hi! im new!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Liv Castor

Re: hi! im new!

Post by Liv Castor »

danncer96 wrote: Me too! In September, September 4th to be exact (:
Cool! Does that sort of put a bright side on going back to school? :D
danncer96 wrote: ...You said that Libera was in traveling distance when they were in New York... do you live in New York?! That would be awesome because I live in New York. lol.
I live in the Philadelphia region. So, even if they came to New York, I could still travel to one of their concerts! :P
danncer96 wrote: I've known about Libera for a year now, so exact same thing, when they were in New York I couldn't go. And I do follow dearmadine. huge fan!!! I also follow mini angels. She's really good too! http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did hear something about Libera coming to the East Coast sometime soon.... they said something like "It's in the works". Yay!

I've seen mini angels. I love it! It's so awesome that there are so many Libera sites out there. And they all are pretty updated! It's quite fun!
danncer96 wrote: I live in a town where everyone is fake and you have to look amazing all the time, so I really can't tell anyone about Libera because people are sooo judgmental. I really am happy that I found kids my age that are Libera fans. Finally! It's so awesome! I know that you don't live near me, like Rebecca I know you live in Texas, (sorry that's a little creepy.. loll) but it's still really awesome that I "know" you! :D :lol:

It's really a shame when people are so judgmental about your appearance, what music you listen to, etc. For me, Libera is a big part of my life-- so if people don't understand why I like them, it's kinda like they don't understand me.... :(
So it's really great that you can literally talk to Libera fans around the world on this site... and "friend" them as well. It's soooo cool!! :-) Fun everything!!
"[Singing] makes me feel like I'm on top of the world....'cause when I start singing I don't really care about what's happening... I just sing what I have to sing and I find it to be a release from real life."
--Liam Connery

http://inspiredinmusic.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Twitter-- "inspiredinmusic"
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Liv Castor wrote:
danncer96 wrote: I live in a town where everyone is fake and you have to look amazing all the time, so I really can't tell anyone about Libera because people are sooo judgmental. I really am happy that I found kids my age that are Libera fans. Finally! It's so awesome! I know that you don't live near me, like Rebecca I know you live in Texas, (sorry that's a little creepy.. loll) but it's still really awesome that I "know" you! :D :lol:
It's really a shame when people are so judgmental about your appearance, what music you listen to, etc. For me, Libera is a big part of my life-- so if people don't understand why I like them, it's kinda like they don't understand me.... :(
So it's really great that you can literally talk to Libera fans around the world on this site... and "friend" them as well. It's soooo cool!! :-) Fun everything!!
Yes it's a pity not everyone will understand Libera, or at least not right away. Because it's amazing what they show to young people - they're basically saying, hey - this is what young kids can do! it's really inspiring and I often think if I could get a time capsule I would travel back to my childhood and join a choir somewhere (I'm in one now though ;)). The boys learn a lot from being in a choir - musically, creatively, socially etc. And at a young age too, which is great - much more worthwhile than trying to look or act cool all the time. So - for all you young Libera fans, keep it up! :)
I remember on Mini Angels, Lexi said something about two boys who were babysitting and were thrilled to see kids their own age sing so well, on a big stage and everything. It's definitely something to look up to but also a message to put across: hey, you could do this too! It's been said before in different interviews with the boys and behind-the-scenes videos: "people should know that boys our age can sing this high, they just don't know they can do it." This goes for girls as well - people are not always aware what talents they have, and Libera shows how great it is to find that out :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Liv Castor

Post by Liv Castor »

maartendas wrote:
Yes it's a pity not everyone will understand Libera, or at least not right away. Because it's amazing what they show to young people - they're basically saying, hey - this is what young kids can do! it's really inspiring and I often think if I could get a time capsule I would travel back to my childhood and join a choir somewhere (I'm in one now though ;)). The boys learn a lot from being in a choir - musically, creatively, socially etc. And at a young age too, which is great - much more worthwhile than trying to look or act cool all the time. So - for all you young Libera fans, keep it up! :)
I remember on Mini Angels, Lexi said something about two boys who were babysitting and were thrilled to see kids their own age sing so well, on a big stage and everything. It's definitely something to look up to but also a message to put across: hey, you could do this too! It's been said before in different interviews with the boys and behind-the-scenes videos: "people should know that boys our age can sing this high, they just don't know they can do it." This goes for girls as well - people are not always aware what talents they have, and Libera shows how great it is to find that out :)
:D Cool!
I think that if more kids today knew about Libera, the boy's behaviour as well as their appearance would make a big impression on them. The world would certaintly be a better place if all of it's kids had the same maturity, politness, and ability to speak well that the boys demonstrate in every interview.That would be awesome! It's quite humbling that a twelve year old in Libera might have better behaviour than an average sixteen year old could.
"[Singing] makes me feel like I'm on top of the world....'cause when I start singing I don't really care about what's happening... I just sing what I have to sing and I find it to be a release from real life."
--Liam Connery

