anyone able to sing like libera?

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Narnian

Re: anyone able to sing like libera?

Post by Narnian »

Candid wrote:When I discovered libera I immediately tried singing salva me and always with you.
LOL... Salva me is one of the vocally highest songs.
Its possible to sing till the age of 12 maybe. :lol: :roll:

A great song by Mr. Snelling!! :roll:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Post by illuminaperpetua »

I can! I couldn't hit all the high notes at first, but I practised and now I can go all the way up to that high not in Voca me! :o
And my sister can go even higher! she likes to take different libera songs and sing them higher! I don't know how much higher, but it sounds like a chipmunk when she does it! :lol: she's got a video up on youtube, her username is illuminosaimmortalis and the video is called "SING CHIPMUNK!" if any one would like to see it! and, if you can't find it, record 'Stay with me' onto your computer click "increase speed" and you'll get the idea! :wink:
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Narnian wrote:
Candid wrote:When I discovered libera I immediately tried singing salva me and always with you.
LOL... Salva me is one of the vocally highest songs.
Its possible to sing till the age of 12 maybe. :lol: :roll:

A great song by Mr. Snelling!! :roll:
I think a 13 year old could probably do it, it just depends on the person!
Like on 'Luminosa' I'm pretty sure that Ben and Steven were singing the high notes on that CD, and they were both about 14 I think!
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

illuminaperpetua wrote: I think a 13 year old could probably do it, it just depends on the person!
Like on 'Luminosa' I'm pretty sure that Ben and Steven were singing the high notes on that CD, and they were both about 14 I think!
yeah, ok :) I agree :) But don't forget that they were lil' professionals :)
I said about non-professional voices... like yours and mine :lol:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Narnian wrote:
illuminaperpetua wrote: I think a 13 year old could probably do it, it just depends on the person!
Just because I'm not a professinal dosn't mean I can't go that high! I'm 16 and I can go higher! Have you ever heard Voca me or Wings of a Dove? I can hit the high notes in both of those songs! It dosn't have anything to do with wether or not you've been trained but everything to do with natural talent! ...I used to be a contralto but I pushed myself until I could go higher...with no real training to speak of! Voice lesson aren't what make people good it's their natural talent that determines whether they can sing or not.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

It is possible to sing high with a lower voice. You have all heard Joe speak. He has a low voice.
From what I understand from my friend, Michael H.'s voice had changed several months before he was moved to the back row. As a trained singer, he, and probably everyone in the choir, was able to sing higher with lower voices.
I have a 50 year old man's voice yet, I can do a pretty good falsetto if need be. It will never be mistaken for a boy's trebel but I can sing fairly high if the song calls for it. Drives the choir director at my church nuts because I won't join her choir because she has heard me sing. I dislike their usual choice of music to perform.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
yo-tiffa-gurt

Post by yo-tiffa-gurt »

no way!! well yes... and no, I'm a soprano and a girl so really i will never loose my soprano voice (if i were a boy that didn't have any training as a soprano, my voice would be jumping around at the moment finding where it should be.) I have been training my voice since the age of five and yes, can sing VERY high. i mean, a boy soprano's voice has a very unique quality to it, so I can immitate it, however it's not my normal singing voice. People often think that I'm an alto because of my speaking voice, which is borderline avg to low Singing has always been a hobby of mine, so i do just randomly burst out into song. I guess if you stuck me in a wig and a white robe i could pass for a very ugly libera boy that has a voice even more like a girl than the rest of them... huh...strange thought :? :? :? :D
dance like no one is watching,
sing like no one is listening,
and live life to the fullest.
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

illuminaperpetua wrote:
Narnian wrote:
Just because I'm not a professinal dosn't mean I can't go that high! I'm 16 and I can go higher! Have you ever heard Voca me or Wings of a Dove? I can hit the high notes in both of those songs! It dosn't have anything to do with wether or not you've been trained but everything to do with natural talent! ...I used to be a contralto but I pushed myself until I could go higher...with no real training to speak of! Voice lesson aren't what make people good it's their natural talent that determines whether they can sing or not.
Very interesting.... are you a contratenor? I think that type of voice is fascinating but a little eerie when listening to it. Here's a sample of a contratenor singing the Caccini's Ave Maria
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
bar
Silver Member

Post by bar »

I actually couldn't find too many Libera songs on YouTube, although I did find this:

[youtube][/youtube]

I have to say, it's a really beautiful cover. From the voice, I can't tell if it's a male or female voice though. A few members on the French Libera forums speculate that it may possibly be a 15-year old boy, or around that age.

