What are some songs you would love Libera to sing?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

xsakurax
Gold Member

What are some songs you would love Libera to sing?

Post by xsakurax »

Hey. Just feeling a little bored, so I decided to post a new topic.

So yeah, what are some of the songs you would love Libera to sing, maybe in the future albums? Which of the songs do you think are great compositions that really suit Libera's genre?

PS. Actually, I love the new songs composed by Robert Prizeman. And definitely love the older boys trying out writing lyrics for new songs too. It's a great exposure for them. But I'll also like to imagine how they would sound if they could sing some of my favourite songs such as "Danny boy", "You raise me up", "The Lords My Shepherd", or even "Somewhere over the rainbow". LOL.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I was listening to the Vienna Boys Choir Goes Pop album and they sang another song by Enya called Only Time. Their version was very smooth and relaxing. I would love to hear Libera's version of this song :)
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

We sang "All Creatures of our God and King" in church today along with some other old hymns and I thought it would be nice if Libera sang it again. I know they sang it back when they were "Angel Voices", but I'd like to hear them sing it now.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
barlies04
Silver Member

Post by barlies04 »

Hi Guys
what about Dear Lord and father of mankind or Spirit of the living godor swing low sweet chariot
jim
William

Post by William »

There's so many! How about "You'll Never Walk Alone", "When You Wish Upon a Star", and "Any Dream Will Do"?
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Oh yeah! Any dream will do! I sang that in choir in secondary school before! I love that song!

I think there's other songs from Disney that's quite suitable too. Like "When you believe". Is there such song? I can't remember the exact title.
William

Post by William »

There are two songs I'm aware of with that title. One is from the movie "Prince of Egypt" and the other, I don't know the artist, but it's on Jamie Shaw's first album (before his voice changed). Both are great but I'm not sure if the second one (my favorite of the two!) would fit their style.
barlies04
Silver Member

Post by barlies04 »

hya
just a thought what about kumbaya, and i believe
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

I would like to hear them do something from the Andrew Lloyd Webber “Requiem”. I think Robert Prizeman could do a great job of adapting “Hosanna” or “Pie Jesu.” These seem like Libera style songs.
johnny

Post by johnny »

i would really like to hear them song Suo Gan as i just know the blending
of all there great voices they have would make this song great
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

'Who wants to Live forever' by Queen.

There's great potential for an emotive solitary solo start (maybe Tom), then another boy to join in, with the whole choir building up towards a climatic ending. In the original video by Queen there was participation of a boys choir at the end.
DrewE
Silver Member

Post by DrewE »

There's a whole lot of good songs out there that it would be neat to hear...a very great many indeed. Here are a few no particular order:

Modern:
Saved The Day by Dirt Poor Robins on "Volume One" (which I think was never commercially distributed; I bought a copy at one of their gigs a few years ago)

Edited: I found a sample clip of this song online; no longer available for sale at the site, but the sample clip is still up and gives a bit of a feel for the tune. It builds as the song progresses. http://listen30.payplay.fm/d/i/dirtpoor ... 7-clip.mp3

Less modern:
Largo by Thomas Williams
Christmas Day by Gustav Holst
O The Deep, Deep Love of Jesus, words by S. Trevor Francis, sung to its standard hymn tune "Ebenezer" by Thomas J. Williams

Not really modern at all:
Passion Chorale harmonized by J. S. Bach (generally found in English hymnals as O Sacred Head Now Wounded)
Last edited by DrewE on Sat May 17, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

I think they should come out with an all Christmas album this winter. I think that would be awesome.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I hope too! Please! Please! That will be great! I love all their songs they sang in 2006 and 2007 on Christmas Cooks. I'll love if they could have a Christmas album this year or next. They are really one of a kind, unique and special.
barlies04
Silver Member

Post by barlies04 »

Hi Guys
can i add my vote for a xmas album for this year only problem what do you leave out i'm sure we could list maybe a 100 tracks which would be suitable? here's some in no particular order
Silent night,Marys boychild, jingle bell rock, sleighride,joy to the world,O holy night
jim