hi! im new!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Julia
Silver Member

Re: hi! im new!

Post by Julia »

Rebecca (: wrote:[Lots and lots and lots of begging :lol: I wrote a huge report as to why I should go, and made a slide show and everything... Plus it just so happened it was over Spring Break, so I think that helped as well. My mom ended up taking my sister and I to London for the week, mainly for the concert, but also because she'd been wanting to go back for a while (she was born there). And yah, I was really surprised it all worked out :lol: cause I didn't think it would!
hmm.. that is a good question... I guess my mom could see that I finally found something that made me happy... plus I began buying all their CDs and such, so she could tell I was really into their music...? sorry, I'm horrid at explaining things!
Thanks For the tips and good ideas Rebecca :D Mabe I should try writing a report... I haven't tried that yet! I have already bought a bunch of their discs, so, in time, mabe my parents will come to recognize how much this means to me( which is, quite ALOT :wink: ) Thanks again!
Hope that the Texas concerts go well :D
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

danncer96 wrote:I live so close to new York city!! I live on Long Island so that would be like the most amazing thing ever because I actually really be able to go to one... But let's just hope that happens now lol. My mom actually printed out the letter I sent her.. So maybe she's saving for good reasons.... Hmmmmmmmm I'll just wait and see. And my family always says they can't afford to go places, but we have gone to several places this year.. So you might be able to! You never know!
Yep, you never know!
I am glad that your Mom sounds hopeful. The fact that she printed out your letter sounds like she thinks your very serious!
Mabe someday, we'll all meet up at concerts :) that would be cool!
Keep your fingers crossed :D
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
Liv Castor

Post by Liv Castor »

Szepilona wrote:
that's me too :( (or at least close enough...Pittsburgh would be good :) )
Aww, yeah. At least we all live in or near major cities and states-- not in the middle of nowhere! :P
That certaintly increases our Libera-seeing chances! :D

It helps (when no one's around) to crank up Libera as high as it will go on your stereo, ipod, etc.-- then it's kind of like a concert. I do that all the time! Ha ha :lol:
"[Singing] makes me feel like I'm on top of the world....'cause when I start singing I don't really care about what's happening... I just sing what I have to sing and I find it to be a release from real life."
--Liam Connery

http://inspiredinmusic.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Twitter-- "inspiredinmusic"
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

Liv Castor wrote:

It helps (when no one's around) to crank up Libera as high as it will go on your stereo, ipod, etc.-- then it's kind of like a concert. I do that all the time! Ha ha :lol:

I always wait to be home alone so I can blast my libera playlist!!
Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

Julia wrote: I am glad that your Mom sounds hopeful. The fact that she printed out your letter sounds like she thinks your very serious!
Mabe someday, we'll all meet up at concerts :) that would be cool!
Keep your fingers crossed :D
that would be awesome. Meeting actual people that like libera who are the same age as I am?! That would be so cool.
Everywhere around you
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

danncer96 wrote:
Liv Castor wrote:

I always wait to be home alone so I can blast my libera playlist!!
I always listen to Libera when I'm cleaning...it makes it more bearable (though not for those around my room...my siblings tend to be annoyed with my choice of music...their loss!)
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

Edit:(you can completely ignore this)

When I am ready, I want to show my mom 2 libera songs. I have a couple of songs in mine
1. Joy to the world
2. You were there
3. Eternal light
4. Love and mercy

feel free to add suggestions of your own! :D
Last edited by emmaclaire on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everywhere around you
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

my mom was kinda impressed when I started singing in Latin while listening to songs like Adoramus and Sancte (my favorite...for the moment :wink: ) but she isn't really into listening to music and she probably thinks that I'm going to 'grow' out of Libera soon like I did with other artists, the difference with Libera is that I bought CD's of them (with my money). As long as you keep listening to Libera, they're bound to notice that you are passionate about Libera and will hopefully warm up to "heaven's most angelic choir" :D
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

(you can ignore my post from above)
Okay, so last night my grandpa drove me to dance because my mom wasn't home yet. We are literally at the light right before my dance studio when he says to me, "So mommy tells me you like new band or choir?" Now my first instinct was actually to say no because that's what I've been doing for a year. Then he says,"They're called Leebera? How do you pronounce it?" (it was like nails on a chalkboard.) So I told him how to correctly say it. Then I said that they sang for the Pope at the 2008 mass at Yankee stadium. He said he didn't remember. Then he says to me (because he works at a library) he'd get me CDs if they had any. I honestly don't want any CDs. I have like 80+ songs on my iPod. I have the entire peace album and almost close to finishing every other album (I ran out of iTunes money). So then at dance I texted my mom because I was angry that she would tell my grandpa because I wanted her to keep it private between us and I asked why she told him. She said because she was asking him if he still got free tickets. So I said, "I guarntee he doesn't get their concert tickets." and she said "Not concert tickets, plane tickets." I was like WOAH. This was all happening to quick. And today she told me that she's going to have a talk with me about it. Oh boy.
Everywhere around you
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

Szepilona wrote:I always listen to Libera when I'm cleaning...it makes it more bearable (though not for those around my room...my siblings tend to be annoyed with my choice of music...their loss!)
I do the same thing. I almost always have Libera playing when I"m cleaning the house. It's just nice and relaxing.
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