I'm not sure, but anyway it's really good. Apparently she/he used, like, a $1 microphone to record it! Wow!
PokutePyon

Post by PokutePyon »

Yaaaay! I can! I wasn't ever trained to sing Choral and only taught myself after listening to Libera. I can sing all the notes, including all the highest ones, but that it took me aaaaaages to increase my range that much, haha. I have a video on my Facebook of a very bad performance of me doing 'You Were There' on Facebook (many fans on this website have seen it). It was my first EVER solo singing performance and I had a horrible sore throat that day. =( I MIGHT record 'Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep' and 'You Were There' sometime but the recording will be rubbish as it will only be recorded in my school studio. =P
Caaassy

Post by Caaassy »

I was able to sing like them, when i still was in a choir :) I'm pretty sure i still can actually, i just don't really try that hard ^^ (but, then again, i'm a girl, so it's easier :p)
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

Well I do try to sing along with Libera songs, but only when I am alone in my car, ha ha. I used to be quite involved in choir during high school and university, but had not sung for a few years, so it took a while for the notes to come back. I am also able to control my voice better now that I've been singing a bit more lately, and switch between mid-chest voice and head voice much more easily. Still, I cannot sing every note Libera sings so sometimes I try and pick out the middle harmonies and sing those instead. I used to be a Soprano I, but now I think my range is more Soprano II, although my vocal range is not too bad (down to the E below middle C and up to the C two octaves above; sorry I don't know the musical notation). My comfortable singing range is more like the G below middle C up to the G or A two octaves above middle C.

It's very fun to sing Libera songs though. I do enjoy "Stay With Me". I have tried both the main solo and the high notes, which is fun. And I like singing "Sanctus" as well. I usually sing the middle harmonies though I've tried the top bit as well. Oh and of course I've tried my hand at singing some of the new songs from Peace.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

plumpuff6 wrote:C.

It's very fun to sing Libera songs though. I do enjoy "Stay With Me". I have tried both the main solo and the high notes, which is fun. And I like singing "Sanctus" as well. I usually sing the middle harmonies though I've tried the top bit as well. Oh and of course I've tried my hand at singing some of the new songs from Peace.

I have beeen able to sing the main solo(can't sing that descant for my life!) quite well just an octave lower :( I'm able to sing it with Joe and/or Ed in their range :shock: but it sounds a little bit squeaky :x my range use to be Bass 1 to Mezzo Soprano.....now because I had stopped singing I'm down to just being a Baritone-Tenor 2 :evil:
Jyaire

Post by Jyaire »

Hello,

I wondered about this if there are instrumental versions or piano accompaniment to sing Libera with children ...
I am indeed a teacher in France and I desperately seeking scores or soundtracks to sing.
Have you ever seen that somewhere?

In particular, I was looking for a beautiful version of Going Home.

Thank you :-)

JR
DrewE
Silver Member

Post by DrewE »

Jyaire wrote:Hello,

I wondered about this if there are instrumental versions or piano accompaniment to sing Libera with children ...
I am indeed a teacher in France and I desperately seeking scores or soundtracks to sing.
Have you ever seen that somewhere?

In particular, I was looking for a beautiful version of Going Home.

Thank you :-)

JR
The song Going Home was originally published (to the tune from Dvorak's New World Symphony) around a hundred years ago or so. Obviously, this wouldn't be the precise arrangement and harmonization that Libera sings, since Mr. Prizeman arranged it specially for them. Given enough time, I may be able to dig up who the publisher was and a better estimate of the year of publication...but that may take a bit. It was advertised on the back of a copy of another old song, one of a boxful I acquired awhile ago.