http://inspiredinmusic.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Twitter-- "inspiredinmusic"
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

maartendas wrote:
Liv Castor wrote:
Very true!
Thanks for writing in maartendas, and thanks for the advice and encouragement :D
The world today puts such alot of emphasis on fitting in and being cool. Sometimes, it does make it very hard for us teens who wish to be different!!
Libera is such a example to us all of how being different is actually a very good thing! If more people strived to be like them in attitude, alot of problems would be solved,and the world would be a better place :)
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

yeah, this must be the teens' forum...I'm 15 (16 in 40 days!! :D ) My family (well my youngest-older sister and my little brother anyway) think that I am insane for listening to "little boys who think that they are girls sing" (direct quote from my brother, he's 11, maybe he's just jealous? :wink: )...oh well I do have an ally with my oldest sister (a classically trained soprano) while she is not a huge follower like I am, she can appreciate their fantastic voices!
Liv Castor

Post by Liv Castor »

Szepilona wrote:yeah, this must be the teens' forum...I'm 15 (16 in 40 days!! :D ) My family (well my youngest-older sister and my little brother anyway) think that I am insane for listening to "little boys who think that they are girls sing" (direct quote from my brother, he's 11, maybe he's just jealous? :wink: )...oh well I do have an ally with my oldest sister (a classically trained soprano) while she is not a huge follower like I am, she can appreciate their fantastic voices!
:D

I just think, well, Libera's important to me, so I can think that they're totally awesome, even if my friends and family don't! :wink:
Thankfully, my family is very early music oriented-- things like boy's choirs and choral music-- so that makes Libera a little easier for them to understand. But they still can't really grasp why I'm a Libera fanatic! :lol:
--Liam Connery

emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

No one in my family has an actual background in music. My dad used to sing in the high school chorus (not like a choir) and he used to be in plays during high school as well, but nothing too big. Like I said before, in my town if you dare to be different, you'll definitely pay for it. So my family is very mainstream when it comes to music. My younger sister strictly listens to pop and rap, which I don't mind at all, it's just that I prefer libera. My mom listens to country a lot, but that's because all of her friends do, too. My dad is very old school and listens to a lot of classic rock music, so all of these styles are very different from libera's style. My mom would support me liking libera the most because she has such an open mind and likes that I listen to more respectable music than your average rapper nowadays. My dad wouldn't care either, but then again anything I tell my dad goes in one ear out the other :lol: My sister is very difficult to impress. First off, my sister thinks she's older than I am, because of her height. I am 5'6". She is 5'11" and she is 12 years old, 13 in January. She's also 105 lbs so she looks taller. She hangs out with my friends all the time. Since she acts soo mature for her age, she is very much like the average 16 year old girl in this town. Once and a while she will catch me on this website, and roll her eyes. Other times I will catch her reading what I am reading. If she catches me listening to libera she will either a) take the earphones put of my iPod and play it out loud. b) listen to it with earphones. Or c) stop it. Sometimes she doesn't mind me listening to them, other times she actually will yell at me.. Lol. I've only told one friend about them. She likes them!! But she finds it weird how much I like them and she only listens to one song, Far Away. So obviously I get no support whatsoever. But that's why I go on here!!
Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

danncer96 wrote:No one in my family has an actual background in music. My dad used to sing in the high school chorus (not like a choir) and he used to be in plays during high school as well, but nothing too big. Like I said before, in my town if you dare to be different, you'll definitely pay for it. So my family is very mainstream when it comes to music. My younger sister strictly listens to pop and rap, which I don't mind at all, it's just that I prefer libera. My mom listens to country a lot, but that's because all of her friends do, too. My dad is very old school and listens to a lot of classic rock music, so all of these styles are very different from libera's style. My mom would support me liking libera the most because she has such an open mind and likes that I listen to more respectable music than your average rapper nowadays. My dad wouldn't care either, but then again anything I tell my dad goes in one ear out the other :lol: My sister is very difficult to impress. First off, my sister thinks she's older than I am, because of her height. I am 5'6". She is 5'11" and she is 12 years old, 13 in January. She's also 105 lbs so she looks taller. She hangs out with my friends all the time. Since she acts soo mature for her age, she is very much like the average 16 year old girl in this town. Once and a while she will catch me on this website, and roll her eyes. Other times I will catch her reading what I am reading. If she catches me listening to libera she will either a) take the earphones put of my iPod and play it out loud. b) listen to it with earphones. Or c) stop it. Sometimes she doesn't mind me listening to them, other times she actually will yell at me.. Lol. I've only told one friend about them. She likes them!! But she finds it weird how much I like them and she only listens to one song, Far Away. So obviously I get no support whatsoever. But that's why I go on here!!
Wow... it sounds like your family doesn't know what their missing out on!
Have you been able to convince your Mom to let you go to any concerts yet? It is great that there are places like the forum where everyone can just be themselves, and not have to worry about other people's opinions :D
the water sighs for me
The fountain overflows