Why would you be so ashamed of liking Libera?? If he's offering to get you CDs, you should take him up on that! Just tell him what you have already. There's no reason to get angry over such things. Honestly, who cares what anyone thinks of the music you like? I get teased every day by a guy I work with about my "little boys" and you know what? It doesn't bother me in the least bit. One, I know he's only joking around and two, he even said he'd love to go to the concert this Sunday but he's out of town. Anyone who doesn't normally like Libera's style of music at all that I've played their music for has admitted to liking it even if they won't listen to it regularly. If you have the chance to get to a concert, make sure you take your mom (and grandpa too) so they can see exactly what it is you like about Libera. My mom normally listens to things like Insane Clown Posse....she owns a copy of New Dawn because she loved the concert she went to last year so much.
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

Jenn wrote:Why would you be so ashamed of liking Libera?? If he's offering to get you CDs, you should take him up on that! Just tell him what you have already. There's no reason to get angry over such things. Honestly, who cares what anyone thinks of the music you like? I get teased every day by a guy I work with about my "little boys" and you know what? It doesn't bother me in the least bit. One, I know he's only joking around and two, he even said he'd love to go to the concert this Sunday but he's out of town. Anyone who doesn't normally like Libera's style of music at all that I've played their music for has admitted to liking it even if they won't listen to it regularly. If you have the chance to get to a concert, make sure you take your mom (and grandpa too) so they can see exactly what it is you like about Libera. My mom normally listens to things like Insane Clown Posse....she owns a copy of New Dawn because she loved the concert she went to last year so much.

I am in no way ashamed of liking Libera. It's just that I was nervous to how people would react at first. But I am not ashamed, at all. I did take my grandpa up on it. He is trying to get the CDs. I wasn't actually angry, it's actually something with my mom that I we have against each other, she never keeps a secret, so I was just proving it to her. The letter I sent her was private and so I was just a little like, in shock. Recently though I have been more open about it to people, like right now I am typing this in front of my sister, who actually just called me weird, but I was like, "You're weird." Hehe. I've only showed Libera to, 2 people, my best friend and my sister. My friend said she likes it, and whenever I am over, she asks to listen to it, but she doesn't like them as much as I do. My sister won't admit to liking it, but she did listen to like 20 songs the other day, she didn't say anything about it. But usually when she doesn't say anything, she likes it. My goal is to go to a concert before I'm 16. That's next year, so I think I'm good, because my mom is jumping on it now. I would definitely take my mom and little sister. Maybe my dad, if he wants to. My grandma and grandpa, actually I think they would really enjoy it! That's a good idea! Thanks! But yeah, I'm not ashamed, I'm just nervous. My sister is actually being accepting right now! I'll get the CDs and listen to them and enjoy them (obviously). And start letting people know.
Everywhere around you
Liv Castor

Post by Liv Castor »

danncer96 wrote:
I am in no way ashamed of liking Libera. It's just that I was nervous to how people would react at first. But I am not ashamed, at all. I did take my grandpa up on it. He is trying to get the CDs. I wasn't actually angry, it's actually something with my mom that I we have against each other, she never keeps a secret, so I was just proving it to her. The letter I sent her was private and so I was just a little like, in shock. Recently though I have been more open about it to people, like right now I am typing this in front of my sister, who actually just called me weird, but I was like, "You're weird." Hehe. I've only showed Libera to, 2 people, my best friend and my sister. My friend said she likes it, and whenever I am over, she asks to listen to it, but she doesn't like them as much as I do. My sister won't admit to liking it, but she did listen to like 20 songs the other day, she didn't say anything about it. But usually when she doesn't say anything, she likes it. My goal is to go to a concert before I'm 16. That's next year, so I think I'm good, because my mom is jumping on it now. I would definitely take my mom and little sister. Maybe my dad, if he wants to. My grandma and grandpa, actually I think they would really enjoy it! That's a good idea! Thanks! But yeah, I'm not ashamed, I'm just nervous. My sister is actually being accepting right now! I'll get the CDs and listen to them and enjoy them (obviously). And start letting people know.

I think that the important thing is to let your parents see how happy you are when you listen to Libera. Maybe if they see that you are carefree whenever you listen to one of their songs, they would understand how important Libera is to you... and they might be glad to talk about it. I do think that you should tell people about Libera, because it's like telling them about a bit of yourself. If they don't like it, what does that matter? You like it! :D
"[Singing] makes me feel like I'm on top of the world....'cause when I start singing I don't really care about what's happening... I just sing what I have to sing and I find it to be a release from real life."
--Liam Connery

http://inspiredinmusic.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Twitter-- "inspiredinmusic"
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Liv Castor wrote:
danncer96 wrote:

I think that the important thing is to let your parents see how happy you are when you listen to Libera. Maybe if they see that you are carefree whenever you listen to one of their songs, they would understand how important Libera is to you... and they might be glad to talk about it. I do think that you should tell people about Libera, because it's like telling them about a bit of yourself. If they don't like it, what does that matter? You like it! :D
I have told quite a few people about Libera and generally at first they are skeptical, but I have gotten a few friends to like them :) I agree that you should tell people about it and who knows, maybe they'll fall in love with Libera too! :D
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Hello and welcome to all the NEW MEMBERS!!!! Hope to get to know all of you if I don't already from another site....God Bless!
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."