't always apply.
Critics keep comparing them to their favourites. Some kind of bias, isn't it?
IMO such behaviour is acceptable on fan forums only :mrgreen:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Murkskis wrote:
dani wrote:get knocked for what they put out because they dont compare to other choirs in the country.
That's the point. I thought that being unique is more like an advantage. But that doesn't always apply.
Critics keep comparing them to their favourites. Some kind of bias, isn't it?
IMO such behaviour is acceptable on fan forums only :mrgreen:

Well i guess any press is good press. It means there name is out there .
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

. god knows what i've done here
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez