Billy Elliot

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Re: Billy Elliot

Post by Rebecca (: »

Yorkie wrote: Where do you find the time???? Ok, ok I believe you - perhaps you should audition for BETM.
I actually quit last year for that very reason - no time! I was falling behind in school and music, so I found it best to quit... well and my joints are now permanently injured, but that's a whole nother story!
That would be a blast.. I doubt I'd make it, though. I actually have a friend who has played Billy for 2 or 3 years now, who got all his dance experience from cheer... so you never know!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Rebecca (: wrote:
Yorkie wrote: Where do you find the time???? Ok, ok I believe you - perhaps you should audition for BETM.
I actually quit last year for that very reason - no time! I was falling behind in school and music, so I found it best to quit... well and my joints are now permanently injured, but that's a whole nother story!
That would be a blast.. I doubt I'd make it, though. I actually have a friend who has played Billy for 2 or 3 years now, who got all his dance experience from cheer... so you never know!
So you know a lad that plays Billy but you can't be bothered to see the show? I give up! Are you naming names or do I have to guess?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

paul30003 wrote:Interview with Billy star Ryan Collinson
What a feel good interview :D I agree with the radio presenter, Elton John's version of Electricity is not as good as Ryan's! :D
Yorkie wrote: The Billy in the photo is Rhys who's place was taken by Ryan in the show. However, it seems Rhys is trying out for a new career as singer
Great picture, where did you find it?
Rhys' friendship song put me in mind of some special friendships, thanks for sharing.
And I'm glad he explains how to pronounce his first name in the other song... ;) (I figured it would rhyme with "is")
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Yorkie wrote: So you know a lad that plays Billy but you can't be bothered to see the show? I give up! Are you naming names or do I have to guess?

yah yah.. I know.. I saw it once a while back, but don't really remember much... :roll:
I would go see his show, but it's in some other state and his company doesn't tour :p
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Yorkie wrote: So you know a lad that plays Billy but you can't be bothered to see the show? I give up! Are you naming names or do I have to guess?

yah yah.. I know.. I saw it once a while back, but don't really remember much... :roll:
I would go see his show, but it's in some other state and his company doesn't tour :p
You never said you'd seen the show before :?:

Mercy & Love
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Yorkie wrote:

You never said you'd seen the show before :?:

oh, woops, well I've never seen it and remembered it, I guess? I was real young when i did, so I hardly even remember the story line or anything.. so seeing it now would be like seeing it for the first time. :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Rebecca (: wrote: oh, woops, well I've never seen it and remembered it, I guess? I was real young when i did, so I hardly even remember the story line or anything.. so seeing it now would be like seeing it for the first time. :)
But it's only been on in the States for two and a half years so you would have been 11 or 12! How bad is your memory :lol:

Mercy & Love
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Yorkie wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote: oh, woops, well I've never seen it and remembered it, I guess? I was real young when i did, so I hardly even remember the story line or anything.. so seeing it now would be like seeing it for the first time. :)
But it's only been on in the States for two and a half years so you would have been 11 or 12! How bad is your memory :lol:
ok, so I just asked, and apparantly it was some mini production of it only featuring a few songs, and bits of dialogue here and there that a local group put on... so I guess I really haven't seen it :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Yorkie wrote:
ok, so I just asked, and apparantly it was some mini production of it only featuring a few songs, and bits of dialogue here and there that a local group put on... so I guess I really haven't seen it :lol:
Then there can be no excuse - a trip to the theatre (theater to those of you with spelling issues) is required for you my girl.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:One of the things Ryan does in his routine is the hands free cartwheel - in fact he does two of them :shock:
I can do that :lol:

Looks like I won't make it out to Dallas to see Billy before they leave, but hopefully next time I go to London I'll see it! (instead of Wicked... :roll: )
His hands free cartwheels are amazing, what a tallent.

The big sign for wicked was the first thing I see when I arrived at Victoria station. Could not be tempted to see the show tbh
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Found this.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Three Billys on Titchmarsh

[youtube][/youtube]

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

paul30003 wrote:Three Billys on Titchmarsh
I could get very upset that you don't appear to read my posts Paul :wink:

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:
paul30003 wrote:Three Billys on Titchmarsh
I could get very upset that you don't appear to read my posts Paul :wink:
I do try to read all your posts, but sometimes after a longs days work almost falling asleep at my computer, posts do pass me by. Nothing personal ;)

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Ahha found a Dean Charles Chapman clip.

Edit ---
Yorkie already posted this on the first page :oops:

Hoping he will be performing at the VPT tomorrow night :)
Last edited by paul on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Plato