How You Discovered Libera? Your First Time Hearing Them

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

AngeModerne

How You Discovered Libera? Your First Time Hearing Them

Post by AngeModerne »

I Discovered these Amazing Boys Completely By Accident on Youtube. I was Looking for Instrumentals of Enya's Song "Orinoco Flow", Next Thing I Know, I Look to the Right at the "Suggestion" List Usually offered for every Video and I See "Libera Orinoco Flow" with young boy's that look like they were in a choir.

So in My Mind I'm Thinking "Oh God, What is this!?" :?: I Clicked on the Video and Literally Started Tearing then Started Running around My Room Shouting for Joy! It Turns Out I've Always Known of Libera and Been Searching for Them for Years, They Were the One's I've Been Looking for All a Long.:shock:

Most People Love Christmas Because of the Gifts, Love, Family, Happiness , Unity or Whatever. I Waited for Christmas Every Year Because I Loved the Music the Radio Stations Would Play Not the Regular " Slay Bells Ring" or "Jiggle Bells" Songs, but I Loved When I Would Hear a Certain, What Sounded Like Children Singing Mixed With Classical Music/Instrumentals. But I Didn't Know What that Was Called All I Knew is They Sounded Like Angels! I Tried Everything Kazaa, Limewire, & Aries. Found Nothing.

But Finally After Finding them Exactly on February 9th,2011 My Life Completely Changed for the Better. I've Been Happy Ever Since, I Listen to Libera Everyday, While I Pray, I Listen to them in My Car, Their in My Ipod and Their Songs are Set as My Ringtones.

After I Heard Their Orinoco Flow Version, I Was Captured by Their Voices and Wanted More, I, Then Clicked on the Song "Stay With Me" Solo by Joseph Platt and That Was It For Me, I Literally Missed All My Classes That Day Just to Listen to them All Day Long. I Was Hooked and Still Am.

It is Unfortunate for Me Though, I Must Say, because As Soon as I Watched the Orinoco Flow Performance I Instantly Fall inlove With Tom Cully, Could not take My Eyes off Him. I Just Thought He was Absolutely Adorable, Hilarious, and Brilliant with His Singing. I'm Really Sad That I'll Never Be Able to See Him Sing With Libera Being that 2009 was His Last Year. :cry: But Listening to his Music Now I Know I'll See Him in Concert One Day.

Libera = Happiness :D

-Ania Marie
paul
Site Admin

Re: How You Discovered Libera? Your First Time Hearing Them

Post by paul »

AngeModerne wrote:I Discovered these Amazing Boys Completely By Accident on Youtube. I was Looking for Instrumentals of Enya's Song "Orinoco Flow", Next Thing I Know, I Look to the Right at the "Suggestion" List Usually offered for every Video and I See "Libera Orinoco Flow" with young boy's that look like they were in a choir.

So in My Mind I'm Thinking "Oh God, What is this!?" :?: I Clicked on the Video and Literally Started Tearing then Started Running around My Room Shouting for Joy! It Turns Out I've Always Known of Libera and Been Searching for Them for Years, They Were the One's I've Been Looking for All a Long.:shock:

Most People Love Christmas Because of the Gifts, Love, Family, Happiness , Unity or Whatever. I Waited for Christmas Every Year Because I Loved the Music the Radio Stations Would Play Not the Regular " Slay Bells Ring" or "Jiggle Bells" Songs, but I Loved When I Would Hear a Certain, What Sounded Like Children Singing Mixed With Classical Music/Instrumentals. But I Didn't Know What that Was Called All I Knew is They Sounded Like Angels! I Tried Everything Kazaa, Limewire, & Aries. Found Nothing.

But Finally After Finding them Exactly on February 9th,2011 My Life Completely Changed for the Better. I've Been Happy Ever Since, I Listen to Libera Everyday, While I Pray, I Listen to them in My Car, Their in My Ipod and Their Songs are Set as My Ringtones.

After I Heard Their Orinoco Flow Version, I Was Captured by Their Voices and Wanted More, I, Then Clicked on the Song "Stay With Me" Solo by Joseph Platt and That Was It For Me, I Literally Missed All My Classes That Day Just to Listen to them All Day Long. I Was Hooked and Still Am.

