Another Newbie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Malibu
Silver Member

Another Newbie

Post by Malibu »

Hey Guys and Gals,
I'm new here, although I gave most of my background in my first post in the "question for US Libera fans" thread I'll add some here.

I've been a fan for about 6 months, after discovering Libera late last year. I was searching for a specific 'boy choir' sound and after searching the internet for hours and going through many different choirs I finally came across Libera's website. The song that got me hook, line, and sinker was watching the "You Were There" video. After that I ordered the Eternal album, and love it as well. I now have Peace Deluxe, Leiden Concert DVD and Angel Voices 3 (wanted the Christmas songs).

As soon as I heard Libera was going on tour in Canada and I hoped they would be close enough for me to go see (I live about 45 miles north west of Detroit). Luckily they were, and I went to the London concert, and loved it so much, I made a last minute decision to go to the Chatham concert as well.

Anyway, this seems like a nice place, so I'll be hanging around. I hope they have a US tour soon, and maybe I cant meet some of the other fans.
Tim
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Hey Malibu!

Welcome aboard.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Welcome aboard Tim.

Meeting up with fellow fans at concerts is great :D You need to get some of those older albums too (Free, Libera, Luminosa) - some quality material on them.

Keep posting.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
viabuona
Gold Member

Re: Another Newbie

Post by viabuona »

Malibu wrote:.... I went to the London concert, and loved it so much, I made a last minute decision to go to the Chatham concert as well.
Tim
Oh yes, the Libera-Virus. There is no serum against. :roll:

Welcome to the forum Malibu :lol:
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Hi, Tim! I'm pretty sure we talked to you at Chatham, right? Hockey player? And you're in our London pics also! :D Great to have you here! Hope you like it. This forum is the best!
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Welcome Tim!

No wonder you got hooked within that evening- one concert is more than enough :lol:
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Hi and welcome! :mrgreen:
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

Welcome to the forum!
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

Thank you for the welcome everyone!
Lauren wrote:Hi, Tim! I'm pretty sure we talked to you at Chatham, right? Hockey player? And you're in our London pics also! :D Great to have you here! Hope you like it. This forum is the best!
Yup, that's me! Yes you can see my bright orange shirt in some of the pics from London (part of the reason I wore that shirt, so I could point myself out to other fans if need be) :)

Yorkie,
While I don't have the some of the earlier full albums, I do have some songs from then that didn't get included on Eternal. I downloaded (through Amazon) Jerusalem, When a Knight, and I Vow to Thee MY Country. I'll probably keep downloading the missing songs to eventually fill out all the albums.
Again, thanks for the welcome!
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Malibu wrote:Thank you for the welcome everyone!
Lauren wrote:Hi, Tim! I'm pretty sure we talked to you at Chatham, right? Hockey player? And you're in our London pics also! :D Great to have you here! Hope you like it. This forum is the best!
Yup, that's me! Yes you can see my bright orange shirt in some of the pics from London (part of the reason I wore that shirt, so I could point myself out to other fans if need be) :)

Yorkie,
While I don't have the some of the earlier full albums, I do have some songs from then that didn't get included on Eternal. I downloaded (through Amazon) Jerusalem, When a Knight, and I Vow to Thee MY Country. I'll probably keep downloading the missing songs to eventually fill out all the albums.
welcome tim i am so exiced u come at last i am so sorry i did not come to candna i really want to see libera my be some day i will any ways welcome to the forum i hop u love it here
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

Malibu wrote:Thank you for the welcome everyone!

Yorkie,
Welcome, Tim and Lauren. It's so nice to have you here^^.

Charmaine
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Hi, Charmaine! Tim's new, but you already know me (Lexi's mom). Paul just recovered my username for me, so I appear to be a newbie again. :lol:
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Welcome to the forum! Great to have you here :D
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

Lauren wrote:Hi, Charmaine! Tim's new, but you already know me (Lexi's mom). Paul just recovered my username for me, so I appear to be a newbie again. :lol:
Yes, of course I know you :). How could I forget? The link below your post rings the bell for me.

Charmaine
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Another Newbie

Post by maartendas »

Welcome Malibu, you are right this is a nice place to hang around :)
Just curious: What was the specific boy choir sound you were looking for? What did you have in mind while you were searching?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above