O living fountain

emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

Julia wrote: Wow... it sounds like your family doesn't know what their missing out on!
Have you been able to convince your Mom to let you go to any concerts yet? It is great that there are places like the forum where everyone can just be themselves, and not have to worry about other people's opinions :D

I haven't actually convinced my mom yet to go, but oh what did happen, it sounds pretty promising! I wish my family would listen to them because I feel like we would be a lot more peaceful and happy lol. Have you ever been to a concert?
Everywhere around you
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

danncer96 wrote:
Julia wrote: Wow... it sounds like your family doesn't know what their missing out on!

I haven't actually convinced my mom yet to go, but oh what did happen, it sounds pretty promising! I wish my family would listen to them because I feel like we would be a lot more peaceful and happy lol. Have you ever been to a concert?
Nope, I have never been to a concert :(
my parents and sisters don't mind that I love Libera, but they say that we can't afford to travel very far to go to a concert. They kinda think that in order for me to go, Libera has to come to my state, which, as of yet, has not happened. Well, they really don't understand just how much Libera means to me :(
I have heard that they might be coming to New York City in the future, so mabe I could go then!
I hope that it works out for you!
the water sighs for me
The fountain overflows

O living fountain

Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Julia wrote: They kinda think that in order for me to go, Libera has to come to my state, which, as of yet, has not happened.
Well, that's what my mom said to me, a few years ago, and then they came, twice, and I had to miss them, but now I've already seen two concerts - both times out of the country (UK and Canada)! So you never know :D I hope you'll be able to see them again real soon, along with everyone else wanting to!!! :D :D
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

Rebecca (: wrote: Well, that's what my mom said to me, a few years ago, and then they came, twice, and I had to miss them, but now I've already seen two concerts - both times out of the country (UK and Canada)! So you never know :D I hope you'll be able to see them again real soon, along with everyone else wanting to!!! :D :D
No way!!
How come you were able to go to a concert that was in the UK? Did your family take you over to see the concert, or were you already there, and Libera just happened to be performing during your stay? How did you manage to convince them that Libera means so much to you? That is so cool :D
the water sighs for me
The fountain overflows

O living fountain

emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

I live so close to new York city!! I live on Long Island so that would be like the most amazing thing ever because I actually really be able to go to one... But let's just hope that happens now lol. My mom actually printed out the letter I sent her.. So maybe she's saving for good reasons.... Hmmmmmmmm I'll just wait and see. And my family always says they can't afford to go places, but we have gone to several places this year.. So you might be able to! You never know!
Everywhere around you
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Julia wrote:No way!! How come you were able to go to a concert that was in the UK? Did your family take you over to see the concert, or were you already there, and Libera just happened to be performing during your stay? How did you manage to convince them that Libera means so much to you? That is so cool :D

Lots and lots and lots of begging :lol: I wrote a huge report as to why I should go, and made a slide show and everything... Plus it just so happened it was over Spring Break, so I think that helped as well. My mom ended up taking my sister and I to London for the week, mainly for the concert, but also because she'd been wanting to go back for a while (she was born there). And yah, I was really surprised it all worked out :lol: cause I didn't think it would!
hmm.. that is a good question... I guess my mom could see that I finally found something that made me happy... plus I began buying all their CDs and such, so she could tell I was really into their music...? sorry, I'm horrid at explaining things!
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Julia wrote:
danncer96 wrote:

Nope, I have never been to a concert :(
my parents and sisters don't mind that I love Libera, but they say that we can't afford to travel very far to go to a concert. They kinda think that in order for me to go, Libera has to come to my state, which, as of yet, has not happened. Well, they really don't understand just how much Libera means to me :(
I have heard that they might be coming to New York City in the future, so mabe I could go then!
I hope that it works out for you!
that's me too :( (or at least close enough...Pittsburgh would be good :) )