It is Unfortunate for Me Though, I Must Say, because As Soon as I Watched the Orinoco Flow Performance I Instantly Fall inlove With Tom Cully, Could not take My Eyes off Him. I Just Thought He was Absolutely Adorable, Hilarious, and Brilliant with His Singing. I'm Really Sad That I'll Never Be Able to See Him Sing With Libera Being that 2009 was His Last Year. :cry: But Listening to his Music Now I Know I'll See Him in Concert One Day.

Libera = Happiness :D

-Ania Marie
Thats a great story.

Libera has also changed me and made me a better person :)
I am always happy now.
Last edited by paul on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Sounds like you got it bad :lol: Well, you are amongst fellow nut jobs here :D I love that Stay With Me video too, although my first was Michael's Far Away.

And no, life is never quite the same once you open your heart to the beautiful sounds of Libera........
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
kay
Silver Member

First time

Post by kay »

Yes, i woudl agree a better person for hearing their, very obvious, sincerity.

For me, although my wife and I bought the double CD set of their first two albums it was Going Home with Tom, Josh and Ben, especially that last plaintive line that hooked me.
Now there are so many 'favourites' including, Adoramus Te, We Are The Lost, Going Home, Lullabye and well liek I said just so many. In fact I dont think there is a song I do not like (okay I've got it bad too)
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

Hi. Don't mind if I share my story. I was watching their video singing Orinoco Flow on youtube. I was amazed by their high voices. As I watch more of their videos, I became closer to them. Now I'm a fan for three years now. I still love their music. This is one choir I would never give up on. Libera is the best!! :D

Charmaine
AngeModerne

Post by AngeModerne »

sweetangel16 wrote:Hi. Don't mind if I share my story. I was watching their video singing Orinoco Flow on youtube. I was amazed by their high voices. As I watch more of their videos, I became closer to them. Now I'm a fan for three years now. I still love their music. This is one choir I would never give up on. Libera is the best!! :D

Charmaine
Haha Looks like I'm not the only one that got sucked in by their Orinoco Flow Version :)

Man oh man you gotta love them
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

LOL...yeah that one was fantastic!
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

AngeModerne, welcome here ;)
You are not alone LOL :lol: Libera's Orinoco Flow is the first song for me too ;)
Powerful, no doubts :)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
AngeModerne

Post by AngeModerne »

Narnian wrote:AngeModerne, welcome here ;)
You are not alone LOL :lol: Libera's Orinoco Flow is the first song for me too ;)
LOL Thank You for the Warm Welcome, Im Glad Im not Alone Here Because I'm a College Student Right Now and While Everyone is listening to the junk on the Radio like rap and such im here listening to Libera like its the Newest R&B Song That Just Came Out :D
Sincerely,
Marie
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

AngeModerne wrote:
LOL Thank You for the Warm Welcome, Im Glad Im not Alone Here Because I'm a College Student Right Now and While Everyone is listening to the junk on the Radio like rap and such im here listening to Libera like its the Newest R&B Song That Just Came Out :D
I hear yah! I'm just a 14 year old kid, and no one my age here would even consider listening to them... Even get laughed at.. but it's completly fine! :D
labbie

Post by labbie »

Don't worry about being laughed at, Rebecca. Those other people don't know what they're missing!
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

labbie wrote:Don't worry about being laughed at, Rebecca. Those other people don't know what they're missing!
Exactly! I just have a better taste in music :D
AngeModerne

Post by AngeModerne »

Rebecca (: wrote:
AngeModerne wrote:
I hear yah! I'm just a 14 year old kid, and no one my age here would even consider listening to them... Even get laughed at.. but it's completly fine! :D
Yeah girl I understand completely, i tried to make a friend listen to Libera but everyone now or days are just so close minded because its not Jay-Z its Not for them but they really dont know what they're missing, Libera soothes my soul :D
Sincerely,
Marie
Liesma

Re: How You Discovered Libera? Your First Time Hearing Them

Post by Liesma »

I discovered Libera in similar way. Only difference - I searched for some songs from Taizé, like "Sanctus", "Agnus Dei", "Alleluia" and others. And then in suggestions I saw one video with name "Sanctus". I don't remember if there were written who is performing it or not, but, when I listened, I searched for more of their music.
sweetangel16 wrote:As I watch more of their videos, I became closer to them. Now I'm a fan for three years now. I still love their music. This is one choir I would never give up on. Libera is the best!! :D
I agree to you, because same was with me. I know them for 3 years too! :)