Fun stuff and hobbies

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think you meant Dodge Charger, I dont think Dodge has a vehicle called a Challenger, though I think Jeep does. But anyway, I myself like Japanese vehicles, Toyota being my favorite one. My dad is a "greasemonkey" so he teaches me a lot about cars and other things so its fun.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

No, it really is the Dodge Challenger, Jeep has the Cherokee.
I like the Charger too , remember him from the Dukes of Hazzard. And one of my favorite movies, Wheels of terror.
Don't know if you like movies but : Challenger plays in Vanishing point (1971) Fast lane (2002) 2Fast 2 Furious (2003) Cannonball run (1981) Gone in 60 sec (1974) etc.
Feels like I'm going a little bit off-topic but it might be interesting too :)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yes this topic has jumped around but yes, lets talk about favorite movies. I have seen 2Fast2Furious, liked that better than the first, Dukes of Hazard, and Gone in 60 Seconds though I never got through the entire movie. Recently saw Transformers for the first time, really good. I cant really decide on 1 favorite though...
AlAl

Post by AlAl »

I like old school cinema and movies from my childhood. Transformers was really nice one, which surprised me. I used to be a huge Terminator fan up until the third one...well I still love the first two.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Uhhh, I can't really pick a favorite movie. I love the Lord of the Rings trilogy as well as the movies "Entrusted", "Duma", and so many more. If you check out my myspace page you can see a whole list of movies that I love. http://www.myspace.com/tcliffy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

That's so difficult, (the movies I named before were examples of movies with a Dodge Challenger) I really like the road movie Wheels of terror or movies with Christopher Lambert like Road flower, Highlander and Knight moves. Like everything with K. Costner / M. Gibson / C. Eastwood / H.Ford.
Examples: Dances with wolves/Postman/No way out/Mad Max/Forever young/Outlaw Josey Whales/Pale Rider/Indiana Jones etc.
Also like children true drama's, it's always so emotional and wunderful to see children acting (When a child is missing / switching parents) and ghost movies like Darkness or 13 ghosts also look at CSI an Law and order, really like that court drama shows or movies. I own almost a 1000 films That's from road movie to western from treasure hunts to drama from pirates to children. Yes, I can talk forever about this :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Movies are really fun to watch, especially ones you like. But yes, it is hard to choose just one favorite. I personally dont like choosing favorites, because it could sometimes lead to controversy. But when push comes to shove, there may be some occasions in which I have just maybe one favorite :wink:
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

What about actors? Do any of you have a favorite? I don't. I like pretty much any actor who is relatively good yet acts because they love it, not because they get paid to do it.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

I agree with that but, still have some favorites like the ones I named before:
Kevin Costner / Clint Eastwood / Harrison Ford / Mel Gibson / David Morse / rutger Hauer / etc.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You know one day long time ago, I asked my mom why she named me Kevin, and she said she named me after Kevin Costner. I asked why and she said that he was one of her favorite actors, so Kevin Costner became one of my faves because of that, along with Steve Martin, Bruce Willis and many others.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

It's been a while since anyone posted anything here but I just remembered something that might be interesting (it was to me).

About 4 years ago, my mom got a call from a television producer who had heard of me and my older brother and he asked if we would be able to act in a national commercial. Well we, of course, said yes. Unfortunately, he never called back so I was never on t.v. :cry:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Oh what a shame!! My parents have always told me to always take any opportunity that may come to me as it may be the time to shine. Its such a shame to see an opportunity like that to get washed away. I bet you were just devastated.
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Wow.

Um, I love to read, draw, write, dance...
I play the piano, also, and I love it. :D
I'm becoming rather interested in composition, and if I'm bored I will doodle around at the piano. I don't really compose much. Mostly I do improvisation on these random little tunes I come up with. It's not very impressive, but I have fun with it. :wink:
I would like to learn more about composition someday, though, and I'm really fascinated by film scores. Cool that Steven is interested in this area as well. :)
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

Maybe you'll compose something good sometimes... who knows, maybe Beethoven started with just doodling on the Piano... If you put your mind to it anything's possible...
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

Beethoven started with his father beating him for not being as good as Mozart, BUT Beethoven was also a paid organist in the church by 10 or 11, mostly because he loved to improvise. Keep it up!

Hobbies...
Native American Dance (though I am not Native American)
Piano (I suck but I am slowly improving)
Singing (mostly at Mass, but also at camp)
Camping

There are many subcategories in these, but this is what keeps my mind less insane during the long hours of schoolwork.
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004